1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Free For All (5 Teams)

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by BlueLuigi, Dec 18, 2011.

1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This is a simple edit, the colors and all of that were not touched by me, they were already ingame. This is basically Duel/RDM edited for 5 teams, there is nothing special about this, but feel free to check it out to see how 5 teams are added and how it works.

Either put it in Base/Rules/FFA or rename the appropriate files. Team color files have no bearing at all on the actual color they will come out to. There is not necessarily a limit of 5 teams, it is simply what I tested, you could copy team5.cfg and rename it team6.cfg, add it in gamemode.cfg as a reference up top and you will have another team. I have not tested how far it goes.

Who 'wins' is extremely broken. Currently the highest number team automatically wins unless they were the ones to lose all their lives first.

Gold wins if Blue or Red or Purple or Green all die.
    Purple wins if Gold all die.
    No one else ever wins.

Therefore this is mostly a proof of concept, feel free to change to play around yourself.

Clarification as I've heard it: I'm not a 'genius' for making this, I didn't make anything, I added more teams to test, it worked, I was happy, it was fun.

Attached Files:

• FFA.zip
      File size:
      3.8 KB
      Views:
    goodyman8, trelawney, Rayne and 4 others like this.
  2. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

Wait, what? Didn't even know this was possible. Nice

3. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I hope someone will host a server with this.

4. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

I played this a few days ago. ( Strange since you uploaded this today. :p) But to be honest, it wasnt fun. It was 1 vs 1 vs 2 vs 2 vs 6.

5. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

you probably need a server with more ppl for fun.

6. Pizza

Could be, but what i was trying to say is that the teams were very unbalanced. Maybe turn some auto balance on? I know its annoying when it swaps you, but better as 1 vs 6.

7. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

The Green knight always triumphs!
    But yeah, the ganging up was pretty bad, I had to start swapping their teams for them, because they wouldn't listen.

Pizza likes this.
  8. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Luigi, hopefully this get's put on your server. :D

9. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

It was already on it, and I'm pretty sure luigi wants to be able to place spawns for the new teams before he hosts it again.
    When we can set the spawns, we're thinking of a 5-team gold hunt mode ;)

10. Pizza

That sounds cool, a gold rush match between 5 teams. I would like to try that. :D

BlueLuigi and sj67 like this.
  11. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

So would I. :D

12. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

Lol I said that you were a genius..No you are brilliant =D I really enjoyed this game mode !

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yea, right now all extra teams spawn in the middle as teams without a tent do. Also if I turn on autobalance, it works but... it makes switching teams a bit hard, I will try it witha longer suicide time and see how it works out -as well as making lives unlimited since it seems that does not matter, you cannot win properly this way-

14. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Oh wow, I never really considered a gamemode like this. The possibilities!

I'd love to see squad matches; teams of 2. This way the majority of players would have to defend from both sides. Hopefully we get better rules config support in the next build or so.

BlueLuigi and Foxodi like this.
  15. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I'm sad, I looked and it wasn't up, wanted to see the colors
    It sounds like you could host a 3 team map pretty easy though

16. Jezntof

Jezntof Shipwright

I want to play this gamemode but Each time they spawn in sky and die :( Any fix?

17. Since other teams don't get spawn tents there isn't a good way. Map structure would fix it slightly. A giant mountain in the middle. But every team but blue and red would spawn on the mtn. Outposts are good

18. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Pretty much this. Nothing else we can do. Its up to the devs at this point.

nightcrala09 and BlueLuigi like this.
  19. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I dunno, you could just have it so that everyone spawns atop a mountain, or something. Could make a FFA map which takes place on top of a roof?

20. Check out Evil Pumpkin's Box Arena server.

inactive_account likes this.