1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Heightened Member Status?

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Ghozt, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

gw on the new ranks kouji, but I don't think there should be derogatory titles (looking at ticket waster specifically). also haxor is a little trite for such a hard to get achievement

Ghozt and masonmistel like this.
  2. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I agree. I thought the "New Member" titles were a bit harsh. I know you're new, but you never did anything bad. See what we're saying?

3. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I like it. Other, good, forums use it too. On the Bay12 forums the new member title is "Escaped Lunatic", and Something Awful has the "Stupid Newbie" one, for instance.

New people should be viewed with suspicion, in my honest opinion, until they prove themselves. Whether this be by useful contribution, insight into KAG, or just by being friendly, it doesn't really matter.

It also encourages them to do any of the above just to get rid of it.

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Being useful and/or proving that you aren't an idiot won't make it going away, posting a lot will though. Bay12's title isn't really derogatory I don't think. I'm not as much of a part of the community as you but I view it as an affectionate extension of the humourous self-deprecation the community is known for (losing is fun, etc.) I know even less about SomethingAwful but from what I hear it's not exactly the kind of community we're going for.

I totally get what you've been saying for a while now and are alluding to in this post. This forum and all forums in generaly would be improved by less tolerance of shitposters and ignorant newbies; in fact my dislike of forum yuckiness is fairly well known. According to Inexorable, I'm "AKA tonne of bricks (you fucking know if you've done something wrong on his watch)." At DRL (Cortex Command forum) I've been banned for extensive flame posts of people I dislike.

But giving names like "ticket wasters" to all new members is not only kind of dickish, but just plain incorrect. Take CoughDrop for example. He's been here since before the forum rennovation iirc and is a well known and respected guy (if we ignore the fact that he plays archer). He has got scarcely 30 posts to his name.

I dunno, it's a small detail, but I don't like the tone it sets.

Chinizz, Beef and masonmistel like this.
  5. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

It's judged by posts alone at the moment, no? Having it judged by likes to post, maybe, although that does encourage reddit style lowest common denominator style posts least you offend someone and like whoring as well.

I understand what you're saying though. Perhaps a less derogatory title would be less objectionable, and ease your concerns? Something KAG related all the same. Failed Bomb Jumper, Archer Spammer, "One Block Wide, Fifty Tall Tower Builder", or something.

Contrary likes this.
  6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Well I changed "Ticket Waster" to "Door Spammer". Was thinking of possibly changing Tower Camper, but that doesn't seem as bad. If you have another suggest feel free to state it here.

(also Haxor is hard for a reason, you're a hacker if you manage to a get the secret trophy :P )

Beef likes this.
  7. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

It's judged by trophy points, Beef.

if i had my way the haxor title would be "lol get ez'd son" or "2 ez 23 pwn u"

Boxpipe likes this.
  8. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator

Which is, in turn, determined partially by posts... You get trophy points for getting a certain amount of likes, posts, donating, and premium. So, he is right, kind of.

9. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I never said he was wrong, just informing him what makes you get a new title.
    I thought that was obvious enough.

10. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Flag Runner the 2nd highest ranl???Thats lame,horde gibber should be 2nd Highest then Castle Crusher,then Flag Runner!

Two likes this.
  11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

That would mean that it takes more skill to throw a bomb into a group of noobs than it is to actually get the flag and get it back successfully.

Also, make sure you check your k key, it seems that it's mapped to type l instead.

12. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Nope,I just accidentally pressed I instead. //didn't get the joke

I find it easier to cap the flag than it is to gib a horde of people

Two likes this.
  13. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

so what exactly is a horde of players? 5 or more or someting?

14. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Dude, being a flag RUNNER is 10x harder than gibbing faegs. Dunno what you're smoking.

Two likes this.
  15. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

It depends on where you are coming from. If a horde is 5 or more people, then its not as easy. So far I have captured 3-5 flags already, never have i got 5 or more kills from a bomb kill against real players.

16. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

When you get a +8, then you shall know nirvana.

17. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

I'm familiar with "Escaped Lunatic", having actually held that title on the Bay12 Forums/Dwarf Fortress Forums before.

As for "Stupid Newbie"...

Nope, i don't go to SA...

Yet.

18. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

It'd be better to give "haxors" the ability to change their title, instead of being called a hacker!
    this would NOT be OP: you apparently need a million likes, and 3 (wtf) posts.

19. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

-_-

Edit: Look what you did. You made me do a single-smiley post. For shame.

20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Personally, I'd say that that blowing people up is more easy than climbing over the enemies fortifications whilst they're still in there and aggressively trying to hug you.
    I mean, you don't even have to blow up the horde in one go! You don't even have to blow up many of them! There's only one flag to capture, and it means going through, over, under, into and around the entire enemy team, whilst they are respawning too.

Also, Gofio? For shame.

thebonesauce likes this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.