1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Factions server problem

Discussion in 'Help' started by daskew87, Mar 27, 2016.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Heya I wanted to bring this up here just in case someone has an answer..

Why is the server crashing for this particular map?

Today I hosted @makmoud98's mod Factions. I hosted @FunATuns edited version of it version 9.

We have 3 maps for this mod. One is made by me - RPG 3. It works fine but then I made some changes to the map uploaded it, restarted the server and loaded the map and my kag instantly crashes. The server remains up and on the same map but everytime I cannot join the server.

Here is the old map:

RPG3.png

Here is the updated version:

RPG3.png

Other people ALSO could not join when this updated map was on the server.

I replaced the new one with the older one and then I could join the server again.

I have no idea what is happening here. As far as I am aware there is nothing wrong with the newer map.

Here is the relevant console code. There seems to be nothing wrong here either. I want to remind you EVERYONE else also couldn't join the server.

Code:
    [05:29:11] /nextmap
    [05:29:11] *Restarting Map*
    [05:29:11] Adding map to cycle '../Mods/Factions/Maps/RPG.png'
    [05:29:11] Adding map to cycle '../Mods/Factions/Maps/RPG2.png'
    [05:29:11] Adding map to cycle '../Mods/Factions/Maps/RPG3.png'
    [05:29:11] Next map: ../Mods/Factions/Maps/RPG3.png
    [05:29:11] File not found ../Mods/Factions/Maps/RPG3.png, searching matches...
    [05:29:11] Best match ../Mods/FunATunsEditFactions9/Maps/RPG3.png
    [05:29:11] LOADING PNG MAP ../Mods/FunATunsEditFactions9/Maps/RPG3.png
    [05:29:13] Checking if update available
    [05:29:14]
    [05:29:23] Player daskew87 left the game (players left 0)
    [05:29:23] NO PLAYERS - SERVER PAUSED (to change this behaviour set /sv_canpause 0
    Can anyone figure out this riddle?

Thanks all,

Dask

(p.s I really want to say that this really sucks. problems with hosting servers come up all the time and there's loads of them. it really sometimes stops me from getting on with creating things)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Dask just PM me on steam I'll help you out. I'm not sure what the issue is though, but we can troubleshoot

3. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Same problem here, all I did was change mod name so people had to download the mod again, and then no issues had arrived.

4. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

If people are going to host factions can they host the original? A lot of the stuff I added has code for my huge kaba mod thats coming out soon, and I dont want people bugging around in the added files. Thanks

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey