1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Griefer Prison

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Contrary, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I had an idea to kind of combat against kick abuse while also adding something interesting to the game. My idea is that workers can designate small rooms as "prisons" and when someone on the other team is kicked they are teleported into the prison where they have some time to plead their innocence so that the kick can be revoked before they die nastily and are booted from the server. There are probably better ways to do this but mostly I want to have little prisons in my castles. :P

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We've been tossing the idea of jails around quite a bit actually. It'd be nice to be able to take prisoners rather than just murder everyone but it'd also be a novel way to deal with griefers.

3. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

Would be boring to be imprisoned and not able to do anything but cry while your team doesn't care and continues mining.

4. Snow

Snow Guest

This was one of the ways that server admins dealt with assholes, griefers, hackers and other undesirables in a Minecraft Classic server that I used to build stuff in. It was just a small room made of bedrock with 4 small windows so everyone else could look in at them and taunt them for being losers. Other times they would just encase the room with more bedrock so it was nothing but darkness. It was made so that if one of the jailed losers tried to rejoin the server, they would just end up back in their little hole where they belonged.

5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Sounds really fun, I'd like it.

But ofc people should be able to quit the game. Whatabout if there are no jails? Just basic kick then?

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Just implement in KAG over-clocking tool. If one's behaving badly - burn his CPU. :P

Ozminer likes this.
  7. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

Yeah but this will lead to a riot believe me it's true
    anyway if you want to proceed i ent stopping you :D