1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game Sales for all!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Wonkyth, Nov 14, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

2. PenultimatePanda

PenultimatePanda Shipwright

Cool havn't noticed this one yet and something kind of related did anybody else get a copy of Nuclear Dawn just randomly showing up in their Steam trading inventory?

Edit: Here's the link because the Forum Melon is too much of a meany pants to include it.
    http://groupees.com/bemine3

3. Wonkyth

Hey, it says it on the digiposter! :P
    Also yeah, They're giving away a free copy of Nuclear Dawn to people who already own it, to try and get a playerbase going. It's a little sad that KAG has a larger one than them. :/

4. PenultimatePanda

Yeah I figured the Nuclear Dawn thing was something like that.
    Also 8 hours left on Indie Gala Mobile.
    http://www.indiegala.com/
    Saw this yesterday didn't realize what it was till today because my brain selectively doesn't process anything with mobile in it.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 23, 2012 8:29 PM ---</br>
    BTW I initially found this thread to prompt the KS for the game Helena the 3rd which nobody here then supported. :(
    That game was added as a bonus to the latest Indie Underdog pack which is still going so you should pick up a few copies right meow!
    Please please please pretty please!
    </br>--- merged: Jun 29, 2012 10:12 PM ---</br>
    This current bundle drought has finally given me the chance to play some bundle games.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 30, 2012 11:56 PM ---</br>
    The bundles are back. Well Indie Royale is here and I recognise very few of these games which is good.
    indieroyale.com
    1. Harvest: Massive Encounter for: steam (pc, mac), windows, mac, linux, desura - more bundle info!
    2. The Journey Down: Chapter One for: windows, mac, linux, desura
    3. Serious Sam 2 for: steam (pc)
    4. Gundemonium Recollection for: steam (pc), windows, desura - The Steam Key is for the *entire* Gundemonium Collection.
    5. GundeadliGne for: steam (pc), windows, desura
    6. Hitogata Happa for: steam (pc), windows, desura
    7. Acceleration Of Suguri X-Edition for: windows, desura
    8. Dino Run SE for: windows, mac, linux, desura - Special Edition (enhanced from the Flash original) w/ upgrades
    9. BONUS: AirMech for: steam (beta), windows, desura - Plus Indie Royale "Fleur de Lis" Pet for your AirMech!
    SPECIAL BONUS! Each bundle includes a AirMech Steam PC Beta key, a hot F2P action-RTS with exclusivein-game item, the Indie Royale Companion Pet.

MUSIC BONUS!: For those who pay $8 or your currency equivalent get Pixeljams Volume 1, a $5 value featuring tunes from top electronic artists like Miles Tilmann, Datassette & Mark DeNardo, + Dosh.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 4, 2012 6:36 AM ---</br>
    There is also a new Indie Gala.
    I think this one has been going on for a week now I guess I would have know about it if I hadn't been ignoring all my emails.
    indiegala.com
    6 days left to get this but its not a great one in my opinion.
    3 games for $1+ 9 games for $6.24+ plus music and stuffs
    It does have The void but also 4 of the games are Commandos and Trauma you already have if you are a good little gamer who buys every bundle I think The Void was bundlized too. So its really 4 games plus 3 sequels for $6.24 which is meh but what are you going to do? Buy it of course because Steam isn't draining all your cash through their personal feeding straw exactly like this expect by milkshake I mean moneyshake because there is no summer camp sale :( atm run on sentence over but get 2 periods to compensate..

Also game list:
    Commandos probably sucks
    Commandos probably weak sauce
    Commandos 2 probably sameishit
    Commandos 3 dunno this many sequels they must have something right
    The Void worth it
    Ion Assult never heard of it
    Air Conflicts only I like flying games like it
    Cargo dunno looks like it takes place in Africa just Far Cry it instead
    Trauma haven't played it yet
    Also instead of buying this bundle buy Ensign-1 instead k?

Wait edit: I just found a better link then the one I used already.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 6, 2012 5:05 AM ---</br>
    Edit edit: Forget buying four copies of Commandos STEAM SUMMER SALE IS COMMMINGGG! AHHH! I suggest launching your wallet into space on a rocket that will be much more cost effective.

Noburu likes this.
  5. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

c-c-c-c-combo-breaker :D

no deals. i still have no time to play all those bundles. but commandos was a game I wanted to have in the 90's but it didn't run on my slow pc :D the idea of the game is that you have to sabotage and/or kill nazis as a british commndo. so it's quite a good story for sir aldo rayne.

PenultimatePanda and Noburu like this.
  6. PenultimatePanda

Fking Steam SUMMER SALE!!!
    I'll update this with today's sale items when the store isn't down.

Ridge Race Unbounded 50%
    Total War Shogun 2 75%
    Indie Bundle I 75%
    Crusaders Kings II 75%
    Ledgend of Grimrock 60%
    Terraria 75%
    Portal Franchise 75%
    Might & Magic Heroes VI 50%
    Modern Warfare 50%

store.steampowered.com

Noburu likes this.
  7. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Also there is community voting every 8 hours for new stuff!

8. PenultimatePanda

For those of you losers with a smart phone scratch that for those of you double losers with an Android smart phone :]
    Gale Mobile 2 is on the move and rocking out for the next 6ish days but more importantly you should go to Steam and buy me E.Y.E Nexuiz and the Tribes Ascend Starter Pack because they are all flash sales atm.
    Who cares what games are in it because its a mobile bundle even though there are some junky games for le PC too.

indiegala.com

9. Sitanel

Sitanel Shopkeep Stealer

Guys, this Steam sale is draining all my gold coins... But I'm lucky there's no sales on GOG nor GamersGate :noburu:

Wonkyth and Noburu like this.
  10. Wonkyth

IKR, I'm somewhere up past 320 games now. :/

Bene and Ej like this.
  11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

PC gamers in a nutshell: OMG just bought 67584 games on steam at 90% off!!!

*will only ever play 5 of them*

LOL console gamers r so stupid

Bene, Noburu, Ej and 1 other person like this.
  12. Wonkyth

Hey, I fully intend to play ALL of them. :p
    If you like, I'll do a weekly review on my games, working alphabetically. I've got enough to keep me going for a few years at least. :D

13. PenultimatePanda

WTF I just did a search for some bundles because I havn't been keeping track and wow there are a ton atm.
    BRB with loads of links to indies games you already own and don't play.
    You should buy these to calm all of that anger of yours for not buying games on Steam because you were waiting for the bigger final day discounts. I mean come on Steam we were counting on you!

Chester on Desura now free for the next day! Horray!
    Why? Because you have no moneys after that Steam sale. How legit of them.
    And really you should get a Desura account its a good site. Also if you start using Desura be warned every game on the site has hyper inflated review scores except of course Soldat and Kag which scored just 9.2 and 9.4 respectively. So don't start buying every game you haven't heard of with a 9.5+ because aren't actually that good. And also raise the scores of Soldat and Kag because these are Minecraft level games. Infact I forbid you from buying any of these bundles until you go rate Soldat and Kag 10/10. :)

Build a Bundle 2
    6 days left
    Bag Full of Wrong
    I think this was a bundle from a long time ago that has been rereleased but I missed it the first time because of global warming
    The games are kind of cool but knid of not good enough

Game Devs Bundle
    2 weeks left form when ever it started only bigger losers than me know when that was
    available in bitcoins!
    The Winter Games Bundle (WTF?)
    These look like shareware games (not that I don't still play my old sharewares) but really probably not worth clicking the link. Tell me if you bought this because even I don't think I can buy this one.

And finally a real bundle from some of the big boys in bundling
    Indieroyale July Jubilee
    7 days left
    Def should buy for the nostalgia filled Oniken

Because of my lazyness just missed the Recession Bundle sorry
    it had Break Blocks in it which I kind of wanted but wasn't really enough of a game to be worth buying which makes it the perfect game for a bundle of well
    oops

Fake bundles:
    Indievannia is a great site but their bundles are always kind of small (but cheap)

Milkstone Studios Bundle
    dunno if its actually worth it but its just one dolla dolla
    just three games

The Lunar Pack
    [Does not include Lunar Lander but you should already own that because you are a good little PC gammer]
    just two games not really sure how that is a bundle but whatever

In an unrelated note has anybody but me played Bring Your Water Wings?
    I can't find any info about it on the internets so I was thinking of making a fan site dedicated to it because why not.
    P.S. Sorry for minimal spell checking long post is long and I have to leave eight now. [:
    Edit: Also buy more copies of Soldat and Kag instead of buying these bundles!
    </br>--- merged: Jul 26, 2012 11:40 PM ---</br>
    BTW the first Humble Music Bundle is available.
    I opened up this bundle pages hours ago I guess I forgot what I was doing and didn't add it.
    You want Ok Go? You pay for Ok Go a lot and always remember that money could have gone to buying more codes for KAG.

Go read the song list yourself I was adding it in hear but its really annoying because it required more work than copy and paste but it includes work by: OK GO (beat the average), the guy behind the Portal ending credits song, They Might Be Giants, and people I don't immediately recognize therefore don't matter. :p
    Probably more bands to come because it isn't an indie game bundle without more stuff being added weekly.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 27, 2012 3:59 PM ---</br>
    This one is going straight up my nose.
    Gala VII! Wow they move fast.
    Up for 16 more days

Rig'n'Roll
    Space Rangers
    Reign: Conflict of Nations
    Unknown game unlocks in a week

beat average
    Death to Spies
    Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
    King's Bounty: Armored Princess
    UFO: Afterlight
    Unknown game unlocks in a week

3 secret bonuses

Also you probably didn't get it but the Bag Full of Wrong is a great bundle in my opinion
    </br>--- merged: Jul 30, 2012 2:12 AM ---</br>
    Are you Spanish? No?
    Is the finacial future of your country tied to Spain's economy not collapsing? Yes?
    Well that's great cause there is a bundle of games from Spain for Spain and in Spainish! Yay!
    Go save Spain from a recession with the Spainish Bundle.
    The games are so spainish they have words like Futbol, Ubongo, Sombras and Cycling Evolution in their titles. Wow that's real Spain right there.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 1, 2012 12:41 AM ---</br>
    Not really worth posting here because you should really know this but if you live under a nonwifi enabled rock Steam has 11 (I mean XI) indie bundles each for 10 bucks with 5 games. Its prety much every popular indie game on Steam released in the last few years aka the way to catch up on bundles you've missed because you suck like me.

Noburu and BeasterDenBeast like this.
  14. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

That steam bundle sale is great. 75% off every indie bundle.

Got Indie Bundle IX myself, despite owning two of the games on it, because I've been meaning to play Capsized, Revenge of the Titans and Zenoclash.

Capsized was so so, but Revenge is so much fun. Part of the enjoyment is probably due to reading books like Invasion of the Cthorr, Muv Luv, and Parasyte, which always make me want to lead humanity to safety from the vicious alien invaders. Haven't got round to Xenoclash yet but I hear it's good fun.

15. PenultimatePanda

I don't think I found a single bundle that had more than 2 games I didn't own in it. Of course I've probably only played one game from each bundle. (Stupid PC gamer I am.) I have been wanting to play Revenge of the Titans a lot and it was in a bundle I think but it migh have been one of the few bundles I missed not sure I probably have it already. I only played a few minutes of Capsized from what I saw it fit into the sadly bloated category of overrated indie [in my opinion]. I also was not a fan of VVVVV not my kind of game at all. I really wish MM's games would get bundlized or maybe have sales. I guess KAG needs to at least be released first though but still its clearly not MM's style maybe its the investor's style though...For awhile Soldat was pay what you want $1 or more but that's the only sale I've ever seen.

In future bundle news I am stoked that P-3 Biotic has been bundlized. That game looks good but don't think I want to pay full price for it.

If you anybody doesn't have Atom Zombie Smasher get that bundle because I love that game and that's all that matters. Bundle IV its a very solid bundle as a whole.

16. Beef

Oh man, spent so much time on AZS. Like, 40 hours, and I haven't even touched a mod yet.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. For what it is, it's perfect. Something about grimly holding off an unstoppable horror long enough to save as many people as you can really appeals to me, doubly so when it's contrasted with the goofy humour in the clips, the sweet 60's style and amazing music.

Almost makes you forget you could only save 40 people out of a city of thousands.

17. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Pretty much this. I owned at least half of every indie bundle it seemed thanks to all the previous Humble Bundles and such. All the indie games I really want now arent yet out :(

18. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

Those are just too much bundles. Even if you don't have to pay much and even if didn't have to work during the day I couldn't play them all. Even humblebundle that in the past had the more popular games stopped selling games and just sells music in their last bundle. There are soe games that come again and again and others that just bore me by looking at the trailer. Indie Bundles have become alike those boxes with random stuff for 99 cents in the stores. Sometimes you can find something nice but most of it is not worth the look. Even steam summer sale was more exciting than half of the bundles in the last time because there were interresting games (part of them indie) for cheap and not just random games for cheap. Maybe some of the games would be even better when I had the time to get them known. But with bundle after bundle after bundle you don't have the time tto see if it's worth it even it's not much. Why spend money even when it's just a dollar on something you'll never play?

PenultimatePanda, Beef and Noburu like this.
  19. Beef

Exactly. The market is flooded with indie titles at the moment, which is both good and bad. Good, because of the sheer diversity, innovation, and fun coming from them is incomparable to the mainstream market.

Bad because then majority of them by sheer number are unfun, samey, try hard trash, with an increasing number of people and companies trying to make a quick buck.

The good greatly far outweighs the bad though. Never before has there been such a platform for dissemination for great games. I just hope it won't get overplayed and people bore of it completely.

PenultimatePanda likes this.
  20. PenultimatePanda

I wouldn't say it matters if there are too many indie games out there its not like its going to cause an industry wide crash like the 80s and you know in general I find many indies trash but friends find the same games great and vise versa so I think you shouldn't expect to like even 50% of indies. Also its not like its hard to ignore something you think is trash. All the same I certainly like the idea of there being in total no more than one bundle a month I think any indie studio can expect to get a game in a bundle even if the game is not good. That's great for the developer maybe but its too much for me indeed. I like the idea of bundles being at exclusive in terms of the games that get accepted and the way to achive that is by reducing the number of bundles. Also dev definately see deminishing returns on this stuff the more bundles that are produced if every indie game will end in a bundle why pay full price or even why wait till its just 75% off on Steam it'll be 90%+ off in 1-12 months. They are driving the median buy price way down and to an extent devaluing their product. I'm not sure there were more than two indie games I bought in 2010 or 11 that didn't end up in bundles I bought so why would I ever buy a new indie at full price esspecially when I can't justify making my back cataloge even longer?! Yes bundles do get sales from people buying that wouldn't have otherwise bought it but that is really only sustainable when the market isn't flooded with competition. For the big hitters eg Humble Bundle will probably always benefit devs because its the flagship of for drm happy pro consumer trust people and gets which gets general nongamers and higher buy prices to support it pro consumer position but no other bundle can pull it off esspecially when they come every two weeks...Royale Gala...
    I would say for someone like me who pretty blindly buy almost every bundle I'm spending more on indies than before and the money is more spread out to smaller unknown devs but I'm not sure my enjoyment is up from doing this and if there were half the number of bundles I'd probably spend the same amount because I'd be paying more to support bundle cause but with this many it can be easy to just pay the minimum. This model might continue to be sutstainable but I would like if there was some indie industry get to gether about it to layout some ground rules maybe. :p Though I'm not sure what those might be.

TLDR: Essentially exatly what was said in the posts above this but in the spirit of bundling can I stress that you do buy the Bag Full of Wrong because that dev has the best attitude towards this stuff. Its well worth it to support them even if you don't end up playing the quite nice little games. Also these are 5 minute games so no worry about back catalouges. :)
    In fact I might give away a Bag of Wrong on the forums just to support it but don't not buy it because you think I might give it to you. :]

On an unrelated note I hope Fez gets into the Humble bundle (which it probably will and probably deserves) but then I'll use the sliders to buy the bundle but not give any money to Fez becuase as a whole the people behind it have no come off as good people I want to support but I still wants their game. :p
    </br>--- merged: Aug 3, 2012 4:09 PM ---</br>
    Speaking of too many bundles we have a new challenger!
    A bundle of games is now on KS.
    Lots of different levels of funding...
    It does have Ensign-1 in it which I like but I already bought multiple copies.
    While on KS though I erge you check out the Defense Grid 2 KS because immediately upon funding you get a Steam code for Defense Grid even if the KS fails and it really needs your moneys or it will fail.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 11, 2012 3:18 PM ---</br>
    Summer Batch V1
    50p min 10ish% to charity
    5 games 4 of which are point and click.

One of the games is called Nancy the Happy Whore. Not sure if that is a reason to buy for a reason to not buy.

Noburu and Wonkyth like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi