1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game Sales for all!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Wonkyth, Nov 14, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Humble Bundle's sale is good if you don't own those indie games. Has risk of rain, super meat boy, world of good and a few other classic indies this week!

Chukka likes this.
  2. Thanks man, definitely snagged that one :^)

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  4. wasn't G2A 99% a scam?

BlueLuigi likes this.
  5. BlueLuigi

@FuzzyBlueBaron liked it so I'll leave it to his discretion but that link is advertising, and while G2A isn't strictly a scam they do indeed do very scammy stuff. Their prices are pretty okay and allow the person suggesting to make a little bit of money, the problem comes in with how they get their games, they don't care how, and sometimes they'll sell you 'protection' but that costs extra and basically just ensures they don't double sale or it doesn't get blocked because it was stolen, or rather that in such a case you will get another key (MAYBE who knows, they'll probably hassle out the process to the point it's not worth that little bit of money you saved though). That's really where sites like this one run into issues.

Also the link posted is directly a link for @giggiggiggiggig to make money off of, I'm going to at the very least edit it out with the direct link.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I must confess I am guilty of liking it simply bc 'adding another option to the pile', not bc I was actually aware of what G2A is and how it operates. I've just done a spot of research and tbh I'm rather uncomfortable with including any grey market resellers in the mix. I'll defer to your experience in these things, @BlueLuigi (i.e. feel free to change/revert if necessary), but for the moment I've removed the link to G2A and would request that people not link grey market sites in future.

An article on the issue that seemed like a decent jumping off point (is Polygon, but w/e): http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/9/800...ose-mysteriously-cheap-gray-market-game-codes

BlueLuigi likes this.
  7. giggiggiggiggig

giggiggiggiggig Bison Rider

Yikes! sorry guys didn't mean to be such a hassle. I'll just go and delete my messages. Didn't even realize how sketchy g2a was.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  8. BlueLuigi

Consider adding to the main page
    https://isthereanydeal.com/#/
    Checks for bundles/deals on almost every website that offers them, runs stats on said games and also tells you if what you're buying will be redeemable on steam or DRM-free, allows you to sync your steam wishlist to their 'waitlist' to check for games to hit a certain price range as well and then notify you via email. Pretty useful even if you just want to keep up on bundles to be honest.

Furthermore here's a good SEGA freebie going on http://www.makewarnotlove.com/results.php
    Today's freebies: Streets of Rage 2, Binary Domain, Condemned
    Tomorrow: Gunstar Heroes, Renegade Ops, Viking: Battle for Asgard

Gunstar Heroes is one of my faves can't wait to play it again. In a way I wish these retro steam titles has achievements so I'd have a bit more motivation to just play them there instead of on handheld emulator.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

Nice. Thanks, Blue. :) Also, added your link to Wonk's OP.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  10. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Need for Speed: Most Wanted is free on Origin right now, if you grab it before that ends, it's forever yours.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  11. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

The Escapists and AVGN adventures are on sale on steam for 2.49 (AVGN) and 6.11 (Escapists) if you want to buy those.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  12. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

30% off on any game on Origin (excluding Star Wars) with 'ORIGIN30' as promo code. Ends the 31th.

Kazaco97 and Joiken like this.
  13. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Got Unravel for 14 bucks. Not bad, not bad at all.

14. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Skullgirls
    XDD6I-4A7JA-F505Z
    Sir, You Are Being Hunted
    F009J-AW8A4-TVZK9
    Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition
    HPLLW-87K9P-LA95B
    Lethal League
    MY9FE-W3LIB-A2B89

15. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

FuzzyBlueBaron and epsilon like this.
  16. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Devolver Digital is having a weekend sale on steam right now up 90% on some games! :heart:
    So if you happen to miss games like Hotline Miami 1 and 2, Titan Souls and many others now is the time to grab them for around £3 each :smug:

mcrifel, Biurza and an_obamanation like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi