1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

General Knight Changes

Discussion in 'Balance' started by Auburn, Sep 13, 2013.

1. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Knights definitely need to be vulnerable and drop Shield while carrying crap. So far only Drills drop the Shield.

2. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

So do mines, stop posting please.

3. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Okay, so I left out Mines, which forgive me for forgetting about considering I never see them used. That's two things out about 12 things the Knight can carry and use. No reason to stop posting there m8.

4. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

now I know you're trying to b8 me faget.

Apronymous and Superblackcat like this.
  5. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

I feel like boborype is just antagonizing us to get us to react to his inane idiocy. You should stop posting unless you want everyone to think of you as a player to steer away from you should stop posting about how much you hate knights. If you really hate them that much then you should stop playing and find a game you can't complain about. Trust me bobo the devs think just like us so any of your thoughts you have about knights aren't going to come for very good and obvious reasons.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 17, 2014 ---
    Also iPhones are bad for this considering I had to edit my post 3 times afterwards...

Superblackcat likes this.
  6. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester

> the badness
    [​IMG]

UnnamedPlayer, Kazaco97, 101i and 5 others like this.
  7. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Seriously, what server are you playing on? Johny168's 4 player CTF? First, you "never see more than one archer" (see bobotype's archer thread) And now you never see mines being used? I'm beginning to question whether or not you're playing the right game. Even if you're from Australia, their servers are still very similar to NA servers. (player-wise)

Ozminer and Superblackcat like this.
  8. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Nope.jpg.gif.com, I honestly never see Mines in use, well I did circa October last year but since then for some reason nope.jpg. And another thing; aren't Mines something you wouldn't be running up to enemy walls with, seeing as they're static antipersonnel rather than a terrain destruction thing? So it doesn't matter as much as, say, a Keg as to whether you're vulnerable with them. That's the issue, vulnerability, and if it's something you're placing in "no man's land" then you don't need to get it to the defended enemy walls and thus don't need to be Shielded.

Let me paraphrase:
    "IDONTLIKEYOURIDEASSOYOUREDUMB... But I'm not going to explain why. Leave the game, you are wrong and also dumb. OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE DUMB. DO YOU SEE MY POINT THAT YOU ARE DUMB????? Your ideas are dumb because you are dumb" --You
    Hi guys, I can post large reaction images and not contribute anything useful! I've shown that I dislike these ideas, give me likes, please! --you
    Okay, so I have seen Mines in use a while back, but definitely not at all recently in both TTH and CTF. I basically forgot they existed.

Also DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. After you said you were encountering 3-5 Archers and making it sound like a regular thing, my reply WAS:
    That's very different to "you never see more than one Archer", mate, so don't think you can just lie.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  9. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

10. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

The best thing to do here is to stop posting because it really seems to be fueling this guy....... Either we should lock the thread or all just leave it.

11. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Nah, how about you try talking about nerfing Knights instead of requesting the thread be locked.

12. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester

This is a knight changes thread, not just about nerfing them.......

I'm of a mind with Kedram, I think I'm just done with responding to you, you obviously aren't listening to what anyone else has to say about your ideas.

101i likes this.
  13. real men take their mines and use as AOE projectiles

101i, Sirpixelot and Yagger like this.
  14. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Guys, Knights are too stronk, they can kill a whole village of builders, like omg, in real life, 10 guys could kill one knight... also, their sword goes through an archer, like omg, that's way to stronk.

pls liek btw.

kedram and 101i like this.
  15. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Okay, correction, talk about changing Knights [because it's obvious they need a buff].
    How am I not listening. Seriously, tell me.
    For instance, 101i mentioned that Mines can't be Shielded and I responded in turn. Do you know how I knew 101i said it? I was listening [reading, but yeah]. You, in fact, displayed a lack of reading ability seeing as you misquoted me with a lie.

16. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

man dont put yourself down like that, its not healthy

17. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

If anyone wants a TL:DR version of this thread:
    [​IMG]

18. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

@bobotype, if you believe this game is so unbalanced, why don't you just do us all a favor and quit, all you have done is bring up old conversation that the community doesn't care for obviously.

19. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

I understand his frustration, but arrow slashing is gone, a good archer can now reliably take on knights. Aside from a few little things that bother me, it's pretty balanced now. The problem is when archers bring up huge laundry lists of big changes they want, the response is always "learn to actually play" (Which in this case is the right response.) I think this just serves to give a bad name to the archers who want a few tweaks to smooth over some things.

I'm all for things like fixing shield hit-boxes, but if it's part of a "Knights are super OP, nobody has a chance" thread asking for 20 things, everyone's going to ignore it and tell you to learn to play. (Speaking somewhat from experience here)

Sirpixelot and kodysch like this.
  20. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

We understand that you only want to help, but frankly... this stuff has been resuggested several times, and no one really cares at all. Just.. calm down mkay? You should have looked before you dived in here, cause this subforum is full of sharks D;

Here, a link to the one place that has every suggestion suggested in the history of this "Suggestions & Ideas" sub-forum. https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/list-of-things-already-suggested-do-not-suggest-these-again.15417/

Now everyone, get back on topic. >:c