1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Framedrops/Lag

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Pizza, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

Hello.
    When i play kag, i get framedrops, or maybe it's lag. Im not really into that stuf so im not sure.
    The strange thing is, im from the Netherlands in Europe. My ping most of the time isn't that bad. So could there be an other reason of why i have this much lag/framedrops?

This is my hardware:
    grapical card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
    Processor:
    Intel (R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 267GHz
    ( it says i have 4 of em, i think this means i got a quad core processor. I do not think i have 4 seperate processors )

Im not sure how much RAM i have, i thought it was 4 Gb of ram.
    Im not really into hardware and such, so maybe i did something wrong while typing this. If so please tell me.

Is this enough information to know if my pc can/can't handle kag? I think it should run kag, but i get low ingame perferomance.

2. Pizza

Its a desktop, also im running wondows 7 32 bit. I forgot to tell that.

3. Pizza

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There is 1 thing i forgot, when im playing kag i mostly have youtube open to play a song.

4. Pizza

Ah, i will update it and then try to play kag. Will post the results here asap! Thanks for helping me btw!

5. EdgeWing

EdgeWing Shopkeep Stealer

Np :) +1 Like for helping would be nice :P

Pizza likes this.
  6. Pizza

Here you go, 2 of em. Im now going to try kag with the flash update, brb.
    Mm still laggy, i think it just is the kag code. Is this possible? Since not everyone has this lag, i think that is odd. Oh bye the way, ive always had lag problems but the last build brought extreme problems. At some points its unplayable.

7. EdgeWing

hmmm i would send a message to MM or a Moderator i would help more if i was staff

8. Pizza

Ah i will try to contact them somehow. maybe they know what to do. thanks for your time! :)

9. EdgeWing

Np , Any time i will help when ever you need it

10. Pizza

Thanks man.

11. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

does it happen on all servers? I have noticed that some servers lag right now, presumably because of raised RAM usage. Try several different servers :rollseyes:

Edit: try the tutorials too, see if it jitters

12. Pizza

I have it at much servers, that is for sure. Some servers are way laggy-er than other servers for sure. Im going to check my internet connection, I have had problems with that before.

13. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

It's a kind of a "known issue" since Build 200 http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/build-200-released.1774/page-4#post-27963 (read post #63 onwards) , it has nothing to do with how well your CPU performs, your GPU card, adobe flash, and/or screenshots of process managers. EdgeWing is trying too hard to help but ends up botching things up. Nobody likes an eager beaver.

Pizza likes this.
  14. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

At (not so) random:

Trelawney: Member Since: Sep 3, 2011 Messages: 144
    dnmr: Member Since: Sep 3, 2011 Messages: 49
    Pizza: Member Since: Sep 3, 2011 Messages: 48
    Edgewing: Member Since: Oct 28, 2011 Messages: 123

15. Pizza

Thanks for telling me this! So im not the only one. :) Then i'd think that given enough time, MM and Geti will eventually fix this bug. Thanks for pointing this out!