1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fresh Air

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Akinaro, Jun 14, 2014.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

I was thinking about loading bar that move from center(logo)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Roland

Roland THD Team THD Team Administrator Forum Moderator

Looks really good! I'll add it soon. So like this?
    [ ]
    [ || ]
    [ |||| ]
    [ |||||| ]
    [ |||||||| ]
    [||||||||||]
    ?

3. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

4. Roland

OK, cool. I can only update the loading bar in chunks so it won't be as smooth as that, but should still work alright.

5. Roland

Could you also make a 1366x768 version of
    [​IMG]
    I guess just extending the background gradient is fine, the loading bar and logo could stay the same size? up to you.

6. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

click two times for source png, because first version is jpg

7. Roland

8. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I was thinking that this logo in the middle of the loading bar once the loading finishes could expand to fullscreen and fade out - so it would create nice transition.

9. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

Or small dude that show off on the left site of screen and shoot that logo(like polygon) and zoom to middle of it where main screen is.
    It would be small intro that show not only character nu weapon and destruction xD
    And maybe you could made few random animation of weapon that make hole in logo, so everytime you load game you could see different animation. It would be very quick: loading, character jump on left site of loading bar, aim at logo and shoot. Then zoom to center and menu.

Maybe tomorrow im gonna make animation with it.

10. Roland

11. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

Stll I would be happy to get all GUI and menu images :]

12. Roland

NB some things, like the layout of the main menu(3-layer style) I am reluctant to change for the moment. On the other hand, the esc menu / change team menu could do with a complete redesign.

[img width=400]http://i.imgur.com/Vs8q5Sg.png[/img]
    [img width=400]http://i.imgur.com/ECdzKZB.png[/img]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

thx! I'm gonna work on buttons and maybe upper bar(but nothing big, Maybe some details and colors), Im not gonna play with menu structure because I know that I would need more work, so for now I would focus just on current look.

I see that there is loots of different icons style, I thing game should stick to one main style so it would be better for overall look of the game.
    It take 2-3 days to make first version but after that Its gonna be easier to prepare another one.

PS. I like that menu btw :D I mean that menu structure :]

14. Roland

Thanks :) Glad you like the menu. Skykanden used a "blue" theme over the entire game, so yeah maybe we want to switch to red to fit with the updater and loading bar, although idk, for the main menu the blue looks good to me. Buttons definitely could look better. Did you have any ideas about the esc/change team menus? really I think we need a complete redesign for those two.

15. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

Yes, I have few ideas, but nothing spectacular, because I don't think that menu need some major redesign, only few small changes(buttons, smaller details etc) because for me overall style of menu is very good.

I'm gonna start from first screen, and change what I think need changing, and then I would upload it here. After that we gonna see what you like and what need another redesign :]

PS. about that animated small "intro", it would take some time, and I dont have weapons/character animations so I'll leave it for later.

16. Roland

Great :) Looking forward.

Cool, yeah that's fine.

17. MM

MM Guest

Hey Akinaro,
    Just wanna say I really like what you're doing here.
    The modern gradient and sharp edges with semi-pixel style of the font works great imo: http://postimg.org/image/84e1t82hx/

18. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

I didn't had too much free time for past few days, but I'm working on all icons and menu to fit first style version. And because now I dont have problem with white screen, I can check all graphics in actual game.

I'm trying to not to use too much this boxes, too much is bad idea and for now, im sticking to one color style, but after this first version its nothing hard to change them to something different.

For now:
    I changed background to blurred one, its look way better.
    Changed logo to this square one, but I think I'm gonna change it to first logo.
    Added different header
    Different start button.
    Changed game mode info window.

[​IMG]

Beside I finished bunch of other icons and graphic from different sections of menu/GUI.

19. Roland

:O I really like it! the buttons + secondary button background are excellent and the blurred background brings the interface out a lot better. Yeah not sure about the logo, possibly could we have that one on top of the circular one somehow? (maybe have the circular one behind it but a bit further down, not sure if this will work). The logo fits in really well where you put it though. The gamemode info / caps / time limit etc window looks really good. I don't really like the < Capture The Flag > left right buttons, same with on the bot team (I know they were like that before, just I think they could be better - I don't think we should use the <> characters)

20. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

yeah, that <> are a bit "out of story" but I didnt had idea for that.
    And still I'm thinking where to putt original logo, and I have few ideas for that. but it take some time, because lately I dont have much free time :/

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97