1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Geti read this

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Im_a_Turtle, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

How are we supposed to mod the skins now? I'm absolutely stumped on the new skin system. Please reply, a few other skin modders would like to know also. In addition, are we only restricted to a single player skin now? I cant load Humans vs Orc skins anymore

*Ps:You going to add a new team color system with that team palette file in the future? If so, am i going to waste my time reskining different team colors on my skins?

2. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

True now we can only modify heads...Or only Sprites but if we change Head boom normal..It's only good for non premium members now xD

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You have to mod the game-mode too.

Each actor type (which can be defined the same per team or different per-team) has these variables
    Code:
        actor_sprite_size = 32
        actor_sprite_male = Sprites/knightMale.png
        actor_sprite_female = Sprites/knightFemale.png
        actor_heads_size = 16
        actor_heads_male = Sprites/MaleHeads.png
        actor_heads_female = Sprites/FemaleHeads.png  
    We're leaning towards some serverside modding in the future. For now on most servers, you can modify both teams.
    As for colours, just use blue team's colours for now. We might have 2-colour teams in a while though.

Honestly, modifying textures during an alpha is generally a bad idea if you don't like reworking everything. A lot of things are going to change over time.

4. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Actually I really like the server side texture pack Idea, that way you know everyone is using the same.

5. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Alright, i guess i'll take a break on sprite sheets and wait for the final, This would be a great opportunity for me to do suggestions and sprite sheet ideas. Thanks Geti :)

Geti likes this.