1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fixes Galore

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Apr 26, 2012.

1. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

Cool.
    But these are fixes to the bugs that the updates created.
    It would be easier to not make bugs in the first place than to fix them, just saying.

2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

pls don't ban me :(
    </br>--- merged: Apr 26, 2012 6:06 PM ---</br>
    Do you even know why the bugs are created?
    Do you know why they want to code a new engine for kag?
    The engine's code is a mess, it's extremely hard to make a change to one thing without breaking another.
    It'd be easier for you to not be a dick, just saying.

3. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Don't the developers spend their time thinking about how to screw up KAG as they roll out new features?

"We'll give them zombie mode, but lets break how shops work to compensate. Can't let the playerbase get too comfortable"

Fellere825, Hella, Noburu and 14 others like this.
  4. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Cool, hopefully he can fix more more the game. ;3

5. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Just came back from a road trip in London. So lets try KAG and after 30 mins, i wanted to stop....

inactive_account likes this.
  6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Kind of. The reason it hasn't been fixed is that back when knights could bust everything (like >150 days ago now...) this meant that builders could help to breach doors quickly. As for the reason it's in, it just uses the repairing code, and lets you repair either team's doors. Straightforward fix.
    Team doors are rather fragile regardless though. Once we've crunched the list of bugs down to an acceptable number, I'm likely to add a few more balancing vars to try out with the testing team and potentially publicly (once we have a "modded servers" flag to prevent people from getting confused as shit) - fairly radical things like knights not being able to damage any blocks, archers being able to damage more blocks, knights not being able to damage doors, archers having a much longer warm up time, etc etc. Obviously combinations of the above with vanilla settings as well. I think it'll be much easier to approach balancing changes by giving you guys the variables, letting you fiddle with them en-masse, and then incorporating the more balanced changes back into vanilla.
    Leave them out of this.
    Of course. Currently it's just not as high powered as it was, and there's less bouncing (try vs henries, you should notice you get thrown back off them less). We'll keep tweaking but I think these changes have been a step in the right direction - if i have sub-200 ping I generally dont get thrown back 40 odd tiles for no reason, though occasionally in deathmatch there's been some really weird stuff going on with giant pushes and then teleporting to the upper-left corner of the map. Tracking that one down is going to be a bitch, methinks...

I know :) Michal is going to be working on that mostly though while Ryan and I (and potentially ShadTom too, if he's done finals) are going on a bear hunt. I mean bug hunt. (Gonna catch a big one)

Yeah, even the crazy ones are gonna get looked at. Though yeah i agree with that dog.

It'd help if everyone looked at bugs.kag2d.com a little more to at least see what we're dealing with and how bugs are handled. It would hopefully qualm peoples worries a little ;)

Hella, Noburu, acridstone and 12 others like this.
  7. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Love the michael rosen reference you just made. Plus pleased you're taking out the big bad bugs.

8. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Two things:

1. Thanks for the fast fixes and updates. Shield bashing was so annoying. :>:(:
    2. And when exactly will the Overworld Update be? (Hoping its by 2013) :eek: *squirms in chair, waiting impatiently*

9. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

Thanks a lot for adding tons of editable variables in the config files ! I'm having so much fun modifying everything and playing on my server, it made me start playing KAG again, it feels like a new game !

I hope there will be more modding in the future builds : how much the quarters heals, how much materials you receive when cutting trees/mining, builder and knights' damage, bombs and arrows stats, what block each class can destroy (my serv needs explosive arrows !) etc.

THANKS FOR THIS AWESOME GAME ! I can't wait for the next updates :D

SARGRA13, FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  10. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

What about not being able to grab a tree or land safely on ladders when falling?
    Also, I have been expieriencing lag on every server i go on. The netcode needs some serious fixing.

Lastly, the notch jumping is almost impossible. I don't know why but it feels worse then when you first nerfed the bunny hop.
    Sticking to walls when falling is also a bit hardcore. Am I wearing a velcro suit?

SARGRA13 likes this.
  11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

What about taking damage when you land on someone? It seems to hurt you even more than if you had landed on the ground, and it doesn't even stun the enemy if they have their shield up. It's like height isn't even an advantage anymore.

12. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

Yeah, I reported that whole landing on someone problem on Mantis already and apparently MM will take care of it.

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Intentional. Never liked how it allowed/encouraged skybridging or superman archers tbh. Might make it a server var if anyone feels really strongly against it but it doesn't make intuitive sense nor is it a particularly fun mechanic.
    Can you post some images of the network graph while you're lagging? It seems a bunch of servers have been stuttering recently (shows up as the network graph having bigass holes in it and red lines (failed deltas) everywhere) and thus it might not actually be related to the netcode (which, spoilers, hasn't changed for runners for about 200something builds).

Uh, I'm not sure what you mean. Notch jumping works excellently for me except when I'm falling down and trying to start notching.
    The sticking to walls is directly related to how fast you can go in the air before going into stun - any faster and you wouldn't be able to hold the wall reliably.

Also I just realised I responded to a bunch of them, but generally to all of the "WHAT ABOUT THE THING WHERE THIS HAPPENS AND I DONT LIKE IT" - yeah we'll look into it, report it on mantis, bonus points for a video showing how to reproduce, or screenshots. Just because noone's mentioned it in this thread yet doesn't mean we dont know about it or dont care. We've got a whole team of people dedicated to getting those bugs to us in order of priority now, and it's a waste of time to double efforts on the forum.

Kiro: can you start a thread asking for the vars you'd like exposed somewhere else and link it on my profile? I'd like to know what everyone thinks about those vars and in general what else needs exposing while the code to do it is still fresh in my mind.

14. ilaks

I thought it was a good feature. Sad to see it gone. Was really hoping for it to be a bug.

This is what I mean. But also it's really unconsistant, sometimes I'll jump, sometimes I wont. Any fix for that?

15. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

The latter seems to be an issue with lag, similar to the multi-stuns and such that are currently occurring. Afaict.

16. ilaks

That's possible. Also, sometimes the arrows just fly through people without hurting them.
    I guess the hitbox problems might be an lag issue also. If not, that needs some fixing too.

inactive_account likes this.
  17. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

That's more likely a prediction error.

GHOZT likes this.
  18. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

I thought it was lag. It saves me from time to time :).

GHOZT likes this.
  19. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Arrows flying trough people is cause trap bridges.
    They're working on it.

Lets take all bug reporting to mantis as we'll keep repeating ourselves this way.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  20. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

I've played this on Monday and the counter seemed to be pretty much the same...