1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG How do I run a mod locally? (Answered)

Discussion in 'Help' started by ShapeShifterMike, Jan 25, 2017.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. ShapeShifterMike

ShapeShifterMike Arsonist

I was thinking about improving my Wizard Wars skills and messing with territory control locally, but I can't figure out how. I only know that it's possible because I saw someone talking about it the other day. So far, I've signed in as an admin and can use commands, but I can't figure out editor mode and I don't know how to load anything from the mods folder.

2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

All I know is that you need to put the mod in the mods folder and put the name of the folder on a new line in the mods.cfg file so the game runs the mod.
    For example, I downloaded the unicycle mod by GoldenGuy, put the folder in my mods folder, copied the folder name (Unicycle) and put it on a new line in my mods.cfg file. Then all I have to do is type !unicycle in chat and it spawns in a unicycle.
    If you want to run multiple mods at once I assume you just do the same thing with each mod, making sure each mod folder name is on a separate line in mods.cfg. I've heard some mods don't work well together though.

I hoped this helped.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    ShapeShifterMike and makmoud98 like this.
  3. ShapeShifterMike

ShapeShifterMike Arsonist

Thanks for the help! It didn't work with the territory control, but it's probably because that mod is so unstable. :yes:

4. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Its not meant for Single player, And nobody tests it in single player, so yes, it will not work,

5. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

I completely disabled !commands for admins and sv_test, so they're only usable by specific people.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey