1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

First map[Pack] 1.9

My first simple map

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Heheh, 13 updates;
    Two things to prevent ratters and base to base flying knights with kegs (in case you consider it to be a bs tactic): put get the bedrock closer to the surface at some areas and limit the tiles of gold. You usually put 5 or more golden tiles near the spawn, and at sight, getting 100 gold or more (2 teleporters or a siege shop)

PUNK123 and veronartdoob like this.
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Gold: i added more at spawn cause #blamegeti. Im very impressionable with things i have no idea about :C.
    Bedrock:as i said no idea how to naturally work it around

here is the best i got: Towered Terrain.png

also when i asked for input i was more angling for whether my maps are bad or not :CCCC

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I just can't tell if good or bad, moreover some bad maps are really fun to play.

4. PUNK123

Schrodinger's cat 2.0. Cant play the map so it is both a good and bad map :C

5. PUNK123

6. PUNK123

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Shit theres a lot of these.

Overall: feels like you're working from old files a lot of the time, construct a new file each time to avoid "samey" feeling. Load your map between edits and fix anything that looks janky. You can jump into spec for an easier overview between loads.

I like that even your gimmick map (the flooding one) is perfunctory and sensible and overall these are good enough maps on paper; get em hosted somewhere or host em yourself and start refining. Maps aren't a 1 step process :)

an_obamanation likes this.
  8. PUNK123

Only for afew i swear!!!!
    The first 6-7 was hosted on the only community hosted server left(in the eu). @Coroz called my first several maps ratmaps :C.

9. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

hey yo send me new maps to host in a convo for enchanted ctf and i'll host it no worries

(im wormy)

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Well, take that criticism and run with it - if people think they're "ratmaps" then take the usual anti-ratting technique of some bedrock "checkpoints" that ratters have to surface to get around. A lot of your maps do have a fair bit of dirt to rat in - something I don't mind much but others do.

Having so many maps "in progress" at once makes it a bit hard to keep up with criticism fwiw. I'd keep it to like 3 in a pack, and maybe maintain a "meta-pack" that just aggregates them (either off-site or just as a separate resource).

Presentation could also be improved; having to download the pack to see the files isn't a huge pain, but seeing them as imgur links would also be nice, with maybe some spectator previews of each area / an overview of the major features of each map. Have fun!

11. PUNK123

The ratmap is towards the way mids are setup. I personally like them but players, mainly builders, can control the structure pretty easily for some people's taste. His criticism has nothing to do with tunneling(a rat isnt a just a tunneler you ignorant swine:QQ::rektlord::wink:).

bunnie likes this.
  12. PUNK123

13. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016