1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Forum donations

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

People who made one donation are always considered a donator

So the reasoning is people who donate want at least one permanent thing to tell everyone else that they donated even if only once. Which I think is fair.

BoiiW and masonmistel like this.
  2. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

I don't get this part.
    Edit: Ok, I get it. It just bothers me...

3. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

You hit it spot on the nose, my friend.

4. Neat

See that banner that says "Forum Donator" under your name? That tells everyone you're a donator.

If your yearly or 6 month thingy expires, you're apparently no longer a "forum donator" despite the fact you donated, even if only once. But you're still technically a donator. Most people want to show it off, otherwise banners and such wouldn't exist. It may sound petty but it makes logical sense.

BoiiW and masonmistel like this.
  5. Kurtino

Kurtino Shipwright

The difference being a donator can donate and give as much money as he wants at any time, they aren't limited to this thread. Since this thread offers something for donation, however big or small a title next to your name is, it's drawn people to donate and thus generates money; there would be a lot less donations if there was no offer put down.

Anyone can just turn around and say it's a donation so it doesn't matter what you're getting the fact is your donating but since there is a offer in place for donating people are going to want to discuss what they're getting and what they do/don't like about it.

To be perfectly honest it makes it less of a donation because you're paying for something you want, even if its the status of donating. No matter how small it is its still bringing in money so its all good but if people want to keep the status of Donator, since it only appears once you've donated, you can see why they wouldn't like to lose it after a set period of time and donate just to keep their status.

Ultimately you explained my view in the way the system is working, this entire thread is about getting something back for donating so unless it was a thread that offered nothing and was just asking for donations then fair enough, anyone can donate on their own choice after all.

Big companies do it too; they offer toys or cuddly things, offer your chance to be in a prize drawing, give you a reward after a certain amount, say you'll get letters back from a animal, a person or whatever. It's the incentive to donate so come on, it's not really that hard too grasp. The fact you're wearing that title means that you're joining in and fair enough but if anyone wants to spill out morals and "you should donate because you should be helping them" they can go ahead and donate as much as they like anonymously as well.

6. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

That's exactly what I mean. By the way, I still can't connect paypal to my bank account :( I want to donate, but I can't lol :p anyone knows how this works? I don't have a creditcard.

7. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

According to some friend of mine named Google:
    1. Log in to your PayPal account.
    2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
    3. Click My Money under My Profile.
    4. Click Update next to Debit and Credit Cards.
    5. Click Add another card.
    6. Enter your information.
    7. Click Add another card.
    In dutch:
    Ga als volgt te werk om uw lokale bank aan uw PayPal-rekening toe te voegen:
    1. Log in op uw PayPal-rekening.
    2. Klik op de subtab Profiel.
    3. Klik in de kolom Financiƫle informatie op Bankrekeningen.
    4. Als u al een bankrekening heeft toegevoegd, dient u op de knop Toevoegen te klikken. Als u dit nog niet gedaan heeft, klikt u op Nederland onder Land.
    5. Voer uw naam precies zo in als deze wordt weergegeven op uw bankafschrift (bijvoorbeeld: Als u Jan-Paul de Vries heet en uw bankrekening op naam van J.P. de Vries staat, voert u 'J P' als voornaam in. Gebruik geen punten).
    6. Klik op Doorgaan.
    7. Controleer de bevestigingspagina en klik op de knop Bankrekening toevoegen (Klik op Bewerken om wijzigingen te maken)

trelawney likes this.
  8. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Yea, that's Google. I know how to do it, he just doesn't find my bank account.

9. Downburst

he doesn't have to find yours, you just fill in the info.

trelawney likes this.
  10. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

I did and he says my bank account can't be found. It's a normal, legitimate bank account in the Netherlands, nothing weird about it.

11. Downburst

Weird, works for my ING account.

trelawney likes this.
  12. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Yea I got ING too :( Well I will try again later then...

13. Downburst

Make sure you select Giro if you have a number that's 7 numbers

trelawney likes this.
  14. PrisonMax

PrisonMax King Arthur's Cake Donator

Woosh, donated :)

Downburst likes this.
  15. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

More skulls to add to the Skull Throne interesting. :skull:

16. martin2000h

martin2000h Builder Stabber

Ummm... I think i'll look for it.

17. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

step 1. i donate
    step 2. i get something
    .. this is buying not donating

18. Neat

It's still donating. The perks you get are just incentives.

SARGRA13 and Ghozt like this.
  19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Is this argument still going?

Fwiw I think that the donator banner shouldn't expire. Seems simpler and less likely to cause argument or dissatisfaction.

Miauw62, Neat, BoiiW and 2 others like this.
  20. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

And thanks for reading the previous posts. This was not about that. It was about the fact that with an expiring banner, it seemed like you were no longer a donator, but only for six months. In other words: There should be either no banners or permanent banners. And since the first option can no longer be fullfilled, the second is the only one left.