1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fighting the undead - Now with friends! (build 393)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, May 14, 2012.

1. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

2. Scampy

Scampy Shark Slayer

No more buying zombies from portals? Awwwwwww...

Good to know the update is out.

3. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Coin might be too easy to get in this build. That's 1157, if you can't make it out. screen-12-05-14-18-51-10.png

killatron46, WarrFork and FlameHaze3 like this.
  4. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

I think the best thing about the update is the feeling of smoothness from zooming in.
    Need to find a smaller alot :L

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  5. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

I FUCKING LOVE HATS!

6. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

Also why are thrown objects so fast now :L

7. Bookmark

Bookmark Haxor

My body was not and is not ready for this update.
    • Bombs have ridiculously short fuses
      • When thrown, their fuses seem to go back to normal in proportion to the time left when they were held.
    • Coins keep multiplying and getting larger and larger -- ad infinitum
    • Spikes are insta-kill or punish EXTREMELY heavily on the slightest tap in their direction; regardless of orientation.
    These 3 combined leads to a very difficult to moderate server and a very angry Vidar.
    You don't want an angry Vidar.

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Had none of those problems in test and we did fuck with spikes, Rayne spent over 3 hours making sure to help with bomb fuse timer.

<_>

9. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

All of the testers seem to agree that things were smoother during testing. Is this a scale issue? Or did something change between then and now?

killatron46 and Ghozt like this.
  10. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I just feel like...
    [​IMG]

that was my ice cream(kag)... :QQ:

11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

OH GOD THE FALLING
    THE EXPLOSIONS
    DID THIS EVEN GET PLAYTESTED

12. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Could you please tell me what's exactly wrong with jumps. (and the warping)
    I can't seem to get a logical explanation.

Don't say what you see, but what the problem is.

Is it some de-synced gravity or something? Local ticks and server ticks going on different speed? Seriously, no idea.

13. BlueLuigi

There is so much wrong that I doubt they could even explain it to you if they tried.

No idea what even happened.

Beef likes this.
  14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Damnit, MM got the forum post yet again...

Ontopic:
    I haven't even seen what's happened yet. Everything was working last night before release so unless there was a pile of changes made _after_ the RC, then everything "should" be fine. You have no idea how much testing this release has gone through (hint: lots and lots).

The bombs counting faster when in-hand thing was fixed, I'm checking the source now on a laptop I haven't developed on for a while to see if anything actually was changed after the release. They were tested pretty damn thoroughly to make sure they weren't counting faster last night though. Unless that change wasn't actually applied or was reverted, bombs shouldn't be doing what they are doing.

Hotfix party tonight is inevitable it seems. Seems that something always breaks when it goes public...

SARGRA13, Stevedog, Ghozt and 2 others like this.
  15. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

KAG Reloaded: Michael Bay edition
    </br>--- merged: May 15, 2012 3:09 AM ---</br>
    If you fix the ridiculous money and falling, everything should be a lot more fine.
    In the meantime, I'm loving the command system in ZF mode.

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Things to check first tonight:
    - Ridiculous Money
    - Crazy Falling
    - Bomb Countdown Speed

Blueboy23, Ghozt and Rayne like this.
  17. Bookmark

Bookmark Haxor

I'd recommend taking a look into spikes too. They seem to instantly kill players -- unless that was the intention with this update. You could easily grief by placing 1 spike and killing your whole team near spawn[tent].
    Thanks for your hard work Geti. We all appreciate what you and the KAG team do for us.

killatron46 and allknowingfrog like this.
  18. Madoka

Madoka Shopkeep Stealer

I switched to archer and as soon as I started to spam from the trees noticed all the problems the knights had while trying to catch me (which went worse when they tried to throw bombs) They failed, mass-killed themselves, raged, said Shadlington was handsome, left the game, joined the game and killed themselves again... uh.

Not sure about the new bot control system. A lot simplified, but bots themselves are still somewhat derpy, (can't gather resources, bad aim, not dodging some obstacles, not reloading ammo...)

Multiplayer zombie survival gets boring after a while. Zombie knights should have less life but more destructive power, since it's hard to see them breaking stone in the right place or collapsing stuff.

Tl;dr: Knight is underpowered - Multiplayer Z. Survival = Sandbox with some casual visitors.

19. BlueLuigi

I've always felt personally that multiplayer zombies was a silly thing because you can either start making great types of zombies, AIs above what a zombie can have, or be somewhat bored. I find that for z knights I just find a safe place and shoot them to hell, because fighting them up close is just ridiculous, there are no openings they swing you die, your ONLY chance is to get under them and sort of juggle them, they don't have a falling sprite it seems so they literally just seem to be standing on you and have no problem doing so!

I have noticed that now you can be squished between and held infinitely by zombies or bots too ;_; (The glitch's reasoning becomes obvious if you have debug on)

Halosnake, Contrary and Madoka like this.
  20. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Knight isn't underpowered, archer is overpowered. Incidentally, didn't MM or Geti say at some point that archers would no longer be able to destroy workshops because it made no sense? Well, they still can.

potatomcwhiskey likes this.