1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

General kag changes

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by PUNK123, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Or maybe a cost to refill?

2. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I thought about that too but it's kinda useless: You get 100 wood at builder shop anyway so you could always buy a new one, unless the cost is increased (either much more wood or add a coin cost) which I'm not too sure about

3. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Hang chests from the ceiling in the TDM maps, I want to have a Piñata Party. VIVA PIÑATA

4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

ALL WATER BOMB DISCUSSION MOVED TO THIS THREAD.

I'll leave the discussion for other suggestions that weren't in the OP, because those weren't taking over the thread as badly--and honestly it's nice to see some discussion for once that isn't just complaining about new builds.

PUNK123 and blackjoker77777 like this.
  5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Removing the archer's ability to shoot a keg "off" a catapult would be hype. Also it'd be pretty cool if the suggestion, that dirtblocks(or ore blocks) didnt take damage from explosives, became a thing. Also if anyone wants to id love to discuss how to make bomb arrows non-bs while at the same time not nerfing them to hell :)

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    J-man2003 and Sytoplasma like this.
  6. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

punk will u ever consider kag balanced?

7. PUNK123

maybe, though probably not.

I want to be able to slash water arrows. Why do they get to shoot waterbombs but we are defenseless against their shittery? Also id like all that trashery with no animations to stop. I dont mean the really hard to fix bugs, i want the ones the dev coded to get out of the game. You should be able to use rmb/lmb with a tramp or drill because it has no game breaking features. You might freak out about archers grappling up a wall with a tramp, but they are their most vulnerable in that position. Atm it is just trash because knights are the only one it barely affects. you can easily time your slashes without any animations at all.

8. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

sponges in your inventory should reduce the effects of water stun (while wearing out)
    that way sponges would be less useless and aquaphobes would get a counter against water - bam - two birds with one stone!
    I am also all for being able to fill water buckets for coins at builder shops

J-man2003, Magmus, PUNK123 and 4 others like this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

These are both interesting ideas; I'll stick them on the list for testing but can't promise they'll get attention super soon - eventually though!

J-man2003, Magmus, EhRa and 4 others like this.
  10. PUNK123

make sure not the make the water too cheap

11. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

TFW GETI DOESN'T SAY "JUST MAKE IT INTO A MOD"

The sponge was never really useless-just very situational. And yes, there's a key huge difference between the two. But the buff sounds very fitting; all items should be useful on all maps and not just as a situational tool that you may use once per round if at all.

I think boulders are useless since their nerf, they used to be a type of builder-combat weapon, which the drill does better anyways. Boulders seem to imply being used for front-line/combat builder, so maybe make the boulder only take up 1-2 inventory spaces instead of all 4, and make the boulder do damage as long as it lands on any side of the enemy except the bottom. The sides could do .5-1.5 hearts of damage and the top could do 2-3 hearts of damage. This would make the boulder useful in combat situations of which a builder will be apart of, especially in a pub, but instead of the boulder being an instant-kill machine, it would be a damage tool generally used to scare away the enemy or finish them off. I do think if these changes are made the boulder should only be able to be thrown for damage by the builder, any other class will do minimal/no damage when throwing it. Similar to how the drill works.

12. PUNK123

Now just make drills, mines, and boulders come out with space and we're in business(minus the uselessness of making boulder class dependant, and changing boulders from being based off of velocity). Imagine how cancerous it would be if only builders could move boulders. Think about it, boulders do dmg based off of impact so to stop other classes from using them you would have to stop them from being able to pick them up.
    also this doesnt seem 1/2 bad. Not sure though if you could code it to be based off of how much health you have lost/ whether people would be alright having to double click to heal thru the heart.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  13. 4zK

few maps have enough water for sponges to be needed -> the sponge literally has no use -> the sponge is effectively useless in those maps

same goes for the bucket if there's no water on the map, it's just an idle item at that point
    boulders are capable of dealing some okay damage through structures when shot from a catapult, but there's too rarely an occasion where enemy structures would be in that range

maybe boulders would be better fit for combat if they didn't lose all their velocity when they hit an enemy? I think they deserve the same feature that spikes have where they can phase through multiple enemies while dealing damage

J-man2003, PUNK123 and EhRa like this.
  14. PUNK123

Youre pretending sponges have an actual use on a watermap. I remember when me and @link6155 we're trying to end a stalemate(we had complete control couldnt do shit because water is the worst thing ever)so we blocked off shit and started draining. We got 1/2way thru until the enemy masochist came over and flooded every single chamber.
    I've honestly never had a situation where that was needed. Not sure how it would help the thrower, as it wouldnt hit the enemy then bounce back in the thrower's direction(making it easier to get stolen). Unless you mean it should be used for dropping off a tower which i guess makes some sense. But then again, how far can a boulder drop without breaking itself, and if it is the same height as a spike would be id just use the one i dont have to craft. If we are on the topic of buffs id ofc love to see it back in the inventory(been suggested a ton) as it was removed back when it was an op instakilling rock(basically to remove all the salt of being killed by something you couldnt see). Also a pretty hefty health buff would be cool(as it is silly that a mine takes aton of slashes but a boulder-something made out of stone- cannot handle a couple slashes)

J-man2003, Sytoplasma and EhRa like this.
  15. 4zK

oh, I was thinking small puddles in encased spaces, not necessarily watermaps - draining an entire lake in a stalemate sounds like a nightmare

on boulders though, they are more fit to be toys rather than weapons at the moment, I'm just trying to think of something that would make them more viable

I was never a fan of the idea of boulders inside inventories, but solely because they don't look like they should fit in there

maybe boulders could inflict more knockback and a stun similar to when you block a slash with a shield? it would make sense for it's size, I mean it's a boulder

J-man2003 likes this.
  16. PUNK123

They'd be a cool gadget weapon to use if it had more health and wasnt such a pain to use(walking around with it in your hands and if you drop it then it is just a roadblock.) That's just my opinion though. Would be nice to see them back in the inventory because the point "but they look big" really doesnt mean anything to me. Anyone want to discuss whether these ideas
    hold any water. (yes i cherry picked only the parts that i personally like).

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    J-man2003 likes this.
  17. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Make sponges more useful in draining water:
    Give the sponges an extra effect that blocks water from spreading in an area that's just a little bit larger than their draining range.
    If you walk around with a sponge it would still become filled very fast, but if it stays put you get a small pocket of air.

It may not be realistic, but this is a game where knights blow themselves up to scale a wall and where builders use hammers to dig through dirt - I think we can handle unrealistic sponges for the sake of enjoyment.

Magmus, J-man2003 and _Cuffs_ like this.
  18. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

That's what I meant by situational-it was only actually useful in some very specific situations, but useless in others. Granted, it still deserves a buff.

I do like that idea for boulders, but it does sound more fit for a base-camping builder and not an offensive one.

19. PUNK123

Is there anyway to just increase the hell out of its weight to the point where archers cant grapple up with it or grapple with any real speed for that matter? Also to the point where you cant throw it with any real velocity and then make it where only gravity or a catapult can conceivable make the boulder instakill(making someone drop it over 10 blocks is kinda lame considering it is a huge as rock). Eitherway though can you make it so it doesnt impact teammates(as in they can walk thru)?

20. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Not really, the weight and throw system don't work that way. Initially heavy stuff slowed you down more, but it's been slowly made less and less important due to community complaints, and isn't something that'll change at this point. Archer grappling is totally unaffected by the weight of stuff.

I agree that it should slow you to a crawl given that it's a rock as big as your body. You shouldn't even really be able to lift it, just roll it around... However, there's no precedent for an item like that in the game currently; drastically changing its current behaviour will just result in more salt.

@Gofio the permanent sponge-bubble thing isn't really possible, or not simple at least - the water's behaviour is hard-coded, so you'd have to figure out some way to keep track of that behaviour in the script. I think searching for a wide-sweeping role for a sponge is a little silly anyway :) it soaks water very effectively and if it halved the duration of water stuns or something, I think we'd see more than enough of them.

J-man2003, 4zK, Psiklaw and 1 other person like this.