1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

GamrRank™

Discussion in 'Other games' started by laurentiu, Sep 26, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

GamrRank™ is your ultimate rank based on how you play, what you say and the respect you earn

What is GamrRank™?

Gaming credibility comes from not only what you say but what you play and what people think of your activity.​
    GamrRank™ is the ultimate rank in gaming as it reflects what you play with your standing in the gaming community.​
    You can check more info about GamrRank on their site at https://www.gamrrank.com/about
    That`s my profile by the way!​
    I have two invites left, tell me if you want one. I`ll give it to the first two who follow me I guess. Anyway, just say if you want to join the site.​
    [​IMG]

</br>--- merged: Sep 26, 2012 6:34 AM ---</br>
    And no, this is not a spambot post. I`m just too lazy to explain it myself and if I would do that, it would probably turn into a TL;DR because there is quite alot to say.

Wonkyth likes this.
  2. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

This gamrank kinda seems useless if you ask me.

Beef and WarrFork like this.
  3. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Of course it's useless, just like the entirety of the concept of "game". :P
    However, there's plenty to be enjoyed from the more 'meta' aspects of gaming that services like GamrRank provide. ;)

4. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Posturing bullshit. Fuck "rank".

Let your posts and actions stand on their own.

Want to agree, but I can see the benefit in it. Like a version of those "trustworthiness" crowdsourced sites for other sites, but specifically for games.

That said I don't think it's needed, and dislike the concept on principle alone.

xChapx likes this.
  5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah I agree with Beef. People who have good standing in any community don't need a system to tell them that they are.

However from a marketing standpoint I think this is very smart. So many people are looking for validation of their self worth especially in the highly competitive gaming culture, so I think this has really great potential.

But anyways back away from the marketing standpoint it is pretty disgusting. They literally call their points "Respect". I mean, I play into all sorts of epeen buffery things, like K/D or Like count, but what kind of self esteem do you have to lack to be literally trying to earn Respect from this kind of stuff?

goodyman8 likes this.
  6. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Frankly the whole theme of GamrRank strikes me as off-putting; it feels as if it's attempting to make a big contest out of what is for me just a fun past-time, and I can imagine most that join have the aspirations of being ~the very best on the website~.

Personally I prefer raptr, because it gives you detailed information on your game-time (what you've spent it on, under what platform, in what genres, for how long, et cetera, assuming you use Steam and a PSN/360 account) and there's no fanatical e-peen measuring; more like someone took Facebook, added some features from Reddit and made it about videogames. Also, free stuff now and again, but mostly dumb virtual items for games you probably don't play.

Mods: BlueLuigi