1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

First map[Pack] 1.9

My first simple map

1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Ill wait for further advice but you might be right :(

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Some xenforo bug with resources?

PUNK123 likes this.
  3. PUNK123

Yep, wont let me update for crap :/

Mountain Trail.png

Thoughts on my 2nd map?

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  4. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Compress and upload the *.zip instead of the raw png file, not the best solution I know for sure and probably not that practical, but could help you updating your resource till Furai fixes it -Hopefully?- in the not so distant future.

5. Furai

I'll probably have to upgrade whole plugin at some point. That will have to wait. Till now try some workarounds.

PUNK123 likes this.
  6. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Like I'm no expert, but I surely have bugged Skinney and Geti enough to get an insight on a few tips and tricks.
    1. Put resources generally where you will find it. Create holes in the ground etc to give a lead to where they will be. Skinney is great at showing that in all of his maps.
    2. When finished, load it up in sandbox and run through the map. You generally want to run through the whole map without being 'bumped' or 'stopped' by the edge of blocks. Unless your idea behind the map is large mountains which can be fine in certain situations.
    3. General knowledge, but when making the map think of everything that will happen. "Whatever team takes this big ass mountain in the mid will most likely take over the game" -- In my mind, you always want to give a comeback feature in the terrain, not "win mid win game and spam siege2win".
    4. Make it look nice! Spread grass out, don't spam trees for archer advantage and give plenty of resources but not too much so you're not caring about what resources you lose.
    5. I can't remember correctly, but it's 20 gold per block. So make just enough for siege shop in each side of the map and the rest in the middle part of the map. Doing this allows teams to completely fuck eachother over if the monies :gold_mat: are taken off the other team.
    6. Don't make fucking water under flags, without bedrock. Actually no water near flags.
    7. Don't make flags too close to the tents, barely impossible to obtain if it's too close.
    If that's your map in the overview right now, it's looking nice honestly, I dislike the middle part being so high but that's my personal opinion. It's definitely better than what you came here with.
    As I will say again I'm no expert, but from what I remember from doing it ages ago, there's some tips.

PUNK123 likes this.
  7. PUNK123

PUNK123 updated First map with a new update entry:

Saved as .zip; was originally 7z

Read the rest of this update entry...
    Just tried that. Was not successful.
    TBH most of the changes to that map are geti's :c.

But yea, i knew some of those things just from playing the game and having to deal with the bs.

8. Furai

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    PUNK123, Geti and blackjoker77777 like this.
  9. PUNK123

10. PUNK123

11. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Love it

12. PUNK123

13. PUNK123

14. PUNK123

15. PUNK123

16. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Maps could be more balanced if they had some bedrock near the ground or high levels. Imagine 30 minutes playing in one of these, the drilling would be notorious.

17. PUNK123

I can understand the sentiment but i never got how to correctly utilize bedrock(atm i just trying to stop the giant underground tunneling)

anyway atm im toying around with 2 versions of the same mid and cant decide which to stick with:http://prntscr.com/bed7yi or http://prntscr.com/bed8ij

Clev likes this.
  18. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

19. PUNK123

version4.png
    technically the first one but i changed it so much i cant recognize the old features :C

20. PUNK123