1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Forum donations

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Mar 21, 2012.

1. FlyingGroundhog

FlyingGroundhog Shopkeep Stealer

By strings I meant the subscription side of it. Wouldn't you rather have the option to give a dollar than to give no dollars? I understand that they need constant funding for it but most people would want to just give a dollar or something and not commit to a forum that they barely use and is somewhat arbitrary. :/

GHOZT likes this.
  2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

It's not a subscription, it's a one-off payment, the effects of which will last a given time. After that, if you still want to contribute, you can do it again. If not, then simply don't. Of course, that leaves people who donated once for the sake of donation with no permanent recognition, but I think Bene's idea of having a "Donator" badge will do the trick. :)

3. tur1sta

tur1sta Random snippet here ಠ__ಠ Donator

I don't mind donating to the forums, especially, the community here can be some awesome smartasses, I like it. I do hope a little more something than titles are added like animated avatars or something aesthetic. If not, I am quite happy with the custom titles. I can already see the witty titles coming...oh waits its already here.

$8 isn't really a lot especially if you have to do it once a year.

EDIT: Just posted this and I took a look at my custom title and thought "HA! THAT'S AWESOME!" Luigi, man, funny one. I think the custom titles now speak more about the person ^.^

4. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Suggestions for extra donator perks are very welcome...

I could probably add animated avatars, but I'm not sure that's all that great idea - they're kinda annoying?

5. tur1sta

tur1sta Random snippet here ಠ__ಠ Donator

True, now that I think about it. I'm not found of multi colored text too.....hrmm

How bout thread titles with images? Readers can see the base concept of the thread at first glance, but then somehow my gut tells me its not such a good idea. I need to put this whole thing on the back burner for a bit.

P.S. Curiosity already strikes me. Eggnogg, how do you become a wench?

6. Shadlington

I've just swapped it over to the main kag paypal account - can the next few people that donate let me know if it worked for them or not? I no longer have visibility of successful payments.

7. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

If donators can edit the title of his thread, this would be nice.

8. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

I'm thinking of getting this probably with kebabs. Oh and can you keep changing your title in the period of time you have it for?

9. Shadlington

Yes you can change it as much as you like :)

10. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Personally I think if you donate the custom title idea is genius!!! But to go with earlier arguments maybe a little 5/10 point trophy to there account for donating?? :) god I'm a friggin genius :3

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  11. Shadlington

A trophy is a good idea, thanks :D

GrimWaltz likes this.
  12. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

The rich people getting inforum advantages again :>:(:

What about giving donators also an access to Full Member Forum if they already aren't premium?

13. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Because they're not full members :S

Valkyrie likes this.
  14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Donator ideas:
    Color their titles :)
    Purchasing Likes ;)
    Ability to post more than 4 pictures in a post :>:(:
    A badge for their member page :oops:
    Ability to upload files in conversations/groups :rollseyes:

Just some random ideas :D

15. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I think donators should also receive a bag of Doritos with their purchase, as well as what blue just said, that is to say:
    All that and a bag of chips.

16. dylanduran

dylanduran A Most Extraordinary Gentleman Donator

We're not getting 'advantages' per say. All we're doing is showing our dedication and support for a game we truly love, and would like to see fully developed. You can hardly call a custom title an 'advantage', rather a gimmick instead, a little bonus.

17. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

I'm fine with just helping out the devs, I don't care what we get, its just to help them.

18. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

Love the badge idea. Most people would want one :p. A custom badge or something of that sort. At first people will be like, "nah". But as more and more get them, they will be all: "OMG I FREAKING WANT ONE OF THOSE!"

19. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

KAG is now like kongregate, your social level is now judged by how many badges you have.
    AND EVERYONE HAS ZERO

20. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

True. It shouldn't be something like: "I have that many badges, that means I'm so much awesomer than you derp!" I see it more of as a matter of customization and for collectors. I like the trophy system, because it's just like a cool side thing. It says some things about you and it's generally just fun to collect.

But on the other hand, rewards are always fun. And even if it's "just" for a forum, everyone likes a pat on the head or on the back once in a while. I just see it as a matter of appreciation between KAG, the fellow members, and yourself. :) Of course, some people will abuse the system, but on the other hand, it does give it a notch of fun. Competitive behavior is not something that needs to be encouraged, but giving it a nudge once and a while to support the developers, doesn't hurt. ;)

Sir_Walter likes this.