1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "Floodgmus" by Magmaus

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Oct 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Looking now I think I overused the caverns underground, I think it needs a bit more of dirt/bedrock to block a bit. Also there is only 3 trees, maybe its not enough. Im not sure about the mid / small dirt towers on each side, I did them so for me it should not be a problem, but idk what the others think. I will say no because I want to add a bit more bedrock and block some of the caves when I get time tho.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 21, 2019, Original Post Date: Oct 20, 2019 ---
    I tried to change a bit, could be worse, could be better, im not sure.
    Added more dirt and bedrock on the caves below.
    Floodgmus v4.png

3. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

This map feels like a tamer Tortuga. I like it, but i think the dirt is still a bit deep, especially under the lake. is unnecessary. It may be a bit difficult to push mid once a tower is up. I would probably think about removing the back flag or pushing it up a bit.

4. Magmus

I am thinking about erasing the cave below the lake and fill that space with bedrock tbh. Could push back flag closer to the first one, maybe making a double flag or putting it above the dirt thing, not sure if its any better.

5. Ferrezinhre

Mag, Floodgmus v4.png no bedrock like this, same like single block of bedrock this thing is cancerous, try do thick block, blobs etc, and flags do like in snatchmark (II) near each other, of course if you want.

6. Magmus

Did some changes based on your feedback, not sure if better like that.
    I was thinking of placing one flag above the second floating thing, but its inside the red barrier. It would be a rush flag, but due to the map design I think it would be fine.
    If you want to do some tweaking feel free to do it!
    Floodgmus v5.png

7. mehwaffle10

I worry about the bedrock spots being good nests for tunnels. I still don't see the point in having so much dirt under the lake.

8. Magmus

Yeah, now that you mention it im not so sure. The idea was to have some underground caves that you could flood no probs, but with the drill spam on everymatch it will become ultra cancer. I will raise the bedrock below the lakes and remove some bedrock spots, move them around a bit. I am a bit busy rn tho, feel free to try to mess with it if you wish waffle!
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 1, 2019, Original Post Date: Oct 29, 2019 ---
    Tried some fast edit. No more cave below the lakes and raised the bedrock there. Messed a bit with the bedrock too.
    Floodgmus.png

9. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I think I like this map. :yes: Should keep revising it though.

To be honest, I like it better with the dirty parts under the lake. I agree that you don't want easily accessible chunky bedrock boulders to put tunnels under. I'd revert the frontmost bedrock clumps to what they were before, or make them smaller The middle ones could be a liiiitle bit smaller or higher maybe?
    upload_2019-11-2_1-48-26.png

My opinion is that the point of having so much dirt under the lake is because otherwise the map is too simple and restrictive. I think maybe if you make the spike parts bigger, it will be harder to dig into the dirt area in the first place and thus harder to get a ratting operation set up.
    upload_2019-11-2_1-53-45.png

The thing I really worry about is actually mid deterioration. I think it's ok to solidify a mid structure like this with some bits of bedrock, because that seems preferable to having to fight through a shitty lake.
    upload_2019-11-2_2-1-12.png

10. Magmus

I agree that it turns kinda simple and basic flat map without the dirt below, but I worry about people drilling on it. I followed your feedback and did this version with some bedrock for deterioration on mid and moved the bedrock below on the dirt below the lake.
    Floodgmus.png

11. mehwaffle10

I wholly disagree i dont think its a basic flatmap with the raised bedrock at all

12. Ferrezinhre

you will do anything with this map or we should end this?

13. Magmus

Im not sure, I would need more feedback to keep fixing the big problems on the map but I think that this was been dragging for too long. If there is a big concern on the map I would be fine fixing it myself or if someone else does, but the thread is kinda dead now, so I guess lets just give the final verdict to not keep this going forever, feel free to do it Ferre :thumbs_up:

14. Ferrezinhre

Rejected. When reworked/fixed make new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.