1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Final Features XVII

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Monsteri, Nov 10, 2013.

?

Do you agree with the suggestions below?

1. I agree with all suggestions in the OP

83.3%
  2. I don't entirely agree with OP (post in the thread)

16.7%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yeah I know about the 1 suggestion per 1 thread, but you can fuck off with it, as long as the suggestions are numbered properly it's much easier to talk about them in a single thread. Also do you really want me to spam multiple threads for (mostly) simple fixes.
    --------------
    As the devs are probably soon going to move onto the next thing, I decided to suggest some fixes & rebalances to broken things. Feel free to criticize and discuss. Also vote in the poll.

#1 Archers
    Probably the hottest topic right now. The class needs a buff. Both newbies and veterans realize this.

ESSENTIAL
    1. Normal arrow damage increased to 1,5 hearts from close to mid range. Talking about 0-15 blocks.
    2. RNG spread from arrows removed.
    3. Stun range increased by 3 blocks.
    OPTIONAL
    1. No stun if enemy takes stomp damage. Archers stomp with less velocity.
      • Encourages risky plays and increases skill ceiling
    2. All classes can climb ally arrows. Great utility tool for archers, and gives them much more presence even without special arrows.
      • Arrow climbing mechanics should be improved if this feature is added. I suggest being able to gain an additional jump as you fall on an arrow, no slowdown ladder climb.
    3. Water arrows removed, water bombs changed to an archer tool
      • This makes much more sense as a support tool for archers and further encourages them to get closer to enemies. Water bombs are also way too powerful on knights.
    4. Archers can lit kegs
      • One might argue this makes them completely OP, but it is not really the case. Scaling enemy walls is a difficult task with enemy archers and knights actively trying to take you out while you are slowed down. Allowing archers to lit kegs would give archers incentive to offensively use their grappling hook, and promotes skillful plays.
    Overall I think these changes would make the archer an extremely solid and versatile class compared to what it is now. Class balance would be nearly perfect, were these changes to take place.
    #2 Kegs
    REMOVE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY THEM WHILE LIT

#3 Burgers
    A completely broken but under-utilized item in TTH. Make them heal 1 heart per 0,8 seconds (lasting 4 seconds), and add a visible cue for the healing effect. Healing is cancelled upon taking damage.

#4 Water buckets
    Remove the damned stun already

#5 Boats
    These changes are meant for CTF, where boats are hard to come by.
    1. Increase warboat's coin cost to 200, but remove the wood cost.
    2. Remove coin cost from longboat
    3. Move mounted bow from warboat to longboat
    4. buff mounted bow
    5. If a warboat is being captured, spawning in it should be disabled.
    Watery maps now become much more viable for regular server rotations. Longboat is easy to access in early game, while warboat costs a lot but can break stalemates. Most importantly, knights will be able to supply their team with boats without having to switch to builder.
    #6 Siege vehicles & Boulders
    They're pretty alright at where they are currently. Couple changes though.
    1. Make bomb arrows instakill catapults again, as they can be fully repaired by repackaging.
    2. Boulders should cost coin instead of stone in CTF.
    3. Boulders should again be produced by catapult factories in TTH.
    4. Boulders should fly further when launched from a catapult.
    5. Boulders shouldn't destroy doors if thrown only by players.
    6. Add a toggleable "brake" button (E) for vehicles which disables the ability to enter the driver spot. Prevents accidentally driving vehicles off towers.
    #7 Reducing "Chaos"
    Add small "status" text popups like in e.g. MMOs next to the player, very quickly fading ones. Helps new players learn the game faster and keep track of what's happening.
    1. Blocked - whenever an attack is blocked with the shield
    2. Stunned - whenever the player is stunned
    3. Enemy Hit - whenever the player hits an enemy
    4. Damaged - whenever the player receives damage
    These can be toggled on/off with F1

#8 Drills
    They shouldn't waste 70% of the stone. What's the point then?

#9 Make flag stands spawn 1 tile bedrock
    Prevents making saw traps just below the flag, stalling games for hours.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  2. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

I'd like to say..... Archer's aren't even weak, they can destroy a knight, given a building.

What's happening right now:

Archer comes out of building, fully charged, spams Knight. 1st arrow stuns, last 2 damages. 2 hearts lost. Since stunned, and damaged, knight flies back. (Not sure how many, but seemed like around 5 blocks.) Archer goes back into building and start charging again.

What would happen with your buff:

Archer comes out of building, fully charged, spams knight. 1st arrow stuns, last 2 damages. _3 hearts lost_. Since stunned, and damaged, knight flies back. _An extra 9 blocks, because 3 blocks per arrow_. Basically complete rek. Archer doesn't even have to go back into building to destroy the knight again, and kill him. Because as knight walks towards archer, 1 arrow kills him, whether he be charging his slash, or what not.

(The other suggestions seem fine)

3. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Oh gawd, yes!!! Remove that gawd awful stun from water buckets. That shit can be abused so much it's not even funny. I've had one builder abuse that stun to the point that he'd sit near the water and the moment you walked near him he'd stunlock you by splashing water for an indefinite amount of time (or until his mates killed you).

Might also suggest removing the ability of grabbing a boulder and smashing it against a door. It feels like such a cheap tactic when a boulder costs 30 stone and two door blocks cost 100.

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Read properly, please.

5. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Woopsy, missed that one. My bad! :oops:

6. SamuraiCupcake

SamuraiCupcake Builder Stabber

Good suggestions, thumbs up to this. :thumbs_up:

Just a few details though. Uno, I think the archer tools are okay, the water arrows functioning well as a evasion tool imo. However I really like your idea of allowing other classes to climb the arrows. The archer doesn't even need to use this ability since the grappling hook exists. And as Superblackcat explained, archers are effective with a tower, so no dmg buff needed.

Secundo, kegs are alright too imo. If you ''destroy'' them while lit, they go kaboom. I don't see any issue here.

Trio, I agree with removing the bucket stun, but leave the white-out. You're being blinded by water being thrown in your face, but you can still move.

That's all I got.

Edit : Just watched this to confirm how many arrows it takes to kill a knight. Yep, that's 4 arrows... 4 poisoned arrows no less. Its a good scene, for what its worth.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nr1uUrNr0

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  7. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

Optional
    2. Agree, since Archer have Grappling Hook, Arrow Climbing got totally useless (rarely used before)
    3. nope, only if knights get a good substitute for waterbombs
    4. lit ok, but just only without grapplinghookcarrying or alternativly make it possible dragging kegs with hook

#3. Burger
    Broken? i hope you don't mean underpowered because the only reason there aren't the 'Incarnation of OPnes' is the fact that you don't have a hotkey for using them
    #6. Siege ...
    1. what about burning siege with fire arrows instead?!
    6. yeah turning the thing on a plattform is a common problem

Additional Suggestion
    TechnologyTree
    1. slower research
    2. Popup Screen 'TechTree' for joining player in building time (i think many players don't know about the TechTree)
    3. Adjust the TechTree, in my opinion the Tree is unbalanced

Mods: Rainbows