1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Forum donations

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Ryukk

Ryukk Catapult Fodder

It's not at all about the money, but the fact you become a non-donator after a certain period (when you did donate) just makes it seem like this is not at all a donation, but rather a subscription to a service, in which when you no longer pay your subscription your service ends. Now, this is not to say I don't like the idea of incentive to continue to support the forum, but i do believe both can be accomplished at once by doing something like I stated in my previous post.

2. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I see your point... Not sure how best to implement something like that though, because some people won't want that special title - it might actually put them off donating. At least with custom titles its your choice.

3. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Also i noticed spammed groups with one, gay topic(mlp).
    Is someway to resist many same groups?

4. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

Maybe some kind of donator's badge next to the avatar? Badge stays, custom title goes away afte 6 or 12 month.

btw: i guess you could also buy my avatar as advertising space, just make me a good offer. where are you children of rich parents that don't know where to spend their money anymore because they have anything? this is your chance to get an exlusive status symbol!

Shadlington and BlueLuigi like this.
  5. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Not a bad idea. I'll look into doing that.

Anyways, I'm sure you've all noticed now that the groups add-on has been purchased and installed - thanks to everyone who donated! :D
    </br>--- merged: Mar 21, 2012 5:46 PM ---</br>
    Turns out truly private groups (with threads that everyone else can't read) are not a thing yet. Waiting for an update for that - dev says it will be out soon.

illu, UnnamedPlayer and BlueLuigi like this.
  6. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Hey Shad, I would totally support this and donate some, but ya know, we`ve talked a little...I live in Romania... :(

Anyway, good luck with the donations and respect to the donators!

7. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

I'll try to join in as soon as I can, Just don't have a paypal yet nor a credit card. So I'll need to check out how that works exactly. If Payment trough phone would be possible, I could easily chip in.

8. Smokeybacon

Smokeybacon Superdreadnought Donator

You do not need a credit card, just an ordinary debit card, which should be available to even young teens in most countries. Paypal is also free.

Valkyrie likes this.
  9. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I'm barely concerned about custom titles! I donated to donate obviously. (Keep up the good work!) But I also donated for the "other" perks. Those should be very interesting as well.

10. Koolala

Koolala Shopkeep Stealer

To best implement this idea, just add an option to donate where you don't receive any reward or recognition. Then people can donate "just to donate".

11. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

A bit useless no ? You can donate without use extra with. Anyway, I like this system, i'll do a donate soon. :)

12. DUZ

DUZ Horde Gibber Tester

7,242 premiums = $ 72,347
    MM can't "donate" this value?:huh?:

13. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

It's for the game, not the forum and I think the net profit is lower than that.

Eliseus likes this.
  14. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Well, I shall be donating a handie $8 after my Mum get's out of the b*cthy mood she is in I shall have those custom titles, and I say a good job to all of the people that donated.

Harold7 likes this.
  15. knightl

knightl Base Burner

I'll donate as soon as my next check comes in (i spent $500 this week on twinkies!!!)

also a extra perk: We get to choose one of the devs face and have them as a little badge

16. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

*ponders donating all his $$$ to have his username in a marvelously exclusive shade of RED...* :shad: *cough *cough

17. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

hehe

Riletyface, GHOZT and Auri like this.
  18. knightl

knightl Base Burner

Give it 7 days until someone asks Egg how do you become a wench

Eggnogg, GHOZT, Auri and 1 other person like this.
  19. FlyingGroundhog

FlyingGroundhog Shopkeep Stealer

So you have to subscribe? :/ I think a lot more people would do it if it was just a few individual dollars without any strings attached.

GHOZT likes this.
  20. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Yes, but a website once you have made it doesn't support itself, it has strings.