1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

On Hold "flowers-for-mAchines" by bunnie

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Well, I liked the optional route of ratting in the middle of the giant lake, or going above and fighting on the floating islands, they look fun. Im not a big fan of prebuilt stuff, but this map may need them, or people would probably not even see the floating stuff.
    To be honest, Im up for giving it a chance like a "meme" map and seeing what turns out in the end. We dont have a water map on cycle and boats are never used for they real purpose, maybe this one could change things a bit due to the giant lake.
    Could turn out just being a giant mess and people ignoring to go the above route instead, but I think its worth trying.

3. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I feel like the biggest saving grace for a map like this is that the flags are really far from tent. I do agree that there aren't any boat maps, but that's generally for good reason. Everyone thinks once in a while "wouldn't a boat map be cool" until they realize naval is broken or useless and that water generally is awful to fight in. A combination of sky ratting and a water map doesn't sound fun to me. I agree that it definitely leans into the meme category, which imo isn't for official ctf. That said, most pubs would pick this map in a vote (to my dismay). We also accepted Ferre's lake map that was a combination of a water map and normal ratting instead of a lake map with sky ratting (to be fair though, his lake was much more reasonable and could much more readily be built in because of dirt backwall). My first reaction was a big no, I'd never personally pick to play on this. If ya'll are set on trying it though for a single meme map maybe?