1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Getting "fullscreen" kag to work - BorderlessGaming

Discussion in 'Help' started by Potatobird, Aug 17, 2016.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Hey all, I'm probably not the only one having infuriating fullscreen problems. You move your mouse a lot in this game, and it's a pain in the ass clicking off screen and tabbing out of the game when you're in windowed mode. However, fullscreen mode has plenty of its own pains, and is at its worst completely unplayable. Recently it's even been forcing me to restart my computer to get control back. Maybe it's because I run kag at 1366 x 768 but my monitor is 1080p - but I like to use a resolution in which I can actually read the chat.

Anyway, I finally found a decent way to deal with this, and I figured I'd share if anyone else is having troubles.

1. Buy this BorderlessGaming thing. You don't have to buy it, it's open source, but I figure $2 isn't too bad for a neat utility. It's on sale! :^)
    2. Run BorderlessGaming.
    3. If you buy/install it through steam, I'd recommend disabling steam integration because otherwise it will constantly say you're "playing" borderless gaming which is annoying. Find that option under the Tools tab. You can also set it to run on Windows Startup if you wish.
    4. Start KAG - set it to windowed mode of your desired resolution! If that resolution is different than your monitor's native resolution, you'll have to change your monitor's displayed resolution while you're playing kag.
    5. Go back to BorderlessGaming, find KAG build whatever on the list of applications, and stick that baby on your list of favorites by selecting it and clicking the right arrow button.
    6. Right click KAG on the favorites list, and make sure Full Screen is checked.
    7. Restart KAG, you're all set. Whenever you wanna play, just open up BorderlessGaming first. And switch your resolution if you have to.

Maybe there's ways to make this work even better, I've only fiddled around with it a little, but it's been working just fine for me so far. Even if normal fullscreen somehow does work for you, this makes alt-tabbing a lot less of a hassle. Enjoy!

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey