1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Forum donations

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Mar 21, 2012.

1. FAITH

FAITH Shark Slayer

i'm pov :(

Creille likes this.
  2. Creille

Creille Base Burner

OMG you did my trophy donating point idea!!!!!! I feel like I have contributed :) :) :D yayayay I have done something that will stay with KAG!!!!!! :)

3. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

Be proud ;)
    </br>--- merged: Mar 27, 2012 7:53 AM ---</br>
    Oh btw, I'll be donating in the weekend prob. :)

4. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Small perk just added: Ribbons under avatars that indicate who is a donator.

illu, tur1sta, Cadbury and 3 others like this.
  5. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Meh if there is a ribbon for staff and ribbon for Donator..Will there be ribbon for Monkeys :P

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The ribbons are very nice and unobtrusive

7. tur1sta

tur1sta Random snippet here ಠ__ಠ Donator

Ribbons!!! I like.

8. Smokeybacon

Smokeybacon Superdreadnought Donator

Postin' to see mah ribbon

Contrary likes this.
  9. GrimWaltz

Tots badass... Can't wait till I have mine!

10. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

I wanna donate but I can't use paypal :(

11. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Don't tell me you don't have a bank account.

We should add some you don't need a creditcard for paypal notice somewhere... Saying this like once a day here.

(if you can use the dutch iDEAL you can use the international paypal for sure)

12. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

I never knew you could use Paypal with a bank account! Holy sh*t a new world is opening its gates lol.

I will try doing that and donating, I hope it works :) :) :) although I do agree that it would be kinda stupid to lose everything after the one year has passed. Just because that year has passed doesn't mean we're not donators anymore. If something is changed in this, I will surely donate :) If not, I'm leaning towards not donating, cuz I would be paying for nothing :p well, donating is a good cause of course, but you get what I mean :p

13. GrimWaltz

Lol, "I would be paying for nothing", guess what, it's called donating. XD

14. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Lol guess what, it's called reading: ''donating is a good cause of course''

On-topic: Hmm I can't get it to work :( It won't synch my name with my bank account ]:

15. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Who are we exactly donation to anyway? Who's the treasurer?

16. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I do agree that donating is donating, but technically you ARE pretty much buying these new features. And I do agree, it should be a one-time thing, since once you donate, you are technically always a donator. Lots of technicality.

17. GrimWaltz

I understand that you would want to these things to stay. But removing them after one year, encourages you to donate again. Honestly, if I would state my selfish opinion, I rather would have the Donator title and the features to stick forever. But we can go two directions from that point.

Either we do that, which makes the positive side: we get to keep our features. But to retaliate, we would only get goodies per update. That would be, once a year...
    Or we could make it a pay every year basis, with frequent updates. But to retaliate, we would lose all features after a year.

If I looked at it, I rather have the second option. As you never know what kind of new playtoy might be added the next time you log on. And waiting a whole year for a bunch of cool stuff... pff. Of course, I believe the system used now, is the best.

We MUST remember that we are donating. NOT buying. Not technically buying either.
    We are GIVING our money to them, for whatever reason, with NOTHING in return. That's donating. As a thank you from their part for donating, we are GIVEN these features to use for a year base only.
    See? We didn't buy the features.

The very first donaters never knew any features were coming out either.
    After donating, you get your "Donator" ribbon and trophy. (the Thropy sticks forever, so yes, you get a "you are a donater forever" proof) That's the visual aspect of what we are given. Others are customizing that little title area.

After a year, you lose your "Donator" ribbon and your customizing ability. But you get to keep your trophy, the proof that you were a donator.

So all in all,
    the system is good as it is.
    and I wouldn't want to see a change in the system, because as it is now, is as it should be.
    We shouldn't be saying spoiled things like "we bought it, we should keep it." That's not the point of donating.

I hope you can understand this.

- GrimWaltz
    </br>--- merged: Mar 29, 2012 12:00 AM ---</br>
    Maybe give us donators a dislike button? :) I'm sure a lot of people would love one. :p I most certainly do!

SARGRA13 likes this.
  18. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Would it hurt them so much to just make the ribbons permanent? I mean I know we're not buying anything, but it doesn't cost them any money so they're not selling anything either. Except for pixels, but those free anyway.

Neat likes this.
  19. GrimWaltz

It's a visual aspect thing again. A ribbon is seen in a few seconds, a trophy takes some time to find. That's why ribbons are only for current donators.

As you can see, it's only a ribbon, but you are asking to keep it. Clearly it's a good eye catcher.
    :p

It also sets you apart from the crowed. Just as Guards and the Devs.

20. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

And that's exactly why we wan't to keep it. Don't you understand? Once a Donator, always a Donator!