1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about bomb jumping?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SUKIDESUYO, Nov 25, 2012.

?

How do you feel about bomb jumping?

1. I love it.

160 vote(s)
    87.0%
  2. I hate it.

24 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I love it. It's fun, provides fun kills, and encourages builders to make high, well protected defenses.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  2. It's flipping fun if I don't blow up at the beginning..... And then again its fun when I kill an archer if that archer doesn't shoot me out of the air..... But you know it's still fun when you blow up a couple of workshops and spam bombs everywhere, until you blow yourself up..... But you know it's still fun?

As you can see I fail alot.:b_shop::b_shop::b_shop: :p:D:) :argh::eek::skull::QQ:

3. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Try to do x2 bomb jump that is fun or even x3 you can fly like a bird in the sky XD

Razzey likes this.
  4. Razzey

Razzey Builder Stabber

Well, I think the "Cook+Jump+RMB Up" is something that should be fixed because he holds the bomb at the head level so you should be dead when it explodes

5. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

do you even lift, bro?
    the vacuum post explosion would obviously create tonfux of lift, duh.

6. PixieKeira

PixieKeira Shopkeep Stealer
    1. Delta Force - Delta

My opinion of bomb jumping is divided. As a builder, I really hate to see a knight come flying out of the sky to sit his fatness upon my head, effectively rendering my work to be useless. As a knight, I find it to be a relief to know I can get over a pesky, well-defended tower and drop my last 2 bombs on my surprised opponents in hopes of keeping them distracted long enough for my team to catch up. I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

7. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

Holy crap. This is still going.
    I think that bomb jumps serve as the best stalemate breaker in KAG.
    Nothing is better to stop a turtler than to bomb yourself up and over a wall, and beat the guy senseless.
    Another example would be when there's a tower in a difficult place to get to, such as on one side of a bottomless pit, and you bomb your way up to a weak point, and if you do it right, you can take down the tower and save your team, or even beat the crap out of everyone, then just let all your friends in. (That is, if you're good at knight combat)
    As far as I can tell, you all seem to be talking about bomb jumping on a server like Action where there are insane fucking buildings that could never be taken out by one guy, which is very rarely the case.
    On the very first page, Razi said something about how jumps always turn out negative, and if you've ever seen Vidar in action (Not the server!) then you know for a fact that this is not true.

Guitarman and Panasonic like this.
  8. Panasonic

Panasonic Builder Stabber
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Seriously it's awesome and your completely right this is fun and dusted we think it's awesome an ere to stay

9. KCx13

KCx13 Catapult Fodder

Sure, it's great if you know how to do it, and there isn't someone in your team that doesn't know how to do it, or uses it like an ass and kills themselves, or dives into the enemies base, and dies.

10. Nyxity

Nyxity Shipwright

As long as the Knight has mastered it, that is fine.

Well, okay... I sort of hate it when they bomb jump directly using the tower. Weaken the building, thank you very much! :argh: Waste of rock resources having to reinforce the damaged brick again.

11. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

I love it!

12. flipperz

flipperz Shopkeep Stealer

Bomb jumps are godlike, that's what i think of em.

13. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

Does that mean you like them or don't like them?

14. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

Wow 82 I love bomb jumping and 15 I hate it. :p

15. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

82? 15?

16. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

bomb jumping is not stupidly op. it is massive risk for massive reward
    Risks:
    • coins
    • hearts from landing or you could get shot down
    • lives which results in loss of more coin
    Rewards
    • rapid traveling over land
    • jump into enemy territory
    archers have ranged abilities and if are good enough, can shoot down bomb jumping knights

17. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

It was the poll results. Right now, it's 86 v 16

18. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

Yeah, ranged > everything.
    If you can't stop a bombjumper, you haven't tried very hard.
    • build a high wall
    • shoot him midair
    • remove where they're jumping from
    • see where he lands and make a small spike pit near there.

19. FlipBeef97

FlipBeef97 Catapult Fodder

I don't like bomb jumping SOMETIMES, I think its fun sometimes when I am charging out of our base but then here comes another bomb jumper and takes out a part of the tower, but sometimes I hate it, because I had just finished getting 50+ arrows as an archer, and as soon as I leave, I get squashed... not even having a chance to react..... :(

20. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Lots of good points said in this thread already but I think one of the reasons bomb jumping isn't that great is that that's one whole bomb, sometimes two that you're not throwing. Throwing bombs is what's really overpowered IMO. You should be ecstatic that the enemy team is choosing not to use their bombs for free, skill-less and risk-less, multikills and is instead using them to propel their fragile bodies at high velocities straight into the center of hostile territory.

After getting a ninja flag cap and then landing on him a few times, this guy I was just playing with started to whine about bomb jumps. Sure it can seem overpowered but it's like going to click down on a mechanical pencil but instead pressing your finger down on the pointy end (see fig. 1). Sure that hurts a lot, but that doesn't mean pencils are dangerous; you just fucked up really badly.

Fig. 1:

Varion, FuzzyBlueBaron, vampo and 2 others like this.