1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Has your team ever just SUCKED?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nighthawk, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I don't mean this thread to be derogatory but...

Okay, scratch that. This thread IS derogatory.

Well, essentially, I just had a series of matches in which the Blue Team absolutely failed to do ANYTHING useful. Frankly, at least half of the players seemed like they'd never played KAG before in their lives. There were also griefers, loiterers, and those people who would only sit there making racist comments.

We lost match after match. Eventually, I got fed up and simply left.

Have you guys ever experienced anything like this?

GHOZT likes this.
  2. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Yes alot some people just cant play.

3. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Especially those that haven't played before, who'd have thought that they wouldn't know what they were doing?

Eggnogg likes this.
  4. Tyrianstrasz

Tyrianstrasz Shopkeep Stealer

To be honest, the community here can be kind of elitist.
    When I first started playing, I did the tutorial, which tought me next to nothing. Then I did the next logical thing, I played the game.
    At this point people started calling me various unsavoury things despite me stating that I was new to the game and not a single person said anything to help me learn things, only through eventually visiting the forums did I learn more advanced systems.

TLDR: Dont bash on less skilled players, help them be better.

5. Auri

Auri Tunnel Addict Donator Tester

My team never sucks because I am on it.

GHOZT, xDragon and kalidor like this.
  6. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

It happens, it makes the times when the rest of the team acts competent so much more enjoyable.

(why cant people ever learn multiple team doors is just a waste of wood?!)

7. Tyrianstrasz

Tyrianstrasz Shopkeep Stealer

Because noone ever tells them why, when I first played I built a ton of doors thinking "That'll show them stupid enemies" and the only thing I got was either silence as the other builders took them down or someone calling me a noob and telling people to kick me for griefing.

I am well aware that it's not necessarily fun to help the new guys, but if you want quality players on your team it needs to be done by someone.

8. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yes this community is a bit elitist, especially some of the guards. However, when you know all the stuff and slaughter enemies, it may be hard to look from a newbie's point of view. Also there are a lot of players who are just dumb, and don't react to complaining about their actions at all, even if the complaints are well justified. Such as derpy builders making giant pits behind the base, when there is a crying need of builders in front.

I have had a team consisting almost only noobs and newbs plenty of times before, and when that happens, I will just switch the teams. Sometimes I ragequit.

9. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

If someone says they're a new player I will usually apologise if I have said anything unsavoury (which does happen a lot for me) and I will try and help and explain. I've gotten used to people not bothering to reply though, not even in a foreign language, they just completely ignore me and continue to do stupid stuff.

Foxodi and Beef like this.
  10. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

I don't get bothered if my team really sucks. There is an interesting challange in fighting the enemy team, basically by yourself. But that's only after the game starts. Building phase with 14 sucky builders jumping around like retards is not fun.

Eric, Contrary and Neat like this.
  11. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Yes,but i dont care if im in a team with newbies.
    All that bothers me is that they go LEROOOOY JENKIIIINS mode and mes up the teams life count.

12. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

13. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Our team sucks unless hansel joins and uses his commando/ninja tricks. Good times.

Many times I used to advice builders what to do, most of them simply does not listen, some do and mostly show it by using emotes, I asked few builders to make a bombshop closer, none of them seemed to do it or even understand it, same with quarters, so I have to change class and do it myself, the worst is when front trap bridges are missing on the wall and you can't go back into base and not a single builder cares to replace them or make new ones, same with seeing builders who have no clue what to build, they will only stand in area and block it from placing a block or they will build some retarded structures which serve no purpose - dear builders this is why you have sandbox mode now, so go there to learn and remember how to build certain things. Normally I'm a nice player but once I see too many idiots around doing nothing what serves purpose it does make me rage while the other team is better organised.

In my last game I had 6-7 players on my team, and 4 builders from my team decided to do nothing useful at all and just dug a tunnel under the base and it took them a lot of time, PLEASE THIS IS NOT MINECRAFT.

Builders are the biggest rant source.

14. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

And yet there are so many people who absolutely will NOT use the Builder.

I've found many times that using a Builder is absolutely necessary for the team to continue. And yet some people continue to bash away at a stone wall with a KNIGHT, simply because they either, One, did not have the sense to see that it would be a good time to use a Builder, or Two, they simply didn't want to be bothered to go back and become one themselves.

Good Builders are the lifeblood of the team.

... and bad Builders are the most annoying things in the whole game.

15. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

Its like being forced to babysit children,
    because thats exactly what it is.

Beef and AJ like this.
  16. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

This isn't directed at any of you guys but what I find really annoying is people who spend the whole match complaining about their team. As much as I joke about the dire stupidity of the average pub, but at the end of the day you can't really blame them for being bad. KAG is a pretty casual game and if you don't want to play with pubs you can just join a clan and play with friends.

Eric likes this.
  17. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

then fight without a fort.
    while SOME builders still 'progress' the castle at useless times they are good at securing ground.

18. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

Builders are pretty key to your offensive line. You can make as much of a defense as you want, but if your builders aren't at the front building forwards, your not really pushing effectively.

goodyman8 likes this.
  19. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Yeah you definitely need offensive builders no question about it, but having defensive builders to re-enforce the line are pretty useful, I prefer to be at the front creating the shitty outposts that can just about hold a knight from jumping straight over it, but having builders come along and buff it till it's actually dependable is very valuable. Only problem is those kinda builders generally never venture out of sight of your team's flag.

Alot of games get won through playing very defensively anyway, I've dunno what a proper organised game pans out like, but I can imagine an organised team that just fortifies and defends would be harder to break then one that attacks.

20. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Ever notice how you are always on the losing team? Always! Every game, I join, and we are already losing, whats up with that?