1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ghosts Spector OR Death Spector

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by DragonUnitedtm, Sep 9, 2015.

?

Which is Better Spector Mode or Death Mode

1. Death Mode

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Spector

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Basiclly when someone dies and there isn't anymore Units OR when they go to Spector mode
    they spawn as a harmless grieferless white transparent Ghost
    upload_2015-9-9_4-30-54.png

PUNK123 and RampageX like this.
  2. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

A while ago we had the idea of being pigeons and shit all over the map... Ghosts are also cool, but none of the ideas will be added to the oficial game.

J-man2003, link6155, GreyHCK and 6 others like this.
  3. mmm

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

why isnt this a thing

J-man2003, swagbot and DragonUnitedtm like this.
  5. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

J-man2003 likes this.
  6. PalladiumGirl

PalladiumGirl Catapult Fodder

Dont starve together much?

J-man2003 and EhRa like this.
  7. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

I suppose this is for classic , because in beta there is no limit of re spawning.
    I support the idea but i think that only spectators can see each other to prevent them from trolling players (archers to be specific)
    I don't think we actually need ghosts as spectators as you can see almost half the map when you die in the last lives.

J-man2003 likes this.
  8. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

The pigeon thing sounds awesome, but it would basically make for free info on the enemy team. Get one player to suicide or die fighting, and he'll tell you where to use fire arrows, which buildings you can bombjump over, and whether the enemy team has set up any traps. I've already seen some people do this using spectator mode, but the pigeon thing let's you stay in the same team. Dead players will bear a grudge and do anything they can do to help their team win.

9. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I don't think it makes much of a difference because when you die, you basically go spectator for a few seconds and can see anywhere on the map

10. I'm thinking he wanted the ghost for more of just a comical aspect. But that would just make the game even more cluttered.

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

A few seconds is not enough to see any traps, or where to use a fire arrow best.

12. Ranmage

Ranmage Builder Stabber

This may create lag. The current spectator mode is good enough.

J-man2003 likes this.
  13. I personally can easily see exactly what to do in the timeframe so maybe that's just you ::):

J-man2003, Corpsey and DatNobby like this.
  14. Withror

Withror Ballista Bolt Thrower

Nah, too spooky.

J-man2003 likes this.
  15. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Nah, they would be to annoying and it would just be cluttered. What I would suggest is that spectators should not take up a spot because it isn't fair for people that want to join a full CTF match, but there are 4 spectators taking space for no reason.

16. Withror

Withror Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well, in classic we had separate slots for spectators. Problem solved. If something fails, just turn to the classic roots :kappa:

J-man2003 likes this.
  17. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

solid idea on paper but then what if the spectators rejoin the game and a 20 slot server now has 24 players? wouldnt that suck for anyone who wants to play there when it is full 24/20?

18. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

i oddly feel like i remember there being separate spectator slots in early beta. i don't remember if they could actually join a team though to make a 20 server suddenly 21, but i don't believe they could.

PUNK123 and J-man2003 like this.
  19. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

Then prevent them from joining any one team if the match is already full.

You could add a little display towards the top of the screen for spectators to show how full the match is, so that they know whether they can join in or not.

Blue_Tiger and J-man2003 like this.
  20. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

The ghosts are a cute idea on paper but would be unbalanced and uneeded in the game, maybe make it to where other specs can see other specs as a ghost (or pigeon lol) with team colors to see if that player might be doing some reconnaissance or whatever to help your team out even more as a spec. But don't let the spec ghosts/pigeons disrupt the players that are alive, that's a stupid idea and is very unbalanced.

It's threads like those that make me wish I joined these forums earlier when Kouji was still around... RIP Kouji.

This is a good idea but it would probably cause more lag.

I don't know maybe specs are easier for the server to register and thus cause way less lag than an actual player, making the idea feasible. Either way the spectators still need to have a limit to prevent abuse of an infinite limit to amount of specs.

Mods: Rainbows