1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(Help?) Texture Pack Sprite Locations

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Exon, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Exon

Exon Catapult Fodder

I'm trying to create a texture pack for KAG but I'm kind of confused as to which sprite takes up which "slot" in the sprite sheet. I've already looked all over the place but can't find it documented anywhere.

Anybody got any ideas?

Much appreciated!

2. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Lets take the Knight for example, open up this file knight.cfg. Below are the values you need to find to figure out image name, frame size and frame count.
    Code:
    $sprite_texture                                  = KnightMale.png   // image name
    s32_sprite_frame_width                           = 32               // frame width
    s32_sprite_frame_height                          = 32               // frame height

Now that we know what image file the blob is using and the frame size. Count frames starting from the top left, reading from left to right.
    *note the first frame is 0

For practice lets take a look at the run animation for the knight.
    Code:
      # run
      $sprite_animation_run_name                      = run
      u16 sprite_animation_run_time                   = 3
      u8_sprite_animation_run_loop                    = 1
      @u16 sprite_animation_run_frames                = 1; 2; 3; 4; 
    Since you are just making texture packs you can disregard name, time and loop, just focus on the frames. The run animation uses frame 1, 2, 3 and 4. See if you cant find which frames those are in the image file.

If you are still having trouble figuring out which frame is what take a look at this cheat sheet.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

@Skinney your information is false, did you see this is the KAG Classic forum?

4. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

@Mazey, I see that now. I guess that's what I get for trying to help in a sleepless stupor. Feel free to remove my post.