1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Good songs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by laurentiu, Oct 6, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

such shit m9 get out

2. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

3. AmestriStephen

same artist as b4 u lost scrub

4. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

hay, fuk u bud!
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 27, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 27, 2015 ---

5. Porti

Porti Ballista Bolt Thrower

LOL. Just lol:

6. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

7. AmestriStephen

ol dies

Hermap likes this.
  8. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

jazz-rap type stuff

9. AmestriStephen

10. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

11. Bint

Bint Haxor

12. Andr01d

Andr01d Bison Rider

13. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

Noice

Andr01d likes this.
  14. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

From the time that I really started investing my time into different genres of music and pouring my heart into music (~2001-2003) I have come across quite a few bands that I greatly enjoy. One of these favorites have stood the test of time, and I STILL listen to this album quite often, even 12-14 years later. Here's a few selections from their best album, Between The Heart And The Synapse.

This Armistice is probably the most accessible song, it's a bit softer toned while at the same time having incredible buildup and payoff. Goosebumps every time I listen to it, ESPECIALLY the breakdown and bridge ~4:00 in. Broadcast Quality is my personal favorite out of them all, it's just so goddamnn well written and catchy, and The Rival Cycle is also a pretty fantastic song as well.

Frankly, every track on this album is fucking great, it's a concept album and really should be listened to from beginning to end to get the full effect. There really isn't any track on it that is inherently bad or unlistenable, rather not as fantastic as others. It's an album that has shaped me as a person, my personal preferences, and my outlook on music in general.

They have since broken up, but one of the founding members is now part of a group called The Dear Hunter. While I'm not as big a fan of them as I am of TREOS, it's still a fantastic group with a more grassroots background.

Hermap likes this.
  15. Bint

Bint Haxor

16. thebonesauce

This song is easily the best track from the album, "The Earth Sings Mi Fa Mi," and I could easily look at the lyrics and apply it to my fight with addiction and depression. A lot of people (including some mouth breather on youtube who made a, "music video," for the song) attribute the lyrics to being about loving someone who doesn't love you back. I say fuck that, the lyrics are far deeper than that.

I've got this little itch that I never learned to scratch, It seems that even if I had, I'd rather itch than not. When the pleasure is the lesser and it's giving to the pressure of an ever growing lust and an always present want. All this is yours so here's your piece of it, your part in it. Clench your jaws with claws, you'll strangle it, you'll smother it. Damn right, I want nothing to do with this, no part of it... Fight to death to keep it, this mere fondling is mine. (It's the subtlest of snares.) I've cared so much with proving that I've lost all love for proof. An ever growing craving for a quickly fading feel, I'd trade my soul for a great big hole and a heart too hard to heal. All this is yours so here's your piece of it, your part in it. Clench your jaws with claws, you'll strangle it, you'll smother it. Damn right, I want nothing to do with this, no part of it. Keep locked your jaws, I hope you choke on it. The craving grows fiercer and fiercer it grows. My heart is ringing out of tune, my heart is ringing out of tune, my heart is calling out for you...

I'm first to thirst and the last to drink of the words I've heard but rarely think. Forget my heart has gone to hell, I have found the well and it's mine, all mine.

This song is so fucking good.

EDIT!

Also, here's a bit of an oldie, but totally a goodie.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  17. Bint

Bint Haxor

Gotta learn slide guitar someday.

18. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

Roky Erickson is muh new fave

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  19. thebonesauce

I don't really like Momentary Lapse Of Reason, but goddamn if this song isn't great.

Hermap likes this.
  20. Bint

Bint Haxor

Mods: BlueLuigi