1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Gold Contest: RDM Maps

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Contrary, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Mainly the goal was to dump this gold account but getting more people playing/making maps for RDM is pretty cool too. JacKD is definitely deserving of the win here but most of the maps are really fun. Evergreen, Avalon, Shattered Islands, and the Old Gold Mine would be my favourites up with Flooded Castle.

Being sort of busy I kind of burnt out near the end of this; I was planning on doing a lot more with the judging. In the interest of improving future contests from myself or anyone else, feel free to post criticism/suggestions on the contest.

GloriousToast, JacKD and Ghozt like this.
  2. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Criticism wise, you should have made my map the winner. :P

Anyway, I don't think you should have let it up to the public, or told us that it was actually going to be judged from what we said.
    I know the predicament that you were in, but I still found it pretty well organized.

Bunnyboy likes this.
  3. Antman

Antman Base Burner

I'm happy with 3rd :P
    Thought id be down the bottom..

But I do wish it was based on more than a community vote, let alone a vote on just "creativity".

I did a fair bit of work on gameplay and aesthetics (the other things that we were meant do be based on) and got nothing :S

But, it was fun, acheived it's goal, and I really want to make more maps.. And JacKD made a map worthy of his place, congrats to all!

Ghozt and JacKD like this.
  4. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Criticism wise, you should entered my map in competition :p

Sadly im well aware it is broken but i didnt have the time to fix it (Crashes 90% of players for some unknown reason).

Ghozt likes this.
  5. Antman

Antman Base Burner

What is this map? Can you fix it :)

6. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

can you show us what you judged each map on each of the categories?

7. DivineEvil

DivineEvil Tree Planter

I'm a little dissappointed, but I guess I just had little time to develop a better concept. Will make a topic for my maps soon anyway.

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

fwiw i thought yours was the best looking map, though it did have a couple gameplay issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.