1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

First map[Pack] 1.9

My first simple map

1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

PUNK123 submitted a new resource:

First map - My first simple map

Read more about this resource...

Sytoplasma likes this.
  2. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

its shit

j/k

I think for a first map you are showing a lot of promise and skill. You know about shaping the terrain well.

There's not enough stone though.

Can't wait for your next map.

epsilon and Blue_Tiger like this.
  3. PUNK123

Come on man ive added stone 3 times. Also if it helps i have alot of thick stone :C

4. jimster6000

jimster6000 Horde Gibber

noice
    --- Double Post Merged, May 23, 2016, Original Post Date: May 23, 2016 ---
    Good luck with the upcoming maps. :wink::wink::wink:

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The amount you complain about rats you think you'd do something about them. Bedrock at an all time low.

Can definitely see a stone drought coming. Cant dig the stone right under the tent either. Could use some grass. I like the king of the hill design. Not sure how useful the little dirt footholds in front of the flag would be other than being collapse proof. Flag probably too close to the tent (ez defense from respawns). Possibly too much sky, you're gonna be able to cata+knight+chicken over easily enough (though upon testing you cant quite hit the enemy with ballista etc, though you can deny mid pretty hard)

Suggested edit:
    [​IMG]
    • A little bit of decoration in base area.
    • Made the dirt tower at mid into a stone one (less tall un-collapsible part)
    • More dirt sculpting (load it up in-game, dirt transitions dont look v nice without a bit of backwall to break it up.
    • More anti-rat bedrock (at least have to come within 2 tiles of the surface at some points)
    • Trees behind tent (not in the way of base building)
    • A little wider+shorter (more room for base + further to run to save flag)
    • A little more stone (you'd be surprised how fast people chew through it)
    • Gold tweaked - 100 in base + 200 at mid = bomb bolts + 3 tunnels if you dominate the enemy team and take mid all for yourself.

Glad to see people making maps. We need more.

makmoud98, Clev, Blue_Tiger and 5 others like this.
  6. Elf

Elf Bison Rider
    1. A Special Forces [SF#]

What about KAG Classic maps? =)

Attached Files:

7. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

you do?!

I have like a dozen WIP ones, I'll finish them right away

on the map though; pretty much everything what Geti said, you should also look at other maps for reference on how they usually go

PUNK123 likes this.
  8. PUNK123

I never complain about rats. My issue has been giving them a free tunnel that the enemy cant counter. TBH the biggest area i had issues with deciding to utilize was bedrock though :). As for the trees the idea was that they'd be mined with the stone in build time and pulled back. Not as forced as on 4 rivers(where he put the damn tree on the flag) but i figured itd work. Finally for the little dirt footholds i added that based off of syto's suggestion because it made sense to me. The top of the hill is pretty high up and if your team epicly fails at gaining any control of it then it wont be an intsta-gg if you have a little mini-tower to defend. I hoped it wouldnt be an issue because i moved in 2 tiles up already because it was too close to the flag.

9. PUNK123

10. PUNK123

11. PUNK123

12. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

13. PUNK123

Lol ok wouldve been good to know thanks for the info :)

Here's what im working on atm
    Nextmap.png
    still needs trees, maybe grass but i dont like grass, and ill probably toy with mid some more. And ofc stone at spawn
    EDIT: looking at it it is missing hella gold but i g2g ill do that l8r

14. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

why everyone wants all the same design, flat map + hills

15. PUNK123

I dont like gimmicks, fair ground bst ground, most maps that arent mainly flat are shit.

ex Joiken_CTF2.png
    while mid is pretty awesomely built the flags are cancerous to capture leading to stalemate and tunneling shittery :(

Blue_Tiger and Gurin like this.
  16. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

personally i don't like the "flag-on-hill" concept, but not every good map has to be just flat, i love this map for example, not flag but very good imho, not just a normal "hill in middle" map
    MillenniumBell.png
    or this one is pretty good imho (yes, water, i know, but it's not THAT bad)
    Skinney_Bluff.png
    or even
    8x_PorkBuns.png No idea why it's not in the mapcycle. I like interesting maps, they are different and not the same concept. We need some diversity, guys!

Attached Files:

17. PUNK123

generally flat ofc :). The aqueduct one is pretty flat and the other ones are just so holey. That island map is just pretty cancer from my experience but yes some of those examples are pretty damn good. That being said i like maps to be "comfortable" and i find that flatmaps are generally the best for movement. Also i dont personally like the floaty dirt islands of the maps that you have brought out.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  18. PUNK123

19. PUNK123

20. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester