1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

First impressions thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Qosmo, Apr 29, 2012.

1. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Lol :D That's an awesome trap xD I think I didn't even know how digging worked on my first day :p

2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The very first thing i saw from the game was the main video at kag webpage. It appeared to be an amazing game, and so it was. It still makes me feel as if I was a kid, as playing snes and gameboy, the video i mean.

(Sorry a bit off topic but:)
    I hadn't seen that video from TotalBiscuit, and in it he keeps on saying 'the aim of this game is to steal gold from your enemies'.
    Is there any server based on this mode? Has it ever been such a game mode?

3. SinZero

SinZero Haxor

It was, Gold rush.
    First time I saw KAG was when I was searching for games similar to Terraria, KAG popped up first from the list. Then I decided to play it.
    First day was quite nice since I automatically played archer and was killing people easily, not minding other people, I totally despise those maps with only stone and gold in the old days. I did miss the huge mountain maps. Everything was new, But I quickly understand everything as soon as I saw people play each class.

4. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

If I had the time to play KAG more then the 2 or 3 hours or so I get to a week then I'd love to learn how to make a decent tutorial, I think if the tutorial could be improved we'd see alot more people sticking around and a much better quality of new player overall. Obviously alot of people won't bother and etc etc, but I'm sure it'll be worth it for the people that want to learn to play a game a little before jumping into multiplayer. If all the stuff in Terry's guide was in there that'd be a start, some building tips and examples even more awesome, shops and all that kinda crap sweet.

It'd be a good place to advertise premium features too, if you had the tutorial split into different areas; general movement, knight, builder, archer tutorials, and then shops and equipment then you could showcase premium stuff and get some interest in it very quickly. If there were kegs, ballistas, fire arrows etc in the tutorial, and you label them as premium features, then after a few minutes blowing up a respawning wall new players would be interested in premium before they'd even started their first mutliplayer game.

I think one sign right at the end of the tutorial would do for now: "Don't play as builder for at least a week you cunt or I'll break your legs - MM/Geti xox" and hopefully that'd stop new players trying to build when they haven't a clue what they're doing yet. Seriously though, new players need to be encouraged to go archer or knight and wait until they get used to the game, not that anyone would listen...

Viken likes this.
  5. Khaz

Khaz Catapult Fodder

Start up KAG, "alright, so far, so sexy"
    random CTF server "You're flag is mine"
    Start as knight "REVEAL YOUR SECRETS KNIGHT"
    find out f is for bombs, accidently destory team base, enemy gets flag x.x "sadface..."
    respawn change class to archer "I will rain pain!"
    Doesnt know how to charge anything "flacid arrows ;~;"
    leave and hear zombies is for singleplayer
    Buy game and learn everything I can in zombies
    Become regular player of CTF XD

6. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

My first game was pretty bad..I saw somone fall into a spike trap so I took all his money and got a bomb. Then pressed every button on my computer to relise it said on the screen "Light Bomb = f" So I lit the bomb and took out a team tower. Then everybody got annoyed and said i was a noob bomb thrower. :D

7. Bunnyninja

Bunnyninja Bison Rider

my first time playing it, i had bunnyboy next to me calling a NOOB the whole time

Saverous likes this.
  8. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

I still dont know how 2 dig:QQ:

BoiiW and Bunnyboy like this.
  9. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

I still remember some of the highlights of my first online game of CTF:

Jab wars :heart:
    Wondering why I couldn't fire arrows and throw bombs. (Had none):oops:
    trying to dig bedrock. :huh?:
    Jab wars as archer.

and building these:

:castle_wall::ladder:
    :castle_wall:
    :ladder: :castle_wall::ladder:
    :castle_wall:
    :ladder: :castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::ladder:

:rollseyes:

3DAction23 and Blueboy23 like this.
  10. Bunnyninja

Bunnyninja Bison Rider

11. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Yes...I think we all know how much bunnies improved from that building XD

12. Bunnyninja

Bunnyninja Bison Rider

all we bunnies need is hole to live in

Blueboy23 likes this.
  13. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

I remember my first time playing KAG, i would always die mysteriously. I would think "wth!!! why did i die??" Then I found out there were spikes

XyellowX likes this.