1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Grains are not obtainable for archers ;_; ("BUFF-ARCHER-THREAD")

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Verzuvius, Feb 5, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Title. If you shoot a grain plant with an arrow it should destroyed or something like that.

Blubahub and kodysch like this.
  2. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

@Galen, I did have a reason why: :right: ;_; :left: as you can see in the title.

Apronymous likes this.
  3. noname42

noname42 Shipwright

use bomb arrows ::D:

Verzuvius likes this.
  4. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Grains are wasted on archers, they often only need 1 heart to fully heal. If anything archers just shouldn't be able to eat grains at all, maybe they have to go on a special diet to be thin enough to grapple around?

kodysch, Gurin and startselect3 like this.
  5. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Who needs grains anyway when you can devour the delicious hearts of your enemies? :rekt:

6. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

This comes from a person who got a burger as profile pic...

SirDangalang likes this.
  7. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Another item which make grains redundant ;D Also a gourmet isn't fickle on his sources of meat:

[​IMG]

8. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

There isn't much need for it, but you could use the already existent arrow retrieval mechanic to harvest grains as well.

(RMB when near arrows that are stuck in objects, lets you add them to your inventory slowly)

9. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Damn this post is old. Does anyone else thinks this should be changed? I dont play archer often, but today I tried to replenish my health back and the only thing I found was a planted grain, but i couldn't harvest it.

Could we reconsider this?
    #ArcherDiet2019

Blubahub likes this.
  10. jonipro

jonipro Haxor Tester
    1. Terracraft's Servers

Well if knights and builders can, why shouldn't archers? If i recall correctly archers have 2 hp too.

Blubahub likes this.
  11. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Not sure if healing 1.5 hearts for a archer is worth when you could:
    1) sleep in a bed for a fast heal
    2) buy something from the bed
    3) collect a heart from the ground
    4) kill a fish if there is water
    5) find a flower ( easier on tdm )
    6) hide behind a platform/wall/door/tower/tunnel ( never below the map in tdm please ) until one of the aboves can be used

I play archer alot and dont have much problem with healing, with the grapple you can run away from battle or rush for a heart / another healing item in the ground to patch yourself up

Grains are better used to heal like 3.5 hearts on a knight or 2.5 on a builder so they can keep pushing, a damaged archer can still keep fighting hiding behind their team and still help even with 0.25 hearts

Also grains gets all used up in like 3 minutes of the match, not sure if its a big deal to make a little buff like that ::P:

Osmal likes this.
  12. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Just buy burgers, collect hearts. and spam that spacebar when under pressure.

Magmus and Biurza like this.
  13. I still think this should be added (then we can also use this as a resource in TDM maps since then it would be fairer for the archers)..! I mean, what if your in a mess, and you have a quarter heart, and you beside the enemy's spawnpoint in CTF, and look, there's grain near you, let me shoot it then auto-eat it!

14. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

You can eat grain as a archer, you just need 1 fire arrow to burn the grass under it.

epsilon, Blubahub and PUNK123 like this.
  15. Oh, didn't know that, @Coroz! So nevermind. Thanks..!

Mods: Rainbows