1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Features Coming !

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by kiro, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

Just wondering, would it be plausible if archers could deactivate certain traps with their arrows? Or trigger traps? I'm thinking back to Legend of Zelda where I would have to shoot those crystals from time to time to get something moving and whatnot. Or freeze/lower the water so I could cross, et cetera. This, of course, required PIN POINT ACCURACY!... More or less.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah, it might be an option. We were simply going to give them the ability to sap/jam traps/levers/pressure plates if they got close enough by jamming an arrow into it. A large part of the idea of mechanisms is to make the castles more interactive, so something like that could be good fun.

3. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

This may be a bit off topic but from before, didnt you guys say you were going to add storage units? If so, are these storage units going to be team connected? like one builder makes a storage box in a mine shaft, he mines a bunch of stone and stores it in the box for teammates to use, another builder at the front would build another storage box and receive that stone from the mine shaft box (Almost like supply depots except interconnected and only accessible by their team)

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

That was the plan, but we postponed it what with being able to drop and store resources. It'd be better to have a proper way to stockpile them so we'll likely add them at some point when we're spamming building content (looks like that's coming soon as I've been splitting the workshops and halls and whatnot into sprites and we'll hopefully see that off the ground and getting balanced in the test build (by gold members) soon)

5. Cagar

Cagar Bison Rider

Release date? Or is it just "sometime around october"?

6. Geti

We're not going to cram them all into one release, we'll continue with the whole rolling release thing and drop a few test builds. The October cutoff is because we'll have to focus on a little something for the 31st, so hopefully we can at least get coins and workshops in before then, perhaps mechanisms too.

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yay, I will get them now :3
    So lots of thanks to my helper

chairmanMeow likes this.
  8. Cagar

Cagar Bison Rider

Understood, that's what i thought.
    [​IMG]
    Picture of me. It's jelly

Monsteri likes this.
  9. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

With this latest blog post, the image has a dead body in the right hand frame, along with ladders and explosives. Does that mean we will be able to drag corpses around with us? :D

10. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

11. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Lol like:
    ''Man Down!!!
    -I am hit!
    -Hang in there buddy I will get you to safe, COVER ME!
    ~Bravo 6 the injured allied has been brought to safe, over~''
    I just luv that kind of stuff, and I am not really a COD player :p

12. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Call of Duty is the farthest from that.

13. Geti

Healing dead allies might happen if we remove respawning. I don't want to talk about all of that with most of the community yet though, sadly, as we haven't ironed out our thoughts there.

You'll be able to move corpses and put them in a catapults and so forth most likely. Tossing them into spike pits could happen too. Note that ladders as tiles might be making an exit, simply because I hate how they get abused (spam ladders at wall, get over in 5 seconds) If you have to carry a ladder there and place it that makes a lot more sense to me and removes the whole cheese tactic element.

OldSnake, Neat and illu like this.
  14. Cagar

Cagar Bison Rider

Think of the high blood-pressure if you were playing a clanmatch WITHOUT respawning at all.
    So cool.

Neat likes this.
  15. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

Teamdeathmatch is so cool without respawn.

16. laurentiu

It will, but for those who died it might get a little boring if the one still alive hid somewhere...

17. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

This ladder thing would be really fun. It would require scouting prior to building the ladder to judge how high the enemy's wall is. Then builders could build it accordingly, and... But wait, it would still be funny if after building the ladder, the enemy has already raised the wall about five tiles :) Sounds awesome.

Also, I had suggested this in one of the old 'New build' threads, but, can dead corpses emit a nasty, diseased cloud that creates Damage-over-Time (DoT - I know you know, but for anyone else's sake I'm letting them know the abbreviation) in it's radius? We could catapult the bodies over walls and this would allow for some biological siege warfare, like the Mongols did.

18. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Pick up living allies to make human ladders? Different from the knight ladders

19. laurentiu

I have another feeling something is broken atm...Servers are laggy and a second ago, KAG crashed.

20. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

And as we are getting new engine in couple of months i cant write anything creative so will just go to hybernate mode for 3-6 months,see ya all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.