1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Floodable Arena CTF map- Atlantis

Discussion in 'Maps' started by SpookySkeletonMan, Jan 8, 2018.

1. SpookySkeletonMan

SpookySkeletonMan Catapult Fodder

Hey! It's Spooky Skeleton here. After playing all those 'experimental' Iko's CTF maps, I wanted to make a more classic map with an interesting spin on it.
    So, I made my map 'Atlantis'! This is a resource heavy CTF map with a large canyon/arena in the center. This is floodable if you know where to mine so it can be played as a siege battle or a naval battle! I also included some cliffs to build your base off of in order to give you solid supports. I don't know exactly how well it would work in action, but I would love to be able to play it on CTF sometime and see! I think it could be fun, so check it out. There is some minor strangeness with the design just because it's my first map but I still think it could be a very interesting KAG experience.

Atlantis.png

2. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Looks really good for your first map, well done ::):

I don't think it will pass map approval though for 2 main reasons
    • Naval maps are almost always massive stalemates unless there is a way to cross the water using land above. For example see the maps TresFlags and Skinney_Bluff. They both have a row of islands above the water. If you don't have this then both teams end up building towers on the edge of the water which are extremely difficult for the other team to assault.
    • Those two ground backwalled floating islands on each side of the map add to the stalemate problem because excessive amounts of ground backwall makes towers very collapse resistant.
    There's also way too much stone and way, way too much gold.
    See if you can tweak it a little to fix these issues. Most server owners I think will be happy to let you test your map on their servers too if you ask them.

Biurza and Asu like this.
  3. SpookySkeletonMan

SpookySkeletonMan Catapult Fodder

Lol I love the KAG emoji in your reply!
    And you're totally right, thank you for the very useful CC- I will make a 2nd draft and post it soon.