1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Flags should eventually return while inside a catapult

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by epsilon, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Would you like to see this change implemented?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Sometimes if both teams have taken each other's flags they make a catapult and store the flag in there.
    This shouldn't be a thing since it causes huge stalemates in matches. The flag instead should eventually return back to its base like it does if it's sitting on the ground.
    Yes, I know, this doesn't remove the fact that there can always be a person holding the flag deep withing their base. It may just end these stalemates a bit quicker.

2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I don't think so, it would basically just outright require one person to afk where they might normally put a catapult. That just isn't very fun for the one holding the flag.

3. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

But putting it inside a catapult doesn't seem right. If you could instead bring the flag to your tent and it stays there without returning that would be better (like where the flags used to be in classic). This way would stop people from making an underground bunker with the flag inside a catapult.

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

The flag atop the tent is literally impossible to lose. Also, stopping the catapult from being able to hold the flag would fork up the flag swap and would make that part of the game 5x cancer.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  5. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I dont see that happening offten, and when it does, for me at least, is quite fun and intense, and eventually some team wins.
    If you really think the match is going to last that long you always can vote stalemate/surrender.
    Sorry , but i'm always against proporsals that want to remove a variable in strategy, thus gradually turning Kag's gameplay more and more straight-forward.

Yeti5000, jimmyzoudcba and mcrifel like this.
  6. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Honestly I like the cata idea better. First it's really rare; also it allow's for more intensity and a different set of tactics. I still remember launching the flag to a frontline builder when a few knights was closing in on the cata XD

Mods: Rainbows