1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fresh Air

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Akinaro, Jun 14, 2014.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

:-*

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maybe something new rather than refreshed ones? ;D

2. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

Hey, nice to see you Akinaro :)
    And yeah, that does look cute like all of your work, looks indeed better in my opinion!

PS: Maybe you can catch us on IRC later

I think this should be posted in Forum & Wiki though :-X

3. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

oh yeah... wiki, I forgot about it :]
    And I didn't saw that section down below :P

PS I would be happy to get few characters like on forum logo :] in good resolution, It would be nice addon for logos that I'm doing right now...

4. Roland

Roland THD Team THD Team Administrator Forum Moderator

Welcome to the Storm2D Forums, Akinaro :) Those logos look amazing! :O
    VirtualTT has recommended you and I see why - you have some great talent. I'll have to talk with Skykanden (our artist), but I'd love to use these on the forums, wiki, facebook page etc. About the characters Skykanden used all the body parts as separate images and made that player for the logo outside of the game. All these body parts are available from <your storm directory>\core\media\images\appearances. You just need to join them together (head,chest,hips, arms,forearms,hands,legs,calves and feet)

5. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

I think for now no one need new graphic, so I'm not gonna do anything else. Here are just graphic from yesterday that I made after refreshed original ones, Its nothing big but maybe someone like to use them in other project(could provide gimp or PS files if needed).

As I said darDar in mail, I would wait for new map editor and maybe I would draw few projects for game :]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. AL

AL THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I must agree; very impressive indeed. I bid you another warm welcome to the forums.

Also, not sure what that Forum & Wiki suggestion section is doing down there. I'll probably change it to a subforum of the general suggestions forum and move this topic later.

7. Roland

Used one of your images for the updater/installer. Hope that's ok :)
    [​IMG]

8. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

I think text is too big, maybe something like this?

[​IMG]

9. Roland

Looks good :) I was also just using the default java scheme for buttons, if you have any ideas for them. I'll probably also rename the start button to "Start Installation" or "Start Update" depending on whether they are installing the game for the first time or updating.

If you can give me the background image (or just combine the background with the logos) I can put it in. Also I should add logo design by Akinaro on the bottom right or something.

EDIT: Current resolution for updater is 708x300

10. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

res is for window or image?

11. Roland

Hmm, the window. But I can resize it to fit the image properly. Also the resolution can be changed a bit, that's just what it is currently.

12. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can index all images but it change size from 106KB to 92KB so its not big difference.

13. Roland

Awesome! thanks I'll add it tonight. :)

14. Roland

Mostly done :) Could you add a "Start Install" image same as the "Start Update" one?

And at the the end of the application when you finish, could you do the same thing with these buttons? :)
    http://prntscr.com/3tqw0o "Changelog" "Play" and "Finish" (when 'Run Storm2D' is not checked)

15. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

16. Roland

Thanks! :)

17. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

if you need more help(any graphic related) give me a call, its good for my portfolio xD :P

For now I cant make any map(because that white screen of death), and beside I wait for your PolyWork, but I can modify my old maps from soldat: Bridge Infinity Ash remake

I think Storm is too dynamic for such maps, but its nothing hard to change them...

18. Roland

:) I'll let you know. Maybe you'll have more ideas on what can be improved graphics-wise once you can play the game properly.

The maps look really good. I like the night theme ctf ash as well :) I'd love to use them as official Storm2D maps. Yeah you might need to change them a bit to make them feel better with Storm2D movement, not sure (I haven't tried them.)

Storm2D Polyworks: Very similar to original polyworks, just with an extra destructible polygon setting in the properties window, higher resolution and a way to scale up/down all scenery by 200%/50%. Let me know if you have any issues with it. Note that the scenery and textures folders are located in Storm2D/core/media. Keep a copy of anything you save because any of your files in the core directory will be removed when you update.
    http://www.storm2d.net/polyworks/

19. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

I think game should to stick to one style, so if update use this style other should also use it.
    If someone could give me screens/images of all interface one weekend and I could made interface in this style.
    And few more day and maybe I could create few versions of it.

For example quick loading screen using existing graphic, nothing amazing but who need something more?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

...Or maybe more "advanced" screen? like blurred background of menu/map that slowly is showing content? Something like Half-Life 2 have?

I would need to see current interface to create new graphic, because sticking to just this one that I created/refreshed is a bit bad :/

20. Roland

Loading bar looks really nice, I like the left one (the right will require multiple images for the circle animation)
    Maybe the "Storm 2D" logo at the top could be larger and lower down, quite close to the bar, and then move everything up to the centre? just my opinion.

I'll take some screenshots of the game soon.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97