1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Gold Servers Premium Access

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MM, Jul 25, 2011.

1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Due to community request (forum thread Shut up and take my money) we are taking pre-orders for Gold Servers.

What are these strange beings?

Gold servers will basically be normal KAG servers but only players that have payed for access be able to play on them.
    Pre-orders will be taken until the functionality is made and ready, which should be in about 2 weeks.

This feature has several advantages:

* You get to play with an elite group of true KAG fans
    (better, more fun matches with players that have learned the game and love the game)

* Griefing will be probably nonexistent since doing that will mean account banning and loss of money

* You can thank us developers for making this free game + helping to pay for all the server bills

MORE INFO + BONUSES + PAYMENTS; FOLLOW THIS LINK

2. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Bought mine :D

(Also, little typo on the donate page - its paid rather than payed)

3. J4son

J4son Guest

Shit, I wasn't signed in nor did I put my name in the box while buying. I didn't know how it worked. Soooo uhh.. I sent you an email from the account that made the donation?

uhh, maybe this could be avoided in the future as well.

4. MM

Damn why didn't you read the text around the buy button? :) I'll just set your account manually.

5. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

Doesn't this kind of defeat the purpose of testing? I thought test builds were to see how well the community (albeit limited) responds to the changes before they are officially implemented. Isn't this just narrowing your range of testers?
    Although, I should like to think that more experienced and skilled players will more readily purchase a premium account, which might mean more accurate testing.

Also, I know it's not the specific name (or I haven't seen one clarified), but why "gold" account? It seems strange as it coincides with King Arthur's Gold, and it may cause confusion. Something like The Excalibur Premium sounds more exciting.

Also, I've donated before, but I can't remember how much, and I'm not sure whether I was thinking that I was paying in Australian or US dollars.

6. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

I might donate in the future aswell, right now i cant say cauze the game is in the lag part a fucking pain... aswell its not really released and in testing, what am i gone donate for again? what if the next build makes the game unatractive for me? who knows?

Donations at this time can i not understand especially cauze it will split peoples just from joining 1-2 servers and making them full - now it'll be that theres 3-4 servers half full and nothing really is going on ?

Srsly MM in all love, bad idea :X

7. Biffleur

Biffleur Guest

I agree with what Loki said, exactly what I was thinking except I didnt't have much problem with lag personally

8. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

well the lags i talk about are those from players joining an eu server while beeing located into the us.... so they got like a 300 basic ping -.-^^

ping limit 200 on any server is just need.... else... lagfest.

9. Benata

Benata Guest

Are there any payment options like from cell phone?

10. MM

You might die tomorrow, who knows?... You might as well give me the 9$ now so I can make the world a better place...

I can't do much about lag because people from around the world just join wherever there are people playing. Mostly because they don't care about their ping or don't know it. I need to make a proper servers list with ping sorting but still most people really don't care about it. So... Premium players will be more conscious about their server joining decision, so there should be less overall lag on gold servers. So in fact, your objection is a reason for you to buy.

You assume the player base will stay as it is. It will grow exponentially once we start proper promotion/marketing.
    Second thing, why would you even care about this split if you are a premium player? Screw those that don't want to pay. If you pay you can play wherever you want.

Not yet, I want to keep things simple at the moment. Maybe in the future.

Eggnogg: I chose that name exactly because of the game name :). I might change the name if it is really confusing for others too. Not attached to it.

Apronymous likes this.
  11. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

You can do stuff about lag because people join where a server is closest to them and still get very bad lag even with very good computers. But I digress, I have donated :)

12. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

It really does defeat the purpose of testing if it's only available for premium users, especially when you consider the fact that nobody plays the beta

13. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

i gave u already 120$ bum... ^^ well not for this game :P but atleast... ^^

and that u say the player base will grow, is what u guess / hope, i can tell u ur wrong dear MM :x

people care about lag aswell dear mm.... you dont play day for day... i see tons of ppl whining about lags :( or ppl which lag that hard that theyr immortal almost rofl, heard all.

infact, saying PAYING for a FREE-GAME, will grow the player-base is a joke isnt it?

most ppl playing this game arent over 18, dont make them stealing dad's credit card dude... xP whatever its ur game, its ur choice i just can tell u what i see, what i think.

and i would care about that cauze theres no payment option i can use -.- so anyway i cant become premium untill u'll add some payment methods working in swiss -.-

14. MM

Simply adding the game to moddb brought hundreds of people. There a dozen other things like that I can easily do, but right now I'm busy coding.

That's what I thought. I can't engage in philosophical discussions then :).

I want to limit the players playing the test version. I don't like the fact that anyone can join a test session and start randomly whining without even reading the changelog. It's best that only people that know and understand the game play with me on test versions.

15. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

You could just display the changelog on the main menu for the test builds or something.

16. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

A gold-only forums / sections, please.
    And on totally unreleated note, ability to hide forum sections.

17. citricsquid

citricsquid Shark Slayer

That can be set up if MM wants it.

18. JacKD

JacKD Guest

Hey I'm on the Bonus 3 picture I'm famous now xD I'm going to wait till i get back to my country before I decide to buy... Don't know how laggy it may be, the closest will be USA but I think it will suck xD

I hope I can still play though, probable is the thing I'll miss the most from Germany xD

Good luck with KAG-G accounts!

19. MM

citricsquid: sure set it up. I have to think how to give access to it automatically though...

Loki: I guess you could do some "work" like be a game or forum mod. What do you think?

20. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

U MAD?