1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Gather is back!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cameron, Jan 3, 2015.

1. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

bring back classic plats. I don't see why they were removed; they weren't annoyingly resilient spammable obstacles, yet they had great subtle uses, which could be exploited by the enemy in interesting ways. Plus you could jump down through them, seriously the worst thing about stone traps is that they're effectively enemy doors that you can't break without a builder.

Fernegulus likes this.
  2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Destroying an enemy tower has no cost and it's not hard, you just waterspam 2-3 enemies and a knight will kill them, then he can swap to archer and do the same thing.

Fernegulus likes this.
  3. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Yes, you try keeping 2-3 enemies in a stun lock for enough time for a knight to realise that they're ready to die. And I don't see how that destroys an enemy tower.

4. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

uhh maybe just tell him

5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

You're right. There defintively aren't any way to tell him. The water arrow stun is really too fast. They'd increase it.
    Bombarrows are also known to be extremely weak. They can't destroy anything.

Sarcasm level : ∞

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Now, now children. Let's have a little bit more... chill in this thread, yo? :huh?:

Pizza and Fernegulus like this.
  7. Blue_Tiger

Well, if I manage to somehow hit 3 knights with a water arrow, chances are they will fall aside from one another, so I can't do a second one. Only way 1 water arrow will kill 3 stunned knights in the time it takes to unstun is if there were at least 2 knights ready to strike as soon as it happens. Of course, if that's the case, and there is an archer there, why are you all standing together?

And bomb arrows do do (lel) damage to structures, but it only takes a backwall to keep a structure there for a long time since bomb arrows can't really remove backwalls. In gather, stone is a plentiful resource, so a backwall won't cost much. Not to mention that each bomb arrow is worth 50 coins, and every bomb arrow we waste on stone that can easily be replaced is another bomb arrow we can't spend on destroy enemy siege or breaking into the enemy's base.

Though, I do think platforms should be removed from Gather, fucking hate camping behind just because the enemy archer is unhittable behind his.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    AmestriStephen likes this.
  8. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

*holds up burlap sack of potatoes with Toshiba logo on it*
    Thank you for giving me a way to play KAG again. I'll be around for a long time yet.
    This game cost me a whole dollar! It means the world to me! :QQ:

9. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

I'm fucking serious, limit archers to 1 at a time.
    You never need more than 1, and 2 archers are fucking annoying.
    SO FUCKING ANNOYING

10. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Remove tickets and then people won't be such cowards and camp all night long... and I maybe start to play Gather® again.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  11. Juaro

Juaro Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Tickets it is!

Pizza, FuzzyBlueBaron and Hella like this.
  12. Blue_Tiger

Or you could learn to counter archers? 3 knights vs 2 knights = 3 knights win (with good knights).

13. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

So archer's counts as nothing? Jeeesus.

14. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

I uhm, don't see what's your point?

15. Blue_Tiger

Knights are the pushing force in KAG. Use knights to gain ground, then get a builder to build some defenses. Once the defenses down, the other team cannot push back. That is why the default format is 1 builder, 1 archer, 3 knights rather than 1 builder, 2 archers, 2 knights. Sure, archers are annoying, but they can't do what a knight can.

16. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

The problem is that 1::):2 is equally effective as 1:1:3 and yet it's way more annoying to the other team.
    That's all I'm saying.
    Archers don't have to do what a knight can, they only have to support the knights. And double the arrow spam, the enemies have to hide behind their shields more, which disallows slashing in most cases and sometimes even jabbing.

17. How come nobody told me it's back? Hell, I might even install KAG to try and play it once for sake of old times...

Shout outs to anyone who contributed in bringing Gather back. I'm starting to feel little nostalgic and at the same time envy of all the fun I'm missing out now.

101i and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  18. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Serves you right, splitter. :rektlord:

19. Juaro

Juaro Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

[​IMG]

20. NojoNinja

NojoNinja Catapult Fodder

so happy its back i cant wait!

ParaLogia and Verzuvius like this.