1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How do you bomb jump?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Crashty, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I could write a how to bomb jump, I will save that for another day.

All you guys I presume you are talking about the held bomb jump. Just to tell you, start practicing the bomb jump where you jump and at the last second chuck the bomb. I say this because the held bomb kimonos a bug and will soon (hopefully) be taken out.
    Lately I have been doing the held bomb jump because it takes a lot less skill, that equals a lot less fails.
    Mostly I do some backwards bomb jump thing.
    1. Ignite bomb.
    2. Start running around like a crased maniac. Ie. Similar to FBB when he sees me. (<3)
    3. Near the end of the timer, depending on your ping, jump and face the shield away from where you are jumping towards (backwards) and throw the bomb at the last
    Minute. I would get a pic but am on my iPod.

Tl;dr: Thrown bomb jumps are superior. The one I do te most; jump in the direction you want to go, face the other way and throw the bomb backwards at the last second.

Offtopic# That reminds me, we need a love emoticon extremely bad, it would be the best, wether you are on top of your friendly team mate or you have just killed 5-in-1 it has to be hot keyed though. (the castle hotkey)

Gofio likes this.
  2. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

3. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

What happens when I try to bombjump?

Every. Single. Time.

4. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Your holding the bomb for too long, then just jump and hold your shield up.

5. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

You know, Bunnyboy, that's hella easy to say :p

6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You have to be facing backwards. Wait until it says around 30, then jump, release, and shield.

7. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

I didn't see you hold up your shield. There is also a timer on the bomb if you hover the mouse over it. I uselly jump when it gets to around 30, the hold your shield up.

Last update if I faced the wrong way I couldn't bomb jump, but now it seems to work both ways.

8. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

30 you reckon that would help me quite a bit i will try that from now on because i am a terrible bomb jumper

Gofio likes this.
  9. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

I miss the bomb jump where you could just stand on the ground with your shield up.

Gofio likes this.
  10. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

i just remember there was this one build where it was impossible to bomb jump

Gofio likes this.
  11. CoD

CoD Haxor

Bunny.
    Same. :'(

12. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

indeed. but its even easier to DO!
    read my guide on it, its quite detailed.
    for the people that are too lazy to look it up, here's how to bombjump while gliding:
    you light the bomb, and hold the mouse over the bomb. a timer appears. dont eat it.
    wait untill the timer says thirty / forty and jump, while holding your shield up.
    the important part, is that you have to be moving DOWN when the bomb explodes!
    if you still can't bombjump, you must be one of the rare ubernoobs. my condolences are with you.

Bunnyboy likes this.
  13. FYI it has already been taken out but for some reason (dumb fail pubs?) it's present in the game again.

I still think held bomb jumping is one of worse things, it takes no (no, 0, zero, 0/10, null) skill and is more effective that other BJs. I don't know who made that decision but duh.

And no, I don't bomb jump by holding a bomb.

Edit: it's quite funny. Some people says about a build where 'it was impossible to bomb jump'. I guess it was the build without held bomb jumping.

Ghozt likes this.
  14. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

not true. the held one is effective if you want to cross large distances, but the others, the one you lay on the ground, and the one wich you throw up at the last moment, are usefull to get high. (EDIT: no pun intended...)
    in fact, the bombs have the same effect on every jump, but gravity fucks up all but the held bombjump.

15. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Held bomb jumping does not work for me. :QQ:
    I throw the bomb on the ground, when it hits 20 I jump up and shield down. Then I explode violently. EVERY TIME.

InB4YOU'REDOINGITWRONG.

16. CoD

CoD Haxor

I do the same, but don't gib, so I'm laughing :D

short_round likes this.
  17. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

It takes a lot of practice, I still gib myself and I've been bomb jumping since Build 228.

18. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I know what your problem is.
    the held bombjump doesnt involve laying down any bombs. XD
    bad joke.
    did you make sure that you are a little IN FRONT of the bomb?
    the shield should point directly at the bomb.
    does it work if you dont jump, but just point the shield down?

19. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Yes, I'm in front of the bomb. Maybe the reason is because I tend to lag a bit on RTDM, + the fact that my reflexes aren't Spiderman tier. I've tried waiting until 30-40, but then I hit the ground too early and jump one square, or I gib myself. I think I'm not getting far away enough from the bomb, or I'm shielding too late.

No, I have to jump or it won't work.

20. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

What is your ping on the server? because when my ping is 200+ I can't bomb jump unless the timing is absolutely perfect.