1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Other games' started by DarkDain, Jan 15, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

All pre-orders are ready April 10. I'm getting the normal edition because I feel that digital edition is a waste of money. Anyone else here have any criticisms about their pricing and such?

2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Any preorder gets you into all future beta weekends and 3day headstart. Deluxe edition has nothing worthwhile thus far, anyone not going Normal is probably gunning for CE

Maybe if they added something like extra character slots for Deluxe, I could see it. but no

3. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Yes, or maybe if they added hats....

4. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

If the leaked information about the cash shop is accurate, then the Deluxe is the only way to get the + guild influence gainer, even though its probably temporary. I'll be picking it up since im starting a guild.

5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

One time only. You can't justify the price hike of Deluxe based on the current extras. The only things not limited use are the mini and the elite skill.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

6. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

I honestly dislike the way they made such an honorable character into a miniature ... pet. Some fans who ordered the CE disagreed to this nasty concept as well.

7. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

Both the glory and influence say one time use but doesnt specify if its a permanent % boost or just a one time gain, the wording kind of suggests one time gain and i dont know if i prefer that =/ need details.

EDIT: yeah sounds like a one time boost, wonder if multiple people can use it for a guild even though its a 'one time' boost. Oh well, sell it to another guild =p

8. xxpabloxx

xxpabloxx Shopkeep Stealer

I havenĀ“t played GW1 but GW2 looks like good, nice graphics.

9. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Anywhere you can still even buy the starter versions?

They're doing that marketing gimmick bullshit of saying out of stock on everything but the highest version in an attempt to garner more sales.

11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

i would assume they temporarily halted prepurchases to ensure the players that already got in will get in

12. cykalu

cykalu Shopkeep Stealer

I'll be in Sea of Sorrows as well.
    Now... almost forgot to think of a name for my character. I have 1.5 hours for that, then spend a few hours at the character creation screen, and hopefully have enough energy in my body to play :3
    </br>--- merged: Apr 27, 2012 5:48 PM ---</br>
    Server is up

13. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Dual pistol or rifle... dual pistol or rifle... dual- FUCK~!

Wonkyth likes this.
  14. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Pro-tip: Chicks look badass with dual guns; Dudes look badass with one big one. ^_^

BlueLuigi likes this.
  15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

So what impression does everyone have so far? Did you run into any issues? I am enjoying the game, but some immediately come to mind:
    1. If you are in Overflow, your party can end up split between different instances. Not cool.
    2. Respawn rates are hell in some areas. I just killed these assholes..!?
    3. wtf crafting

16. Wired

Wired Liberated Signature Monkey Donator

I'm definitely going to be playing GW2 on launch after having such a great time in the beta weekend.
    Also here are some useful links if your searching for information about the game.
    As for issues. The instancing was annoying at times, but other then that the game felt very well polished. Accept for the lacking of 2 of the races ;)
    I'm really enjoying my experimentalist, scepter and dagger is amazing. Get just the right balance of range and escape mechanisms feels really fluid.

17. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Good sir, I do believe you're a psychic. :eek:

I play the stealth class (if there is one) in almost every game I play. :B):
    I'm so happy I could ride a pig. :p
    Again, I often play the stealth class. But as a Charr? BOSS! :>:(::flex:
    Because a cat on a bear is awesome. You know it, I know it, we all know it.
    B3koz itz t0t4lly tha n3w styl n' sto0f! :B):

18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Anyone else find that trying GW2s combat was rather lacking after playing games like Raiderz and TERA?

The question is great but the combat feels lacking cause of that <_>

Both TERA and GW2 are 'good' in the sense of current MMOs, but you have to consider you know, they're only changing one thing or so instead of actually making some good progress.

I also found all other MMO questing to be shit after GW2 so there.

19. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I enjoyed GW2 combat, it felt like I was playing Monster Hunter. Never heard of Raiderz, but I've seen TERA praised for its combat/guilds and criticized that the actual questing was the worst of MMO fodder.

Have to disagree here, I've grown tired of traditional MMOs and they seem to be making great progress with GW2, throwing out a lot of the garbage legacy mechanics. It's one of the few I believe can truly be called "next gen."

Spoolooni and KnightGabe13 like this.
  20. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Honestly, I do hope they wrap up the problems regarding the GPU-lock so that next BWE will run smoothly. So far, I've tried the engineer class, elementalist and theif. I have to admit thief and elementalist can be debatable play styles for anyone who love magic with a mixture of close combat.

As for Tera online, I'm having a hard time focusing on leveling as I often get bored after 3 or so quests. Maybe it's my taste for more expressive gaming that really allows me to be who I am and Tera doesn't deliver that.

Mods: BlueLuigi