1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Gather is back!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cameron, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Noctambula

Noctambula Catapult Fodder

Thanks!

Sky_Captain_Bjorn likes this.
  2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Join the Gather forum group to read all of the threads

Noctambula likes this.
  3. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Not a fan of the tickets part of the game. I spend my time as archer camping behind platforms, because if I don't, then I have potential to die - especially against other archers who camp behind platforms.

4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

That's why God created catapults, boulders, bombjumps, kegs, and bombarrows.

PUNK123 likes this.
  5. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I think boulders are removed in gather.

6. cameron

cameron THD Team THD Team Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Yeah, I removed boulders because of the dumb ways you can get kills using them with instagibs from boulders thrown right next to you. Ill put them back in when they are fixed.

There is issues with tickets and stalemates, but they are there because we need a way to limit the length of the rounds, and tickets seem the best way to do that. A timer just leads to anti-climactic draws a lot of the time.

also, a site would be cool, but we need to implement recording of all the stats first

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    101i likes this.
  7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Infidel! :rektlord:

There is only one God, @Vidar; and @Contrary is His Prophet!

@Geti is Daughter to the Almighty Vidar but only His Sons Contrary and Sedgwick (although Sedgwick was later disgraced and cast out into the endless night-cycle servers of eternity) were deemed worthy enough to spread word of His Magnificence, His Glory, and His bomb-spamming abilities.

I could only find an older copy of the KAG family tree, taken from the Kagible, the gospel of @Verrazano (there's a 2015 update on the expanded tree since then), but you should study it well and learn that Vidar is love, Vidar is life, Vidar is (in point of fact) KAG itself!
    kagfamilytree2014.png
    ----

cam- what about a timer that, when expired, just initiated a sudden death mode (i.e. suddenly everyone finds themselves in a "0 tickets" situation)? It would mean people don't have a reason to get all campy during the majority of the game, and at the end you still get the high-stakes climatic showdown of people making desperate final charges or heroic last stands.

@Vidar liked the idea. Therefore you should do it. Bc it is the will of God... :rekt:

Kububv, Bint and Blue_Tiger like this.
  8. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I disagree. Everyone knows the timer is coming, so the losing team will pick up the pace to push forward and try with everything they have to get the flag. It makes for a lot of action packed fun with the losing side going all out and the winning side trying not to choke. Much more fun than such a slow game that is currently being played with tickets.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

But if there's no resolution before the timer ends then it's all kinda... flaccid. Which is why the God-willed idea of a sudden death mode is actually not a terrible idea; bc then people will rush and push to try and gain as much territory in the final minutes before death becomes permanent-- and even if they don't managed to get a cap before the timer expires the game doesn't arbitrarily finish, it just becomes really high-stakes. 78787878

DatNobby likes this.
  10. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

11. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

After seeing this idea in action the other night I think it's really cool and a great addition to the game.

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: sudden death - a slow slow sweep across the map forcing an engagement could be for the best, as it is we see a lot of camping (for like 10+ minutes most games) and inaction once tickets are out if one team doesn't push (and they often dont). Siege is a nice stale-breaker but requires a team defending it and $$$ which is harder to get with low builder income and no build phase.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  13. FuzzyBlueBaron

Yes, that would be even better again (meaning that people have a choice of winning on their own terms prior to SD, or risking the tossup); I guess I was just suggesting something that could be done without too much trouble using the code we already have (unless you're volunteering, Geti? Huehuehue. :rekt:).

14. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

If you DO add a "sweeper" it would be awesome if you could make it somehow collapse or destroy the blocks on the edges so that the last people were left on a gradually shrinking floating island

Pizza, Fuzzle and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

afaik skinney has been working on a sweeping "kill zone", not sure if it's for this purpose or not though :)

16. Sou

Sou Shark Slayer

:rektlord:Gather +1
    More people need to vote for AUS though

17. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Rather than initiating "kill zone", or "perma-death", a timer that reaches 0 could always "lock" resources/building, making repairs either much harder or impossible, which would eliminate stalemates as towers eventually crumble and flags are exposed?

18. Geti

No builders on sudden death is an interesting idea actually, should be tested out for sure. Could assign random military class or warp them back to tent and not let them leave on timer out or tickets out

19. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

My only problem with this is how useless catapults would become, since it would be impossible to resupply them unless you had some stone in your storage. But to have that excess of stone would mean you didn't use it in the first place which would mean your tower would be a bit flimsier.

20. Geti

So? Do you need a catapult to down towers in a land with no builders repairing them? Does anyone actually "move up" due to catapults, or do they just put them on towers and pop the wheels off? Currently they're just stalemate machines 99% of the time, I dont think their absence in the endgame would be felt :^)