1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Games That Have Made You Tear Up/Cry

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Duplolas, Jan 8, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Ori and the blind forest

I haven't even bought it, watched the intro on youtube and fuck, the feels.

2. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

Magmus likes this.
  3. jimster6000

jimster6000 Horde Gibber

LISA is the only game that I teared up to. It's a game that can make you laugh or cry at its wish.

an_obamanation and J-man2003 like this.
  4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Nuclear Throne has put me on the verge of crying multiple times because of it's difficulty.

In terms of emotional games the only game that has gotten close to making me cry out of emotion is probably The Beginner's Guide, one of the best walking sims out there.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    jimster6000 likes this.
  5. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Club Penguin has made me cry numerous times due to the fact that all the kids who stole their mother's credit card have the cool igloos and mine is just a fucking little hut.

In terms of emotional moments, I cried at the ending of Halo 3 yet didn't cry at all during Lisa. COME AT ME BETCHES!

Joiken, J-man2003 and Vamist like this.
  6. l3afysamz

l3afysamz Ballista Bolt Thrower

Cave Story made me cry because I realized it's just a game. IT'S NOT JUST A GAME MAN! IT'S MY LIFE!!! :QQ:

Magmus, Psiklaw and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  7. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

Xcom II... make one mistake and your beloved soldiers get raped by reptillians and die :'( rip

J-man2003 and PinXviiN like this.
  8. SOMA had me pretty messed and teary up by the end.
    Undertale had me in tears and scared shitless during and the moments prior the Mega Flowey fight.
    For some odd reason playing Firewatch had me tearing up at the weirdest moments.
    But the game that had me bawling my eyes out was Mother 3, just play it, you will understand. *sniffle*

J-man2003 likes this.
  9. buy it

Asu likes this.
  10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I did it when it was on sale, and it was even better than I expected. Totally worth $20 even if I bought it $10.

Chukka likes this.
  11. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

I've only finished Teleglitch once, but I've died tons of times trying to get to the last level. I will always remember the moment when I ended level 10; the unprecedented silence enthralls the player who extatically achieves some kind of nirvanna. I suggest any fan of challenge to try teleglitch and get addicted to the point where you need to beat it.

Other games Cave Story is pretty e m o t i o n a l stuff, also !!! FABLE I !!! I played fable when it came out and i was like 10-11 and had the old first xbox. the memories of that game lol. Later on I played a lot of Oblivion and later on Fallout 3 (though I prefer new vegas). If anyone knows Psychonauts thats another fav of mine. I heard devs are planning the second part of it.

Glad to see this kind of posts hahaha

12. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

damn... Those Fable feels...

Kingdom Hearts destroyed me mentally... And it keeps on hurting.

glistering eyes

Vamist and Joiken like this.
  13. fangpier656

fangpier656 Haxor

The game that made me tear up was King Arthur's Gold and Team Fortress 2. Kag Made me cry because many of the changes in the game weren't any good (Please note this is my opinion). A good example of this would be the mines, I jumped into a pub one day as a knight, I threw my mine and little to no surprise someone threw it back at me and killed me. Saddest day of my life m8. And tf2 I had to sell one of my hats just to get a better hat (Snow sleeves) so now fml.

J-man2003 and Psiklaw like this.
  14. My lil emo heart... It hurts.... :C

ISTG I TEAR UP EVRI TIME

EDIT: FUCKING SACTUARY SONG UGH IM DONE

Vamist and AmestriStephen like this.
  15. AmestriStephen

Pal... That game really changed me

Joiken and an_obamanation like this.
  16. an_obamanation

Kingdom Hearts I in a nutshell. RIKU'S A JEALOUS PRICK. You're welcome.

17. AmestriStephen

now, get the fuck out of here, I don't really like shit talk about KH

go play cod or some sht

Vamist likes this.
  18. an_obamanation

But I love KH

EDIT: Seriously I do. I think the story's a bit messy but that doesn't mean I hate the game. I think it's really fun. I was just makin a joke and I didn't mean to piss you off. Sossy love yoo.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Hermap likes this.
  19. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

I can't recall a game that literally made me tear up besides one scene in undertale...

where the story of Asriel carrying chara's dead body back to the human world to lay her to rest, only to be pelted by rocks and attacked to where he collapses dead upon return to his world. Meanwhile the saddest music that ever existed plays in the background jfc ;_;

Before that moment though whilst I didn't tear up to it the downward spiral to "Spec Ops the Line" hits hard man D:

an_obamanation and J-man2003 like this.
  20. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Kingdom heart master race!!!! (I cri at that game)(Cant wait for number 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!)

an_obamanation likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi