1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Galen's Soul (SYTO's thread [Fine, "Philosophy Thread"])

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sytoplasma, Nov 5, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Clearly yours, my dear @Galen . It has big writing on it and everything. Others users, feel free to post images of Galen's soul, or your soul! You must post your soul to participate in philosophical banter. This will help to server as an introduction of sorts, as well a humorous aspect of this commandeered thread that I can come back to laugh at.
    [​IMG]

//EDIT by FBB: Thread has been hijacked by mutual consensus and is now a place for heady ponderings and excessive amounts of tea. Please take particular care to remain on-topic, or at least care to avoid veering wildly off-topic for no good reason. Rule breakers will be philosophized.

"You must post your soul to participate in philosophical banter." ^

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    PUNK123 likes this.
  2. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

My soul has already been taken, sorry. Not for sale.

J-man2003 and PUNK123 like this.
  3. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

[​IMG]
    Gurin thank you for this beauty your soul is very useful for entertainment

icemusher likes this.
  4. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I think you're confused. I clearly have no soul.

5. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I don't think I can post a pic of Galen or Gurin's soul, cuz they both don't have one :rekt: :thumbs_up::B)::flex:

Ozminer and dual_chiecken like this.
  6. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

icemusher and J-man2003 like this.
  7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I'd show you my soul, but then you'd all look confused while I fall about laughing.

#theologianjokes

Dargona1018 likes this.
  8. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

*Galen's forum fandom slowly increases*

Superblackcat likes this.
  9. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

FBB sure you have a soul? :huh?: :wink: 78787878 :B): :skull: !!!:uhh:*jk* :bison:

10. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Confusion.
    Why does the archer have a keg?
    And the knight have a bomb arrow?
    And how the hell can I rock a top hat and monocle like that?
    Do tell.

icemusher likes this.
  11. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

How would I know? It's your soul.

icemusher likes this.
  12. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I keep Galen's soul in a small box at the bottom of my sock draw for the time when it is needed most. I bought it for 10 European Merkelmarks, pretty extortionate for the shrivelled and dry product that I received.

icemusher likes this.
  13. Galen ginger confirmed

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The soul is that part of the composite related to the will and intellect, so by posting I demonstrate a soul and my ownership thereof.

(Yes, theologian jokes are generally terrible. And yes, like chemist jokes, it is perpetually the case that all the good ones argon.)

15. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

FluffyAquaCount, don't do theologian jokes and I won't do pun jokes worse than that over there on the far left.

16. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

so your saying theologian and chemist jokes are generally noble and have a very low condensation temperature? great. Most of my jokes are Iron XD, never gets across to the people I'm telling them to.

EDIT: Theology and Chemistry are arguably competing subjects, makes no sense to post of the both of them.

17. FuzzyBlueBaron

Bring your worst, sir. I'll wager you won't be able to make me go all culinarily Egyptian on you.
    Haha.
    Competing? What is this nonsense. If anything they're complimentary, my dear Watson!

Chemistry, as one of the sciences, deals with the temporal interacting with that with is also temporal; theology deals with the eternal interacting with that which is also eternal and/or temporal. Both are children of philosophy, the difference being merely that they are grown along differing branches.

18. Hella

Assuming you're posting that of your own free will and/or intellect, and there is a distinction between a material and an immaterial element within the composite, as opposed to a to a pure material/immaterial existence.

Also assuming we're not all imagined by Galen's solipsist self to create maximum self-loathing.

edit: for any response to this, I hereby refer you to @SAcptm

19. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

If you were to ask a very dedicated priest if he liked chemistry, he would probably say no, and that he despises of it, and that's why I think they're competing subjects, and as for theology the many things of it are temporal and eternal, though mostly eternal as any theologian would say, (ex. "god is eternal", "life is eternal".)

Though scientifically and obviously chemistry is never eternal, or at least the interactions that are described in the subject are never eternal and only temporal.

I love bringing out my true form on the internet.

20. Hella

Wait a second, J-man, why would he say he despises it? The world we live in is physical, indisputably so from a theological perspective. Chemistry is studying said material world, and, on the whole, has no qualms about the state of the immortal soul; theology and chemistry don't generally overlap in a way that will a cause a reasoning religious person to outright despise it.

If anything, they can totally get on together, especially when you consider that a theologian does not need to be Christian, or, in fact, religious at all, in order to be a theologian. Theology is "the study of the nature of God and religious belief", and chemistry is "the branch of science concerned with the substances of which matter is composed, the investigation of their properties and reactions, and the use of such reactions to form new substances".

Sciences aren't necessarily contrary to religious beliefs, and they can, and definitely should, go hand in hand.

NinjaCell and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi