1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game Sales for all!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Wonkyth, Nov 14, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Seems GamersGate is officially buzzing in on bundles! :P
    Check out the Indie Fort Bundle now, folks! :D

Beef and Bene like this.
  2. VinnieTheJacket

VinnieTheJacket Shipwright

Fallout 1 is free for 48 hours on gog.com
    Balls yes. >.<

Ryu and Noburu like this.
  3. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Worth it for Kenshi alone, sold.

Blackmarket, devils whiskey, and Wanderlust all look decent too!

4. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Wonkyth likes this.
  5. Wonkyth

Okay, we got some good ones rolling! :D
    Starting with Steam, we've got two bundles!
    From Holland With Love - Coming in at $9.99 USD, this pack includes:
    • Diamond Dan - An interesting puzzle game in a semi-3D environment which is always changing. Worth a look. ;) (Haven't played, so cant comment)
    • EDGE - One of my top-ten games of twenty-11, this game is kinda hard to describe! I mean, it LOOKS like a weird game where you roll a cube around, but it goes FAR deeper than that. Get it (or the demo) and see for yourself! :D
    • Greed Corp - a lighthearted turn-based-strategy game laid out on columns of hexagons. The twist comes when you have to DESTROY tiles to gain currency! Good for killing time with a friend. :)
    • RUSH - More rolling cubes, but in a completely different way. This game involves laying down command-tiles to direct streams of rolling cubes into their colour-coded exits. While it is fairly easy, and isn't particularly mind-blowing (unlike EDGE OMG! ^_^ ), it did manage to not put me to sleep, unlike so many other casual puzzle games. So if that's the genre you're after, or you think you want something a little easier on the brain, then this is a good suggestion. ;)
    • Serious Sam: The Random Encounter - A Serious Sam tie-in by the famous Vlambeer! In classic Vlambeer form, this game is a unique and stylish cocktail of mechanics which creates a feeling similar to eating a Chip & Chocolate Sandwich: you've never had anything like it, and it takes you a while to get over the thrill of a fresh flavour before you can even get down to just enjoying it! :p
    • Swords and Soldiers HD - This game makes you feel like you're playing one of those awesome 2D flash strategy games on Kongregate, but with enough steroids to kill a horse! Has plenty of charm, and the gameplay can hold it's own, too. :)
    • Toki Tori - While I understand that this game has won awards, and was successful enough that Two Tribes is developing a sequel, this game never did anything for me. D: Heck, I didn't even like it back when it was on the Game Boy Colour! :/ That said, other people seem to like it, so maybe you will too. :) (Wish they'd make an EDGE 2 instead D: )
    Next, there is the Indie Adventure Pack!
    This one's simple: If you're into adventure games (like I am :D ), then you'll love every single one of these. If there's one you haven't played, then now's a good time to get it, with the whole pack weighing at $9.99 USD.:D

Also, the Mount & Blade Collection is 75% off on GamersGate at the moment. :D

For all of those with consoles, I hope you're enjoying Skullgirls, The Splatters and Fez. D:

Noburu and VinnieTheJacket like this.
  6. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

Can't really call it a "sale" bacause it's for free: Puppy Games is having birthday and you get their games with the discount-code BIRTHDAYBOY
    http://www.puppygames.net/
    but at the moment it looks like they have trouble with their server

edit: if you have good timing and stop the page from loading at the right moment, you'll still be able to place an order

7. Wonkyth

The weekly Rock Paper Shotgun Bargain-Bucket is in, and it's got a few things worth looking at. ;)
    Some of the stuff's already been mentioned here, but it's still worth a look!

8. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Noburu and Wonkyth like this.
  9. Wonkyth

New Indie Royale.
    Unstoppable Gorg - for: steam (pc and mac), windows, desura
    Depths of Peril - for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
    Tobe's Vertical Adventure - for: steam (pc)
    Inferno+ - for: windows, mac, desura
    Slydris - for: windows, mac, desura
    Ballistic - for: windows, mac, desura
    </br>--- merged: Apr 19, 2012 5:06 PM ---</br>
    A new Humble Bundle has launched!
    This one's got FRICKING AWESOME GAMES from Amanita Design!
    If you STILL haven't played Machinarium, now's the chance to quitely pick it up to hide your shame!
    The included games are:
    Botanicula
    Machinarium
    Samorost 2
    Kooky
    Windosill

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this is kinda part of the official launch for Botanicula! :D

10. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Nice even thought I have half of them already I will have to get this bundle!

11. Wonkyth

12. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

Magicka Collection (that includes all many DLCs) for 4.99 € (instead of 19.99) http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/strategy/magicka-collection/
    You get a single steam key (it's not necessary to download their own client capsule, just activate the code in steam)

Wonkyth I hope this is ok to post. If not, just delete it:
    If you have no account at Greenmangaming please use my referal link to sign up. The clou is that I and the person who uses the link each get 2€ credit after buying a game for 2€ or more.
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=cazojobu

Edit:
    Sorry, it is not all DLCs but quite a lot:
    Magicka Vietnam, Magicka Wizard Survival Kit, Magicka Caverns and Marshlands, Magicka Nippon, Magicka Final Frontier, Magicka Frozen Lake, Magicka Watch Tower, Magicka Robe Bundle

There's even more, this game has quite a lot of DLC
    </br>--- merged: May 16, 2012 7:35 PM ---</br>
    Indie Roayle All Charity Bundle: http://www.indieroyale.com/
    with Osmos, B.U.T.T.O.N, The Shivah and Blueberry Garden. The funds go to Amnesty International, Eloctronic Frontier Foundation, actionaid and Unicef.
    Who wants my Osmos key (steam)?

Wonkyth and Noburu like this.
  13. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Wonkyth and trelawney like this.
  14. Wonkyth

Also the Bundle In A Box!
    To boot it off, this bundle contains a selection of the best adventure games money can buy!
    In addition to donating to charity (Instead of the usual EFF/Childsplay, its To Perivolaki), these guys have another thing going:
    For every 15000 bundles sold, they'll put aside $2000. Afterwards, buyers will vote, and it will all be given to an indie developer to help them get their games on the digital table! :)

15. PenultimatePanda

PenultimatePanda Shipwright

Hey,
    The Bundle In A Box is good but for all of you who can't seem to keep on top of all the bundles Groupee just announced their newest bundle the Build A Bundle Bundle. I think Monday June the 4th is the last day you can buy this bundle but I might be off by a day.

the bundle- http://indiegames.com/2012/05/groupees_launches_pay-what-you.html
    indiegames article about it- http://indiegames.com/2012/05/groupees_launches_pay-what-you.html

Instead of having to buy every game you select just the ones you want and it changes the minimum price accordingly.
    For just one game the minimum price is $1 but the price per game drops as you buy more.
    For all 12 games the minimum price is $9.

I haven't read through this whole thread so I don't know if this has come up but this blog is a good way to follow bundles but lately it has been late in being updated.
    bundle blog- http://indiebundles.tumblr.com/
    Edit: oops just posted this without finishing it or spell checking it

Two other things I wanted to bring up. Indie Games said that this week many games have changed prices but for the most part they seem to have gone up.
    Here's the article- http://indiegames.com/2012/05/because_we_may_sale_starts.html
    Here's the related site- http://www.becausewemay.com/

This guy inparticular is making his very odd game pay what you want (minimum $1) go to his site he has a great sense of humor and he deserves your money. At least take a look at his pirating policy to see he is a good guy.
    buy this- http://www.popme1.com/

This last thing is why I can to the other games section of the forum I was going to make a thread about it to give this game some publicity but I figured it makes some sense to put it there even though I think Kickstarters should probably be kept out of the sales section for the most part and I think I've bundled it with enough games that its okay [:
    On Kickstarter you can pick up Helena the 3rd for a dollar or Ensign-1 and Helena for $3. The game has already been made this funding is to add co-op support.
    Its a great game (as is Ensign-1) and I really want to see this get funded so go help out even if its just a dollar and also tell your friends post this on Facebook send a newsletter to your Gma...
    Helena- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1902082235/multiplayer-in-helena-the-3rd

Long post is long and probably over stayed its welcome in your mind but I think it could still be helpful
    Long post will now go

Wonkyth and Noburu like this.
  16. Wonkyth

"We believe that developers should have the freedom to price their games how they like, without interference from the online stores that sell the games. Why? Because it allows us to promote our games more freely, as we are doing here! We rely on the ability to promote our games for our livelihood and control over pricing is an important tool for this purpose."
    That is a direct quite from HERE.
    This is a huge, case-by-case sale, celebrating games and distributors for iOS, Mac, Android, Steam and simple developer websites.
    Here's some of the stuff that's on sale:
    STEAM (Not including games for other platforms or anything!)

Noburu, Ej and Miaow like this.
  17. PenultimatePanda

Yeah I know where I said for the most part they seem to have gone up was wrong I had yet to vist the Because We May I had just added it to my many open tabs. I didn't bother editing my post though because I didn't think it mattered even if most prices had gone up as long as there were some dropped prices it was still a link people should follow.
    I think its still worth supporting indies when they do raise their prices but since this is a page about sales most people on here I imagine are looking for ways to make things more affordable and not support games like Super Crate Box when they raise the price to $99.
    BTW support Super Crate Box watch the demo video and you will know immediatly if you want to support the very odd game right away just maybe wait till June 2nd when the price is normalized or buy it from a digital retailer where the price wasn't changed.
    Also GET THE DOUBLE FINE BUNDLE!!!

Indie Devs are just so much more interesting as a whole than triple ehs...they are even more interesting than Valve. [gasp]

Noburu and Wonkyth like this.
  18. Wonkyth

19. PenultimatePanda

Gala V
    http://www.indiegala.com/
    Lol says 0 bought so far and I can't see the purchase button or the games list.
    I'm stoaked about the rally game. I wish Soldat would so up in one of these so my friends would start playing.

Beating an average of $ 1,00 you can get 4 games:
    * Making History: The Calm & the Storm - by Muzzy Lane ( Steam key )
    * Beat Hazard - by Cold Beam Games ( DRM FREE )
    * Razor2: Hidden Skies - by Invent4 Entertainment ( Steam key )
    * Ironclads Collection - by Totem Games ( Steam key )

Beating an average of $ 3,99 you can get 8 games - all the 4 above games plus other 4:
    * Space Empires IV Deluxe - by Malfador Machinations ( Steam key )
    * Battle Mages - by Buka Entertainement ( DRM FREE )
    * WRC 2010 - by Milestone ( DRM FREE )
    * Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge - by Invent4 Entertainment ( Steam key )

Beating an average of $ 5,99 you can get the complete bundle pack of 12 games including also:
    * Ninja Blade - by FromSoftware ( DRM FREE )
    * SBK X - by Milestone ( DRM FREE )
    * Puzzle Kingdoms - by Infinite Interactive. ( Steam key )
    * Disciples II: Rise of the Elves - by Strategy First ( Steam key )

Music will be unlocked in the second week of the sale for everyone who beat average number 2.

Edit: Also fund that Kickstarter project! Nobody has since I tried to convince people. :( Would it help if I said it was based on the classic NES game Blaster Master? KAG was inspired by a SNES game and look at how good it is. If you liked Descent you should also fund this Kickstarter and get Ensign-1 and Helena.

here it is again- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1902082235/multiplayer-in-helena-the-3rd
    </br>--- merged: May 30, 2012 1:53 PM ---</br>
    New Indie Royale!

But first I just stumbled onto the site Big Fish Games don't know why anybody would buy from them if they aren't over 40 and waiting for their kids to come home from school but if you do buy from there for the next 17 hours you can get any game for $3 which is quite big savings for some games. Use code NEW299
    site- www.bigfishgames.com

More importantly I am going to pre-add the new Indie Royale bundle is up as of 1600 BST 1100 AM EST tomorrow (Thursday 31 May)
    get it get it- iNdIeRoYaLe.CoM

Also something else there are usually three chances to get an Indie Royale game at the lowest price assuming you don't get a bundle right when it launches. If you wait a few hours after launch and then go to the site the price will have dropped back down quite a lot. If not try at about the 24 hours mark or maybe the two day mark. If you still can't get it wait untill pretty much the last day the price usually creeps down slowly to the last day but usually not all the way down to the $3 mark.
    I should have taken screen caps of all the bundle charts to make this offical. Ima start doing that now.

I can't say what the games are because I love keeping secrets but maybe Wonkyth will update the games list tomorrow. :]
    If you really want a hint as to what the games are they are all fun games to play at graduation.
    (Not that KAG isn't a great game to play at graduation.)
    </br>--- merged: May 30, 2012 2:17 PM ---</br>
    Wait what Indie Royale Grad bundle went live 25 hours before I thought it would which means it just went live.
    I don't know how I got that wrong but get it Meow!

indieroyale.com
    I've got to start using that fancy script to embed my links
    1. The Void for: steam (pc), windows, desura
    2. Dead Pixels for: windows, desura
    3. The Ship for: steam (pc)
    4. 1000 Amps for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
    5. LaserCat for: windows, desura
    6. BONUS: AirMech for: steam (beta), windows, desura
    Edit: '$7 or more, you'll get Cheap Dinosaurs' acclaimed self-titled chiptune-rock album.'
    Also AirMech game is a F2P but you do get it with some bonuses if that's the kind of thing that floats your boat
    AirMech 'with Indie Royale only in-game item the Graduation Cap (+5% persistent XP)!'

Bene, Noburu and Wonkyth like this.
  20. Wonkyth

Holy crap, The Humble Bundle 8 just went live, and BOY IS IT A DOOZY! :D
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    Psychonauts
    LIMBO
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
    Pay more than the average of (at time of writing, VERY early on) $5.93 to unlock Bastion.

Also included is the soundtrack for each of the games (pretty sure you have to get Bastion to get it's music)! :D :D :D :D :D

Noburu, Miaow, WarrFork and 1 other person like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi