1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

First impressions thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Qosmo, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Qosmo

Qosmo Catapult Fodder

Stealth mod edit: Thread hijacked to serve as a general "first impressions" discussion. -Kyzak

Hello : )
    My experience was great and I really enjoyed the tutorial and solo modes and then I tried the multiplayer... The first server had no trees and had a lot of stuff going on so I grown bored and switched to another. The next one we actually won the capture the flag : )) Now comes the fun part:

Then I went into a server Max-Play.pl, the round had just started and some guy was building a huge wall. Figuring I wanted a door to the other side I started taking off a block to put a door without knowing that could collapse the wall... I immediately got accused of griefing because apparently there was already a door down below hidden in the dark and I told them to teach me instead of accusing. After that I go into a corner of the map and start building my own wall but decide it was dumb and really far away from the battlefield so I take it down and die in the process... and they BAN me from the server... I kinda don't recommend this server to anyone that is new.

So that was my first day experience on KAG, dealing with morons, how was yours?

2. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

Ah what server was it mate?

Qosmo and Redigit like this.
  3. Qosmo

Qosmo Catapult Fodder

I believe the name of it was Max-Play.pl CTF

4. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

My first experience was meeting Beef and he told me that there were forums. I went from there.

Blame Beef for me being on the forums.

Saverous, Bly, GloriousToast and 5 others like this.
  5. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

KSB or AOE,OGC,power,Action servers and if you get alright ping there's mole and incarnum and acridstone and HA servers (I go to these servers all the time so we may meet).
    My first time I was here in kag was when I met Sniper177 and I joined him and someguys and made ALPHA.

6. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Building. I would go to the empty servers still in build time and just build for hours on end until somebody finally came. Now I hate waiting for people to join.

7. Almost_Flying_Duck

Almost_Flying_Duck Builder Stabber

I can see why they'd accuse you of griefing though.

KnightGabe13 and Qosmo like this.
  8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hey, Qosmo. :) Welcome to the forums and KAG in general!

Sorry to hear you had such a poor reception; people tend to be fairly touchy about griefers in this game, but it's a shame no one took you aside and coached you in the Way of the Builder. :S Thinking back to my own first day I spent an hour building a huge fortress on an unlimited lives server before a griefing speed-hacker when through it removing all the doors and then collapsing the front end of it. :QQ:

Anywho, gotta run, but do keep playing/engaging in the community - it's really worth the time & input. ;)

9. Madoka

Madoka Shopkeep Stealer

I joined KAG before the build 260 when the piano music in the very first tutorial was still here... that music was the main reason I kept playing. Then joined the multiplayer mode and fell in love with Geti's art and some guys were talking about a fish in the uretra but nvm the game seemed EPIC at first view.

WHY did u remove teh music u little ducks

Qosmo, GHOZT and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I refuse to believe anyone who has watched Beck:MGS can be bad, you are therefore awesome, also sucks that was your first foray into KAG.

If you want any help learning KAG please ask away and I will do my best to point you towards the proper channels for learning.

These are the two main things you want to be checking out:
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/265-the-way-of-the-builder-a-general-guide.3136/
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/terrys-tutorial.4329/

Very informative and should get you up there in how things work quickly.

Qosmo, GHOZT and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  11. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

Sorry you got banned brah. Just as a warning though, it's considering griefing if you take down ANY tower that's helpful to your team. Even if it looks like a massive dick in the sky pissing swastikas, even if an enemy built it, even if YOU build it, taking it down is considered griefing. It also doesn't help you're a new dude, you rarely ever see the same griefer twice. Just be careful building and have fun ;D. premium servers are much, much better then white ones, too, just for the sake that the players are better and there are almost no griefers.

Protip: beware the griefers and know you can summon a guard via IRC if you're not able to kick him

12. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Well, sorry to hear about your first da, but all that time back, er, let me see,
    My brother showed me this game, and I said it was gay, after a week of non stop tormenting I finally tried it, I don't really remeber my first games to well, what I do remeber, was,
    I am pretty sure that it was
    A [!] Unlimted, so the map was swiss cheese.
    Massive games.
    Pro players.
    Also, when I got a bomb it was like, epic, awesome, the bee's knees you know.
    My only downside was really just, because of the size and the type of server it wasn't very friendly.

Also just as an addition seems you added it was, I was introduced to the forums from, I am pretty sure "Jack_the_whack" when I was trying to get into the clan he was in, so thanks man. ;)

13. Qosmo

Qosmo Catapult Fodder

Really good to see all the stories and yes, I will be extra careful!

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  14. My very first day I accidentally greifed... I completely forgot that KAG had a collapsible environment, the tower I destroyed had no way over it so I started digging through, I reached the other side then it collapsed... alot of people started swearing at me.

I left the game straight after that I could not handle the guilt.. :D

KnightGabe13 and Ghozt like this.
  15. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Dying
    Building ground level doors.
    Dying.
    Building tall 1 block high towers.
    Dying.
    Digging spike pits.
    Dying.
    Putting spikes on team bridges.
    Dying.
    Buying Bombs, not using them and losing them to the enemy.
    Dying.

That about sums it up.

16. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

My first day consisted of charging in and dieing as a builder because I didn't know how to change. :p

GHOZT likes this.
  17. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

My first day began with trying out the demo, reading instructions, trying out the tutorial, some single player deathmatch. Then going on IRC, getting to know some people (Wyeth, Ej, Raron at first) who were very helpful and kind. Told me some tactics, like avoiding the unholy ground-level doors for example, but also helped me around IRC and forums a little. Got some suggestions for beginner servers as well, so I went on Beo's, did unintentional griefing, then rejoined, played as archer and had fun :)

Moral of the story: Sometimes it's best to do your homework/research.

Also, somewhere inbetween I ended up buying the full game.

KnightGabe13 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  18. CoD

CoD Haxor

My first day I just tried everything out (I don't read instructions) and then I met MINI who believe it or not I was better than at that time.

19. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

My first day I went knight and eventually figured out what collapses were. I then spent 30 minutes creating a sky bridge made out of stone that spanned the entire map watching the battle unfold. It was like watching an ant farm, each player doing their own little thing. Finally, once the bridge reached the other end of the map I collapsed it all, killing nearly everyone in the game.

I fell in love that day

20. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Well, you made the right choice coming to the forums! It's sad how few people come here... Read up on all the tutorials you can, it's a ton of fun here and you'll learn a lot!