1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Forum donations

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

tur1sta, SARGRA13, Wonkyth and 3 others like this.
  2. So the next step is adding friend lists and relationship statuses?

illu and Zuboki like this.
  3. Shadlington

Haha fair point, I guess we don't really want to go down that path.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 22, 2012 9:04 PM ---</br>
    Instead of 'fun'/'social' things like that, we could have useful features instead, like:
    http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/
    or even simpler things like:
    http://xenforo.com/community/resources/ignore-whats-new-by-waindigo.139/

Peruse the XF resources and make suggestions :)

4. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

don't ad too much stuff or it gets too ugly. and donators: donation is about giving money without getting something back directly. if you get something anyway be happy and take it or leave it don't cry because you don't get more free stuff.
    i think adding custom user titels and thank-you-points or badge is enough.
    maybe if you want to buy addons for the forum you can somehow make it that people donate for that specific thing and then mention their usernames somewhere. like the park benches that have a little sign on them "this bench was donated by ...". that gives credit to the people who helped out but doesn't make donation into buying premium membership.

5. Shadlington

6. FlyingGroundhog

FlyingGroundhog Shopkeep Stealer

More of what I meant is that you can't donate a random amount of money, I think a lot of people could just donate 50 cents or something. :3

7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

You shouldn't bother with donating under a dollar due to bandwidth costs of transactions. I guess it'd be useful to have something like a slider or more options amounts.

8. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

How about the Premium BB code?! :migrant: Plus, that one is free ;)(I don't have a paypay:( )

9. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Err, this will be frustrating for one didn't donate. I don't like this idea..

10. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

"Err," I at least have Premium so in a way I did donate to the KAG team(or at least helped the developers which is the reason for it all).

11. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Buy the game is not really a donate and this don't explain why you need that. It's about donate here, not premium extra.

12. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

How about people being able to decorate their page?

GrimWaltz likes this.
  13. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

That would be great, and would give it a personal touch.

14. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I for one wouldn't mind the ability to choose from a few patterned backgrounds, to break up the flat colors on lots of the themes (Specifically the flexibility that comes with XenFracture) - nothing like image tiling, haha. I could easily see kouji having an anime avatar with a anime tiled background and other (IMO) ugly backgrounds--not saying I'm do any better, but I prefer patterned backgrounds anyday.

Also, I and quite a few others Had a custom title before it was cool.

GrimWaltz likes this.
  15. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Nah, I wouldn't bother with an anime tiled background it'd be hentai instead (not serious, I think a picture background would be too distracting for me). I guess it'd be a nice perk. If you could. I'll probably donate some time soon as well, I just need to add to my pay pal account (which only takes like a week).

16. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

Anything for you shad :D

17. Anons

Anons Unknown Member Donator

Here you go, have a whole $8! Totally worth it since the game is pretty cheap anyway.

18. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

I thought it was about helping the kag team.

19. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

"buying a game" doesn't equal "donating" :)
    Yes, they do both help the KAG team, but...

As you are given a free game, buying the game, unlocks more bonuses.
    More customizations, Gold servers, more equipment and game modes, ...
    Donating is basically giving money, for nothing in return.

Besides, you're still given a promotion as the game is still in development. You have been given a favor for being able to buy it now for 9.99$ instead of the full price later on.

For example,

I bought premium as a way to thank them for giving me this much fun already. Not only with the game, but on the forum as well. Obviously I could have joined any forum, but honestly, I enjoy this game. I enjoy it's containment and I would like to see how it develops. Hinting on criticism left and right, to help it evolve into an even better game than it already is. And for the 9.99$ it costs, I payed by phone and in €. This means I payed 15€, about 20$. Means double the price, and still, I'm happy I did.
    Besides i'm looking for the paypal thing to donate, and will as soon as I can.

If you want, consider the donation: "buying forum customization stuff".
    But still, this isn't necessary to play the full version of the game.
    Consider it demo Vs full version.
    and the donation being a dlc. ;)

20. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

btw:
    8$/year = 2 ct/day (rounded down)
    5$/0,5 years = 3 ct/day (rounded up)

you can't buy anything for 3 cents where i live. it's the change you get back from buying everyday stuff with its .99 prices. but you don't throw it in the donation box next to the checkout, you transfer it for the whole year or a half year. you'll propably find these 3 ct/day on the street if you look around.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.