1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG February Plans, plus Modded Server Feedback and Submissions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Feb 13, 2017.

1. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

Alright, thanks. I will look over the code and maybe work on a registration.json for my mods in the future.

Thanks again!

FuzzyBlueBaron and Geti like this.
  2. Diprog

Diprog Bison Rider Tester
    1. FUN Servers

FunCTF doesn't crash anything. It just throws bad deltas and kicks everyone. It may never happen on a day. The mod has too many things, so I just can't find what causes it (I don't even know where should I look for that error)

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Thanks for the clarification @Diprog - I've covered stuff about bad deltas over here https://forum.thd.vg/threads/bad-delta-msg_inventory_putin-network-id-for-blobs.26326/page-2 but it's indeed a hard thing to track down.

Sorry for not finding time for this - as you might have noticed, noone else is working on it. I'll talk with joe about if we have the capacity for this in other regions, it should be fine but I need to set aside a day to focus on it (requires carefully distributing the files and getting the management script running, neither are particularly automated at the moment).

4. Diprog

Diprog Bison Rider Tester
    1. FUN Servers

Yeah, thanks, I understand. I checked almost all scripts that may cause bad deltas, fixed some of them, so now massive player disconnect happens much rarier (1-2 times on a day), also it can never happen on a day. If there was a way to track where bad deltas start to appear from.

Asu likes this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Unfortunately, no. As I wrote in that thread, by the time the bad delta is detected, all you can say is that something "went wrong processing the last packet", which is similar to the last frame but it could be spread across multiple frames for multiple users.
    The only way to solve those issues is to go through and make sure that:
    • You have matched up your onHits between client and server
    • You are 100% sure that every time you prepare a bitstream for a command, it's done correctly and that all the command callbacks read it correctly (can often help to wrap these in their own functions so you can compare more easily)
    • You are 100% sure that all the command IDs are added in the same order on server and client, and that none are missing on server and client.
    • If you're doing anything with the "advanced" network functions like those related to createdata, that you do it even more carefully than you would all of the above.

Asu and bunnie like this.