1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Hitting system, explanation and examples.

Discussion in 'Knight' started by 8x, Jun 15, 2012.

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I'd be very grateful if you -devs, guards, members, FLB or an expert in the issue- could explain how exactly hitting works. What's its logic, or its code - i don't really know much about programming. How important is the situation of the enemy, where you place your cursor, the distance needed between an enemy for hitting him... etc.

I'm writing this because I still find Knight Combat is fairly random...

Arcite and Bammboo like this.
  2. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

I believe there is a box and when an enemy touches the box while attacking, it will inflict damage?

3. Corwen

Corwen Demolitions Expert Donator
    1. KRPG

I am no expert, but how it works in quite alot of games aswell as my own WIP game, is that the player has a hitbox, or and area around it, and so does the weapon, if the weapon hitbox touches the player's one, and action is triggered, in this case it's the player taking damage. This means that it does not matter where your cursor is, it's where your character is facing, if he is facing left, the sword's hitbox will go left, and same with right.

Also, the shield has it's own hitbox, and if the sword touches it, nothing happens.

This has been a breif guide to hitbox combat as know by me, but like i say, i am no expert on the game's mechanics.

4. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

also for some reason on a ladder range is extended for the both the person on the ladder and the person hitting/being hit

Gofio likes this.
  5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

its a retarded hitscan of stupidity iirc

GloriousToast and Beef like this.
  6. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Oh Contrary, you so contrary.

What's up with people reviving dormant threads lately?

Beef likes this.
  7. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

I believe we're in derp-season.

8. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Don't worry about it. Devs are working on replacing it with a directional attack and blocking system that make sense. No more needing to guess about where your hit box is.

stig700, Gofio, feet and 1 other person like this.
  9. feet

feet Bison Rider

Yes! Better combat and we stop becoming ovals!

10. justi01

justi01 Haxor

Yeah, the directional attacks are really gonna change knight combat entirely and I like the idea of it quite a lot. People are still gonna bitch about the combat afterwards though, I can just see it now.

BeasterDenBeast likes this.